Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Next weekend is not good for the weather folks, there's going to be rain all day on Saturday and Sunday. Darn it, well, is the weather is going to change because I'm going to the park on this Saturday or Sunday.

Yes, the weather is now going to change because you are going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When I was at the park last Monday, saw somebody had gutted one of those giant plushie game prizes and dumped out all the foam beans into a big pile on the lot. Was a pretty big pile of them, thought I was seeing things as it looked like a snow plow pile at first. People can be so destructive and wasteful.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:07 PM, Daved Thomson said:

True, but you're looking at it from the perspective of the person being asked the question versus the person asking the question.  I assume the person who has the question, has not heard it asked before.  I'm am also referring to the question being asked orally as opposed to written.

This is true except I was referring to one question asked by one person who has been answered multiple times lol

On 10/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Next weekend is not good for the weather folks, there's going to be rain all day on Saturday and Sunday. Darn it, well, is the weather is going to change because I'm going to the park on this Saturday or Sunday.

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I found this cool website that utilizes deep learning to colorize black and white photos. I don't personally have any black and white photos so I decided to test them on GAH photos. It's not entirely accurate but it's cool to see the guesses it made. 

Website link here!

scan0134 copy.jpg

fd35538e6866ed4400078b253c562f26_96aa3e26-e8e5-4427-bcc9-636c84099bd7.png

046691d19056381503f745b05561443d_04c47212-84ff-43ef-bded-82026fdc296e.png

scan0005b copy.jpg

1806a5cbb217eb6cca8275aab0dc2dfc_c0a42cea-cae4-4604-803f-309d434affee.png

supercat copy.jpg

Edited by laurenalexis

Here comes the Six Flags credit card.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/credit-one-bank-becomes-proud-partner-of-six-flags-300956013.html

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Credit One Bank, a technology and data-driven financial services company, announced its official partnership with Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company and largest operator of waterparks in North America. Credit One Bank is now a proud partner of Six Flags® offering exclusive in-park benefits to Credit One Bank card members nationwide and a co-branded credit card coming in 2020.

All current Credit One Bank card members will have the chance to access exclusive benefits and special savings on admission at all 23 participating Six Flags locations in the United States beginning this holiday season and continuing into 2020.

"With this exclusive partnership, Credit One Bank continues to expand its product offerings while further engaging with the everyday consumer," said John Coombe, senior vice president of marketing, Credit One Bank. "Six Flags guests can now enjoy even more benefits of being Credit One Bank card members with access to perks on everyday purchases."

"We are excited to announce our strategic partnership with Credit One Bank where we will utilize our award winning in-park digital network, experiential expertise, and our wide range of admissions and in-park offers to help drive card acquisition," said vice president strategic marketing & partnership, Stephanie Borges. 

The new affiliation between Credit One Bank and Six Flags will offer an expanded product portfolio to reach a broader range of consumers. This compelling credit card and benefits will be available to new and existing card members soon.

This announcement comes on the heels of Credit One Bank's recently announced partnership with the Raiders, as the Official Credit Card of the Raiders and a Founding Partner of Allegiant Stadium.

• Like 1

If the Six Flags branded credit card is a rewards card with the ability to use points on season passes, memberships or other Six Flags items, I would consider applying. I used to have a Universal credit card that had Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure tickets as rewards but it got changed to a regular Chase credit card years ago.

That looks cool. If the new version of the card has different choices (like the Disney credit card), I'd like to see a card with Nitro on it.

I had the same one! I earned a couple of free season passes with it. Then it turned into a Chase blue card... 

I miss the Discover perks. 5% cashback on everything (10% in your first year) was pretty hard to beat. Hopefully this comes close.