Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

4 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

When Winter Adventure 2020 will start?

Are you Yoda?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I can't think of a Six Flags park that gets sued more than Great Adventure.

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2020/01/man-sues-six-flags-great-adventure-saying-his-foot-was-impaled-by-bamboo-shard.html

A Six Flags Great Adventure customer has filed suit against the New Jersey theme park claiming he suffered a serious foot injury in 2018 when he stepped on a sharp piece of bamboo near the Kingda Ka rollercoaster.

Steven Keim Jr., of Douglassville, Pennsylvania, claims was in line for the “Kingda Ka” rollercoaster in May 2018 when park employees told him he could stow his cell phone in a nearby smoking area surrounded by bamboo trees, the lawsuit in federal court said. CourierPostOline.com was the first to report on the suit.

When he went to retrieve the phone, Keim stepped on a sharp piece of bamboo, which pierced his right shoe and foot, the suit said.

The injury resulted in more than $75,000 worth of medical expenses, as well as pain, scarring and limited movement, the suit said.

The lawsuit was filed in Ocean County in November and moved to federal court last week.

Keim placed blame for his injury on park employees, who he said were negligent in ensuring safe conditions for visitors.

“Great Adventure knew or should have known of the unreasonably dangerous and defective condition existing at the designated smoking area adjacent to the ‘Kingda Ka’ rollercoaster,” the lawsuit said.

A Great Adventure spokesperson could not immediately be reached for comment.

It seems strange to me an employee would suggesting hiding a phone near a smoking area to avoid using a locker. I know it's possible that really happened but just seems unlikely. Even if an employee really did suggest it, why would they risk their phone getting stolen or damaged rather than pay the $1 for the locker.

10 hours ago, Yoshi said:

It seems strange to me an employee would suggesting hiding a phone near a smoking area to avoid using a locker. I know it's possible that really happened but just seems unlikely. Even if an employee really did suggest it, why would they risk their phone getting stolen or damaged rather than pay the $1 for the locker.

Or leave it locked up in the car where it belongs. 

With Bamboo, new chutes generally are very soft and will bend. However, it could have been a poorly cut stump which would be rigid.  

Edited by The Master

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/local-companies/2020/01/22/chuck-e-cheese-parent-replaces-ceo-tom-leverton-with-six-flags-executive/

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! A Six Flags executive joins CEC Entertainment! read all about it! Dang this is getting more eating a lot of pizzas from Chuck E. Cheese's than Six Flags! Quick post a topic about it!

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

On 1/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, Medusa42 said:

I can't think of a Six Flags park that gets sued more than Great Adventure.

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2020/01/man-sues-six-flags-great-adventure-saying-his-foot-was-impaled-by-bamboo-shard.html

Maybe they could solve the locker/phone problem and that would have never happened. I know it is just 1$, but it adds up and makes those three rides an upcharge, and if I leave my phone in the car it just becomes a hassle. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:54 PM, jollyroger said:

Maybe they could solve the locker/phone problem and that would have never happened. I know it is just 1$, but it adds up and makes those three rides an upcharge, and if I leave my phone in the car it just becomes a hassle. 

I remember back in the olden days when we didn't have a phone to worry about. We just had a meeting time and place. Man those were the good old days. You could really enjoy the park.

2 hours ago, scott said:

I remember back in the olden days when we didn't have a phone to worry about. We just had a meeting time and place. Man those were the good old days. You could really enjoy the park.

The good old days before nearly everyone willingly bought electronic ball and chains. 

• Like 1

Apparently they "don't know" whether the kids rides will come back or not. I would have thought they'd have some idea by now...

10 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Apparently they "don't know" whether the kids rides will come back or not. I would have thought they'd have some idea by now...

(Spoilers) Hint hint. The kids rides might part of Bugs Bunny Boomtown / DC Super Friends next year...

Jersey Devil BBQ sounds really good! It’ll be nice to have a second BBQ restaurant on the opposite side of Best of the West. I wonder if they’ll have different/exclusive options to tie-in with JD.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, GAcoaster said:

Some decisions aren’t made until a couple of weeks before park opening.  I know it becomes a challenge for those responsible for submitting changes to the park map when getting them printed for the new season.  

My guess is that they're obviously concentrating on JD right now, and fixing the kiddie section situation is one of the next steps, most likely for next year. Until that plan is worked out, they can't say anything that people are going to interpret as a promise when it's not yet set in stone.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

My guess is that they're obviously concentrating on JD right now, and fixing the kiddie section situation is one of the next steps, most likely for next year. Until that plan is worked out, they can't say anything that people are going to interpret as a promise when it's not yet set in stone.

100%

I get that they basically have to see if they can afford to put those rides back after the potential cost over runs of building JD, but it's frustrating that they can't budget that no matter what. To have lost the kids coaster and several rides like that with no replacements seems like a problem. Just like in the past when they have closed kids rides and areas then had to put them back due to guest complaints. I'm guessing they'll open without any of them re-installed and then by mid-July they'll have rebuilt two of them. 

By now they should know this will happen, but then again this is the same park that always seems to get caught off guard that Fright Fest comes each September... 😄

8 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

I get that they basically have to see if they can afford to put those rides back after the potential cost over runs of building JD, but it's frustrating that they can't budget that no matter what. To have lost the kids coaster and several rides like that with no replacements seems like a problem. Just like in the past when they have closed kids rides and areas then had to put them back due to guest complaints. I'm guessing they'll open without any of them re-installed and then by mid-July they'll have rebuilt two of them. 

By now they should know this will happen, but then again this is the same park that always seems to get caught off guard that Fright Fest comes each September... 😄

If next year is new kids area revamp, could kiddie train ride will be return for Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

If next year is new kids area revamp, could kiddie train ride will be return for Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

That area is very tight. I can only see a new kids coaster there...but very unlikely. 

I see the "Old Country" entrance (DC Super Friends) and Plaza Del Carnival as new kids area plots (something New)...maybe National Park is renamed Boomtown, but I don't see Safari Kids getting touched any further

2020 map just released to the park’s website!

CA79B654-485E-40DC-B619-618A0A2D66E5.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like Taz got renamed, but unchanged

I see there are two paths to JD. 

2 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

2020 map just released to the park’s website!

CA79B654-485E-40DC-B619-618A0A2D66E5.jpeg

I'm expecting Safari Kids will transform into Bugs Bunny Boomtown, and add DC Super Friends kids area near by Justice League and Cyborg next year. Also where is DC Universe portal entrance?