Misc GA Mumblings

The Master, you can always be counted on to bring me back down to reality when I get overly optimistic. Your pessimism is always appreciated.  😀

• Haha 2
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Literally, every thing you say is TRex or Raptor. I hope we never get them just because i am so SICK of hearing you talk about it, on every stinkin thread.    Rant over.

Posted Images

On 6/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, Yoshi said:

Hopefully there will be rest areas where you don't have to wear a mask like Universal has, if someone needs to take a break from the mask.

https://www.news9.com/story/5ee12ec7d0d1222312184343/frontier-city-announces-new-mask-policy-at-theme-park

OKLAHOMA CITY - 

Six Flags Frontier City announced that it made some adjustments to its mask-wearing policy.

The park now offers "mask-free zones," where guests can take a "face mask break" for a short time.

The park did not specify how long guests can stay in a mask-free zone.

There are eight types of mask-free zones on-site: The South Awning, Tumbleweed Deck, Between the Best of the West and Renegade, Go Kart Benches, Gamesville Junction, Patio on the East side of Fort Frontier, Timber Town Gazebo next to Hootie's Tree House and all smoking areas.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard a rumor at the end of last month reservations didn't go past the 28th for the safari

Surprised that water parks and amusement parks are allowed to open at the same time. Seems easier to enforce social distancing and sanitation protocols at an amusement park, and obviously masks can't be worn at a water park. 

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

I heard a rumor at the end of last month reservations didn't go past the 28th for the safari

They went up to the weekend of July 11th and 12th for me; I even booked one of those days. I figured that was around the time the park was planning to open and it turned out to be fairly accurate. However, if the park opens earlier than that weekend those reservations evidently will not be valid. 

1 minute ago, XENITH said:

They went up to the weekend of July 11th and 12th for me; I even booked one of those days. I figured that was around the time the park was planning to open and it turned out to be fairly accurate. However, if the park opens earlier than that weekend those reservations evidently will not be valid. 

It depends how quick they can get jobs filled and adjust everything

• Like 1

I’m getting word from someone who spoke to the park’s guest relations team that the park is planning to open on Wednesday, July 8th and reservations will be available starting this coming Saturday, June 27th. The source also stated that the park will delegate July 6th and 7th as preview days for pass holders and members. This response seems a bit flawed, as I feel the park would have announced reservation opening by now if it were coming up this Saturday. If I had to guess, personally, I think the park will begin accepting reservations by July 1st, hold preview days on July 13th, 14th, and 15th, and then open to the public Thursday, July 16th.

1 minute ago, XENITH said:

I’m getting word from someone who spoke to the park’s guest relations team that the park is planning to open on Wednesday, July 8th and reservations will be available starting this coming Saturday, June 27th. The source also stated that the park will delegate July 6th and 7th as preview days for pass holders and members. This response seems a bit flawed, as I feel the park would have announced reservation opening by now if it were coming up this Saturday. If I had to guess, personally, I think the park will begin accepting reservations by July 1st, hold preview days on July 13th, 14th, and 15th, and then open to the public Thursday, July 16th.

They could technically hold previews and keep the Safari as a drive through as the park technically isn't open to the public, but dumb GP be dumb GP.

2 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

They could technically hold previews and keep the Safari as a drive through as the park technically isn't open to the public, but dumb GP be dumb GP.

I wonder if they will keep the safari as a drive through attraction for the remainder of the season or just enforce social distancing on the off-road adventure trucks. 

I was looking at the ride list for the park and noticed the following rides are listed as temporarily closed:

Air Safari

Cyborg Cyber Spin

Congo Rapids

Houdini's Great Escape

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Saw Mill Log Flume

Slingshot

Tornado (kid swing ride and not the water slide)

Zumanjaro

Dare Devil Dive is also listed as not open yet.

If that is what will be closed when the park opens, it's good that Skull Mountain and The Dark Knight will be running. I expected them to be closed since they are indoors.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/ride-list

17 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

I will really be surprised if Ka is open. 

Storm Runner is just broke and the parts can't get to Hershey.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

There’s a tropical storm warning for much of New Jersey tomorrow including Jackson. I doubt the park will be open especially since it supposed to rain 1 to 2 inches throughout the day.  

Both the Safari and theme park are closed today.  

12 hours ago, harry2004 said:

dude post that in the misc theard

The joke is that I had the idea about wildfires in the Pine Barrens...and then it happened, as well as the heroes having a knight motif.

End of tangent.