Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Drugs in the park? This is ridiculous, especially with how much security there already is. It's people like these that are going to wind up giving Great Adventure body scanners at the entrance. There will also probably be a significant increase of the security guards as well. :cursing:

I think the solution to this would be to stop having concerts and festivals that will encourage these type of people to come to the park.

There was HEAVY drug use in the park on Saturday. I saw many people smoking joints around the park (including the people directly in front of me in line for Nitro). People were also using drugs in the bathrooms. The person next to me on Bizarro was high... And same with the person next to me on Nitro.

It was a dubstep festival. Did you really expect to see teenagers/young adults with working brains and no drug issues?

Granted, while I can name three exceptions when it comes to dubstep fans (Kaiser, Kevin (coasterfreak96) and one of my best friends), the stoner fans far out number the sane and rational fans.

Edited by MarioSonic94

I think the solution to this would be to stop having concerts and festivals that will encourage these type of people to come to the park.

Yeah, I was there Saturday as well, and it was around 9:20 at night when I went on RMT. I looked into the arena, and it was packed. It was so full that I don't even know how people could move around in there. I'm the only 15 year old in my neighborhood who does not use drugs, :innocent: but I'm around the other teens enough to know what marijuana smells like. :Ill: The smell was pretty evident in the parking lot now that I think about it. :mad:

It was a dubstep festival. Did you really expect to see teenagers/young adults with working brains and no drug issues?

Granted, while I can name three exceptions when it comes to dubstep fans (Kaiser, Kevin (coasterfreak96) and one of my best friends), the stoner fans far out number the sane and rational fans.

From what I saw on RMT, it seemed like a pretty cool show. I agree that a lot of people who would go to that type of concert may be of that stature, but I actually love dubstep as well. I'm part of the group that is definitely out numbered. :discosmile:

Edited by laurenalexis

Probably Saturday, but both days will be crowded, but it depends on the weather. Sunday is probably wouldn't be as bad, although again, both days will be crowded if the weather is nice.

There was HEAVY drug use in the park on Saturday. I saw many people smoking joints around the park (including the people directly in front of me in line for Nitro). People were also using drugs in the bathrooms. The person next to me on Bizarro was high... And same with the person next to me on Nitro.

Glad I wasn't there that day. I remember a few years ago during FF, while riding Nitro the girl next to me was high as a kite. She waved her arms all over and almost hit me in the face from spazzing out. Her boyfriend had to carry her out of the seat when the ride was over.

Second time I was at SFMM, there was a goup of people sharing a joint in a queue.

One of my visits to SFA there were empty liquor bottles in most of the mens rooms.

It's not hard at all to defeat SF's security measures.

Parking has been raised to $25 for regular, $35 for preferred

And it looks like it might rain for the next 4 of those operating days :(

I'm hoping to get back to the park at least twice more this year. It's going to be a boring 5 months between the end of October and opening day (hopefully in March again).

I still have not been to fright fest, and this weekend is not looking too good to go.

Looks like it will probably be a wash out. I expect the park will probably cancel this Friday night. Man do I hate Nor Easters storms, at least it isn't snowing this time. At least last week was really nice, may be the last warm weather we could get for the year.

This storm really was not that bad, at least where I live. It barely ever even got windy, maybe breezy, and it rained yesterday morning and today. I was expecting gusty winds and torrential rains at times.

I know this isn't accurate or to scale, but I think next year's map should include the Safari - just like how the coasters illustrate their track layouts. It really makes the park look impressive!

gallery_2_35_994048.jpg

It would be interesting to see if they could do that; I felt that Safari Off-Road Adventure was under-represented in the park maps this year because it doesn't even show the full station and turnaround area for the trucks that is in the main park. It just has a tiny building with a number next to it. Hopefully they can fix this for next year.

I don' think it should be part of the map, only some of it. It would be too big to have the whole thing, either that or the rides would need to look really small.

I just read that El Toro's line is all the way to the bridge near Bizarro :eek:

Right now, Friday has a high of 55 and low of 31 with winds of 18 mph. Sounds like it will be a cold night but since I can't go Sunday and wouldn't be able to go on Saturday until later in the day (and there is no way I would go on any Fright Fest Saturday, especially the last one of the year) so I'll just deal with the cold weather. Normally I'd be a little concerned about rides running but based on past trips other than possibly Kingda Ka, I am expecting the rest of the coasters to be open.

Edited by Yoshi

Some of the other forecasters say the low for Friday could be 38 or 36, let's hope they are right. About the last week of Oct is when the weather here really craps out. Sad to see the growing and park seasons end already.