Misc GA Mumblings

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Literally, every thing you say is TRex or Raptor. I hope we never get them just because i am so SICK of hearing you talk about it, on every stinkin thread.    Rant over.

Posted Images

The only real long line I waited in was season pass processing for 40 minutes, other than that I waited 20 minutes for Green Lantern and Nitro, 10 minutes for Kingda Ka and less than 10 minutes for everything else.

By 8:00, I saw Nitro's queue was 3/4 filled. Batman's line was sticking out into the city park section of it's queue wrapping around the little fountain. Even Houdini's line was queued up and around it's little fountain too. I left by 9:00 due to the crowds and the cold. Early that night wasn't crowded but it got bad by 8 or so.

Certain areas of the park were not that crowded. The area around el toro, bizarrro, runaway minetrain, etc. was not that crowded. At least around 10:30 it wasnt;P

Edited by joeyc98

I guess I was lucky with avoiding being at the rides when they had long lines. When I went to Nitro around 7:30 the line was almost to the entrance with no switchbacks used and it took 20 minutes. It sounds like the line must have gotten worse right after that.

Yeah I saw it wasn't ready at opening. I went to Batman at opening and then saw Nitro was closed and didn't want to waste time waiting for it to open so I took the Skyway to Bizarro instead.

I waited 30 minutes for Nitro at around 9pm. The line filled about 1/4 of the switchbacks at that point. Most other coasters were one or two trains when I got to them. El Toro, however, had a full queue. I ended up skipping it. I thought about heading to it at around 10:30, but I was freezing and hungry and just wanted to hit the road.

Edited by cygnus12

I got on KK twice without much of a wait, but that was right at 5:20 with the early SP admission. It seemed like the area around Nitro and Movietown was extra crowded.

Edited by The Master

I went to the park 24 times this season, which was a new record for me. I don't think I'll be going as much next year. Then again, I said the same thing last year when I went to the park 22 times and I never expected to go more than that this year.

Edited by Yoshi

Every time i go to the park when both sides of the skyway are open, it seems everyone goes to one side and the other side has no one. Friday i was on the fort side and the left queue was down the stairs and the right one had no one. I insisted to my friends the right one was open and they didnt believe me. I walked up to the guy and he yelled both sides are open and i felt special xD

I went to the park 24 times this season, which was a new record for me. I don't think I'll be going as much next year. Then again, I said the same thing last year when I went to the park 22 times and I never expected to go more than that this year.

Last year I said I wanted to go more this year than last year (went 18 times last year), but instead I went a lot less, well there is always next year. In a few years once I get my license i'll be able to go whenever I want.

Yeah it does feel like the season went by fast.

Every time i go to the park when both sides of the skyway are open, it seems everyone goes to one side and the other side has no one. Friday i was on the fort side and the left queue was down the stairs and the right one had no one. I insisted to my friends the right one was open and they didnt believe me. I walked up to the guy and he yelled both sides are open and i felt special xD

That happens a lot. I heard people on Friday thinking one side of the Skyway was for Flashpass only. Everyone just seems to follow each other not even realizing there are 2 sides/lines. When Kingda Ka used to run all 4 loading stations I remember once they had the right side open with no one there and everyone was on the left side. The ride ops were asking people to go the right side because there weren't enough people to launch the trains and they even told the people on the left side they wouldn't have to wait and still hardly anyone moved over to the other side of the station.

Yeah it does feel like the season went by fast.

That happens a lot. I heard people on Friday thinking one side of the Skyway was for Flashpass only. Everyone just seems to follow each other not even realizing there are 2 sides/lines. When Kingda Ka used to run all 4 loading stations I remember once they had the right side open with no one there and everyone was on the left side. The ride ops were asking people to go the right side because there weren't enough people to launch the trains and they even told the people on the left side they wouldn't have to wait and still hardly anyone moved over to the other side of the station.

Yeah that would always happen when I went on Kingda Ka. People could be so clueless. Just like on El Toro when sometimes people don't know to move down towards the back, so the front is cluttered meanwhile there are empty rows in the back. It can get pretty annoying.

With El Toro part of the problem is that the station is very small for a coaster of it's size. Sometimes the people in the front rows back up to the station wall and you just can't get through to the back rows. They really should have people enter the stations from the rear rows and not near the front rows.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I am planning to make a Rolling Thunder tribute video for YouTube, and I was wondering if I could use pictures and the commercial video from the ride's inaugural season from this site. I would credit greatadventurehistory.com at the end of the video and in the description, and I would keep all the watermarks with the site name on them in the pictures.

Note: I am not trying to start new debates about the ride's demolition in these forums, and neither will the video I am planning on making.

Edited by RC98