Misc GA Mumblings

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

The dippin dots guy told him

Posted Images

i dont get the 11am openings

The 11:00 opening help stretch the labor into the night so they can stay open later. On those fall days it makes sense to open a little later (let things warm up) and then stay open later to accommodate the crowds. Many parks do the same thing for fall/Halloween.

Cool! Do you know if there will be any nightly or weekly fireworks displays for the summer season, like was attempted last year? I know I would like to see one.

i doubt it. last year it was just every thursday in july, so only 3 or 4 times. They're doing the same amount just one after another.

Weren't the neighbors part the reason they cut back the fireworks? Dorney was going to have fireworks every day this past summer until the neighbors went to the township board to complain and forced them to change it back to 3 times a year like normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Long range weather forecasts, if you can trust them, are saying it is going to be a cold March this year. About another 6 weeks of winter for the northeast at least. Even the southeast will have a slow start for spring. May be just as well the park is opening later.

Just remember that whatever people are saying, the blizzard is still over a week away. Much can and will change, I think it isn't even going to be that big of a storm, although I am hoping that this does happen.

Thanks for posting the calendar.

I'm glad to see only the first week in June has 6:00 closings and then moves to 8:00 closings the next week since schools are still in session and later in the day when school groups leave, from 5 - 8 on those days it should be some opportunity to get a lot of rides in with no waiting.

Thats the week I visit NJ and GA just cause of that open till 8 and no crowds.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure this needed its own thread and honestly not sure if it goes here but what the hell.

I havent seen this posted up yet. Am I the only one that feel Nitros drop out of the station is in need of a MAJOR cleaning? I was there for fright fest this past season and it looks terrible