Misc GA Mumblings

not sure this needed its own thread and honestly not sure if it goes here but what the hell.

I havent seen this posted up yet. Am I the only one that feel Nitros drop out of the station is in need of a MAJOR cleaning? I was there for fright fest this past season and it looks terrible

I think the whole ride could use a paint job, but that would be a lot of work. I do think the pre drop is especially in need of one.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

The dippin dots guy told him

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I hope these subfreezing spells end by April. If our weather is still stuck in the freezer (sub 32 highs) by then, I wonder if GADV may push back park opening? Hopefully it won't be that bad by then but with this long lasting weather pattern I would not be surprised if it is still very chilly by then.

My concern is if the weather is still around at or below freezing for the daily highs still often by then. Even I thought we would have snapped back into the high 30s by now. Heck I would be happy if it is in the mid 40s for opening.

I just read the farmers almanac predicts that "the months of April and May will be slightly cooler than normal, with near normal rainfall. It is predicted that the 2014 Summer will be hotter than normal, with slightly below-normal rainfall and the hottest periods will be from mid-July to mid August. September and October should be warmer than normal, with rainfall slightly above normal in the northern section of this region while in the southern portion the rainfall should be a bit below normal."

Sounds like the master was right about a chilly spring. I am glad that they are forecasting a warmer summer again though.

Edited by jdc12192

I just read the farmers almanac predicts that "the months of April and May will be slightly cooler than normal, with near normal rainfall. It is predicted that the 2014 Summer will be hotter than normal, with slightly below-normal rainfall and the hottest periods will be from mid-July to mid August. September and October should be warmer than normal, with rainfall slightly above normal in the northern section of this region while in the southern portion the rainfall should be a bit below normal."

Sounds like the master was right about a chilly spring. I am glad that they are forecasting a warmer summer again though.

One of the few times I would have preferred to be wrong. The long range 45 day forecast as of today, on Accuweather predicts that April 12th and 13th should be in the very high 50s and sunny. Let's hope the forecast doesn't change, but being so far off, it likely will change. The trend looks like this spring will run about 10 degrees below normal which will probably cause a late start for the growing season.

^ "Where You're Part of the Fun" is a slogan typically used in 1979 to 1980, but I have seen photos of those banner being used as early as 1978 and well into the '80s. The banner is a quality item. I ran acorss one on ebay several years ago.

Here is a similar banner used at a late '70s Dunkin Donuts party hosted by Larry Cochran.

gallery_2_25_640600.jpg

It's 10 minutes, I usually don't get to the park at opening (except for Fright Fest on Friday nights) but it was nice to be one of the first people in line for a coaster. It was one of the few times I was able to get the front seat at Nitro since I'm not willing to wait an extra 6 to 8 trains for the front row when the ride has a full station.

As long as you have a Gold Pass and not a regular season pass it should work. All Six Flags park should have early entry for Gold Passholders.

Edited by Yoshi

^ yes, if one person in a group has a gold pass the rest of the group is allowed in with them. Keep in mind though last year it was one single turnstile so if the line is really long and you're stuck at the end, the other gates may be open before you get in through the gold pass line. So just use your desecration if you can get closer in another line.

I used early access on the last friday last year which allowed me to be the first person in like for KK without even trying. Just walked normally to it and was the first guy there. Probably another 15 minutes before any other people showed up. Sure beats the normal stampede of pushy people.