Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

I saw that Magic Mountain souvenir cup is $15 and $5 for a wristband another day also the cups are orange this season for what its worth, great adventure should do the same.

Number 1 thing on my list of concerns is deff the line jumpers. Its out of hand at GADV. Who cares about tattoos. Almost all my friends have them and half the time people I meet with tattoos are nicer then the people without. Nice to see people are still so fast to judge based on appearance. The crowds GADV draws as a whole is a little meh, to say it nicely. The past few years I find myself more willing to take the drive to Dorney or Hershey. I feel bad saying that because I grew up every year going to GADV

If anyone is going to the park the 12th or 13th and does not have a season pass, or is going with people without a SP, use promo code '40years' online for tickets saving you $40.

Why do they always have to ruin opening day with deals like this.

2014 Flashpass prices are online. Prices are lower than last year for 1 person but the difference is that for multiple users on 1 Flashpass, the price does not decrease per person. Regular is at $45 per person, Gold at $65 per person and Platinum is $110 per person. Last year Gold started at $80 and Platinum started at $120.

Edited by Yoshi

It seems to me that a lot of prices decreased this year.

Spring really came quickly!

Yesterday at the park I noticed that, at least for Bizarro, flash pass users get their own train, regardless if the train is full, or has 8 people on board. Why don't they load the remaining seats? It wasn't a big issue yesterday with short lines, but loading times were terrible with both trains on the brakes while loading, for at least 2 minutes on the far brakes.

Maybe it was a mistake since the ride ops were new? Flashpass for as long as I can remember has it's own staircase and merges in the station. The only time I have seen that happen is at Skull Mountain and Scream Machine where Flashpass goes up the exit and when the Flashpass line got too many people in it, they would fill an entire train with Flashpass rather than just 1 designated Flashpass car like normal.

Due to an abnormal traffic jam on a road I never have seen a jam on before, I only got 15 minutes in GADV yesterday, just enough time for 1 ride on Dark Knight and 1 ride on The Big Wheel, the only good weather weekday too. Next few days the temps will be way below normal with unusually late freezing temps for the next couple of nights. Temps won't really warm back up until the busy Easter weekend.

^ It was also crowded yesterday because of 'magcon' people ("""famous Viners"") were there and tweeted for people to come. The fangirls were running in stampedes all over the park, it was nuts.

I'm hoping on Monday next week crowds will be lower since there is school the next day so maybe people won't want to stay until closing. If not, then Coasters After Dark should be good in 10 days if the weather is ok. I could have gone tomorrow and left before I had to get to work but the cold weather and 20 mph wind doesn't sound like the best day to walk around the park.

Edited by Yoshi

I'm hoping on Monday next week crowds will be lower since there is school the next day so maybe people won't want to stay until closing. If not, then Coasters After Dark should be good in 10 days if the weather is ok. I could have gone tomorrow and left before I had to get to work but the cold weather and 20 mph wind doesn't sound like the best day to walk around the park.

I actually have school on that Monday, I was supposed to have off but they took it away from the snow days. I was thinking about going on Saturday, which I expect will be pretty crowded.

^ It was also crowded yesterday because of 'magcon' people ("""famous Viners"") were there and tweeted for people to come. The fangirls were running in stampedes all over the park, it was nuts.

So that's what it was! I was eating in the Yum Yum Cafe around 1 and about 100 teenage girls were running after someone. I was dissapointed that it was so crowded Monday, I thought much more so than Saturday. Luckily I was able to get 2 consecutive rides on El Toro at opening before the lines came. I even got my own train on Bizarro!

That's one good thing about getting there at opening, a chance for at least a few rides with no wait. I always check the events page to make sure that nothing is going on the day I want to go to the park (especially concerts with the large crowds they bring) but when it is not an official event like this was I guess it's difficult to avoid.

Edited by Yoshi

So there was some flash mob thing at GADV yesterday? Never heard of this "magcon" before either. That would explain why the park was so busy. After closing, there were a bunch of stealth security cars zipping around the parking lot with hidden red flashers in their windshields.

So there was some flash mob thing at GADV yesterday? Never heard of this "magcon" before either. That would explain why the park was so busy. After closing, there were a bunch of stealth security cars zipping around the parking lot with hidden red flashers in their windshields.

It was more of 'fangirls' of this tour organization thing(not sure what else to call it) of these 'famous vine people' who tweeted they were going to be at the park and really hyped it up, and people came thinking they could meet them but in reality caused a huge ruckus everywhere they went tramping people and everything. They were nuts. Also didnt help the people of the group kept tweeting,instagraming, and vining their locations so people would be running all over the place, meanwhile they were always in backstage areas or going back ways to rides.

At the first sealion show we had about 500(thats being generous) or more people CHARGING to the stadium thinking they were in there.From the gate of the stadium to the fountain was just a sea of people. Also all day they thought we were hiding them in there and every possible thing we told these people we were accused of lying about.

Forexample this is the crowd of people who knew they were on batman courtesy of their Instagram page

pZiHHs6.png

This youtube video also sums up the day, but actually seems somewhat calmer then it actually was

Edited by jdc12192

Wow that looks very annoying. I'm really glad I wasn't there yesterday. It looks like it was impossible to get near the entrance of Batman for those that couldn't care less about Magcon. I wonder if the people in that picture even cared about going to the park for rides or were only there to follow the Magcon people around.

^From the (many) fangirls i interacted with yesterday, i can safely say they most likely came thinking they were going to meet them.

Maybe me hitting that traffic jam wasn't such a bad thing then. Such a bizarre situation. So this was a boyband type group promoting themselves causing this mess? Abuse of online media is really causing probelms these days.

Would have been a good day to bring a portable cell phone jammer LOL.