Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Interesting to see in that video that the Rolling thunder track under El Toro is still there

^So happy I missed that! Unfortunately they probably ruined a lot of other people's good time.

That is a shame, especially for those who were first timers at the park that day, they probably throught GADV was always like that and left with a bad impression. This is the kind of thing that gives GADV a rough reputation. Even I thought it was a sign the park was pulling even more people in for a more crowded season being so busy so early.

Also it is a shame the park is open this week with temps in the low 50s instead of next week which will be in the low 70s.

Edited by The Master

Hmmm ok. Ill see tomorrow,i noticed a few new trainer names but don't remember if Caity was one of them or not. Just was curious.

Today was a horrible day for ride operations. Almost every outdoor coaster was closed due to cold temps until about 12:30. There were mounds of snow around some parts of the park and even on Nitro and El Toro's track. Slowly rides started to open one by one except for El Toro. Apparently the the temps caused the track to freeze. At least thats what the employee out front says. The weather wasnt enough to scare away crowds however. Early in the day there were 30-45 min waits for Nitro, Batman, and Green Lantern. Freezing Day indeed.

It was more of 'fangirls' of this tour organization thing(not sure what else to call it) of these 'famous vine people' who tweeted they were going to be at the park and really hyped it up, and people came thinking they could meet them but in reality caused a huge ruckus everywhere they went tramping people and everything. They were nuts. Also didnt help the people of the group kept tweeting,instagraming, and vining their locations so people would be running all over the place, meanwhile they were always in backstage areas or going back ways to rides.

At the first sealion show we had about 500(thats being generous) or more people CHARGING to the stadium thinking they were in there.From the gate of the stadium to the fountain was just a sea of people. Also all day they thought we were hiding them in there and every possible thing we told these people we were accused of lying about.

Forexample this is the crowd of people who knew they were on batman courtesy of their Instagram page

pZiHHs6.png

This youtube video also sums up the day, but actually seems somewhat calmer then it actually was

Interesting, I saw someone from my school in that video.

That's weird, it didn't snow here in PA. Just a very strange week for GADV I guess. This is the 3rd year in a row it has snowed during GADV's operating season too, climate change?

Edited by The Master

I just had an idea. An online profile for every season pass holder. Everything would be on that person's profile. Pictures they took or bought, access to the ecoupons, chatting, up coming events or promotions, track your visits. I thought of this because i have a photo pass and i have to sign into 2 different sites for this. I think it would be easier just to have one site for everything.

This article is a little confused!

Rave: Six Flags introduces new roller coasters

Source: The Quinnipiac Chronicle - April 23, 2014

The wait is over. Summer is almost here and Six Flags is kicking off the 2014 season with two new attractions: Goliath and Zumanjaro. If the roller coasters that were already at Six Flags aren’t exciting enough for you, these might be.

The new roller coaster Goliath is the world’s largest wooden coaster and is breaking three world records. Goliath is the fastest wooden coaster, which thunders riders around the track at 72mph. The 180-foot drop starts the wild ride off and the 85-degree drop might make your heart stop.

Goliath has many different twists and turns that fling riders around in their seats. There is a gut-wrenching 180 degree G-roll twist and two inversions. Riders won’t know what they are getting themselves into until they get on

If that coaster is not enough, there is always the new Zumanjaro “Drop of Doom” for people that want to go up and see the park from extreme heights. When you get up to the 415-foot top, guests look around at the park for a few seconds before they come plummeting 90 miles-per-hour to Earth.

The “Drop of Doom” is also a record breaker; it is the tallest drop tower in the world. If you’re brave enough to go on the ride, your nerves will be calmed by the African safari themed background. If you make it to the ride, you and seven friends can take on the challenge.

With the two new rides coming this summer, one ride will be retiring. Rolling Thunder, a Six Flags original, is going to be closing at the end of the summer. The new rides that are coming in are more thrilling than this Six Flags classic coaster.

They make it sound like both coasters are going to the same park. If only the article was really right about Rolling Thunder and it was still around for another season (I'd rather have it stay for a lot longer than that but 1 extra year would have been better than nothing).

Better think twice before jumping forward into an empty front row seat from another row. In the past I have seen people move from another row to a empty front row seat on the B&M coasters many times in many parks including GADV, I have done it a couple of times after making sure no one else from the front row line was boarding. Today something odd happened at Bizarro. I was in the second row and saw there were two empty seats in the front row and the air gates had already closed. So I moved to that empty seat, as the checks were being done there was sunddenly alot of hollering and profanity coming from the front row line. Some of the people in that line were mad at me and screamed that I had cut in line by moving forward to take an empty seatand that I should be kicked off the ride which the employees did! The first time I have ever been kicked off a ride. So the two front row seats went empty and I lost my turn and the complainers had to wait even longer since the train had to be rechecked a second time, no one won because of a few sore heads. I don't know why they were so angry since I was not hurting them or stealing their turn. The complainers were a trashy looking group of 3 that were 4 trains loads after the train I was going to ride. In the end they hurt themselves since their commotion delayed their own turn.

That's ridiculous they kicked you off the ride. I have seen people grab empty seats in the front row from another row and there was never a problem. People being removed from the line/ride should be for those who really cut the lines.

My guess is that the people in the front row line were making such a fuss the employees kicked me off to placate them. The ruckus was started by this woman who was a stereotypical looking trailer park wife who worked up the other groups in the front row line into a mob mentality, why she was so upset is beyond me. There were guys yelling "up yours" at me and everything, calling me a line cutter, just a mess. I am pretty pissed at Six Flags right now besides that woman.

Edited by The Master

wow, that is crazy. I would have made a trip to guest services after that, or id be writing a letter to the park. what total BS. with all the line cutting I have seen gone on in all the yrs I have went to the park and security does nothing, and then the ride ops give you the boot for that. unbelievable. what poor operations on part of those employees working the ride

wow, that is crazy. I would have made a trip to guest services after that, or id be writing a letter to the park. what total BS. with all the line cutting I have seen gone on in all the yrs I have went to the park and security does nothing, and then the ride ops give you the boot for that. unbelievable. what poor operations on part of those employees working the ride

There was a security guard there too who pretty much did did nothing. At any rate, some people including some employees consider moving to an empty front row seat a form of line cutting, which is fallacious thinking but beware of such persons. It's probably just an isolated incident but that is no excuse. Going to guest services usually does nothing and it often has a line. The irony is those complainers increased their own wait time with their ruckus which they deserved for being so unreasonable.

Edited by The Master

^ That is awful, one of the problems with Great Adventure is the type of people that go there. The employees made the whole situation worse by giving in to the bad guys. Bizarro is one of the parks highest capacity rides, but almost every time I'm there the employees find a way to slow things down. There is a lot of triple train stacking.

going to guest services is the way to go, any time I go there about ride operations, I walk away with 3-4 exit passes. its totally worth the trip

Seems that they got their 15 mins of fame. I agree that that should have been no big deal. I mean the ride operator must have saw you do that. if it was that big a deal they would have stopped you in the first place. I also agree 110% that GADV brings in the bottom of the barrel crowd.

I remember one year at fright fest a group of "young kids" id say at least 40 strong went running through the park pushing anyone and anything over that was in their way and as they went by the outside games they jumped up and ripped the prizes down that had been hanging up. One of the game attendants started calling for security over the games loud speaker and one of the kids actually stopped and started yelling at the employ "Shut the F*** up before I come up there and F*** you up P***Y"