Misc GA Mumblings

Saw a commercial for Great Adventure today and they showed Kingda ka and Zumanjaro operating at the same time. Thought that was interesting.

Saw it just now. Sadly I didn't make the cut this year lol. Also liked how they called Ka "the big daddy" :lol:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

If anyone can grab a copy and upload it to the site that would be appreciated. I haven't seen one yet.

I can get a cell phone video tomorrow since its was during american idol which my mom recorded, unless you know another way to get a better quality video from the tv?

It's 9:30, one hour until the gates open. I'm excited and I wont even be there today. I will be heading over on Sunday with my girls. My youngest should be tall enough for everything now. Excited and nervous about that. LOL

Well it was only a light drizzle throughout most of the day. I'm home now and cant say if it is still raining. Many effect on the Dark Knight were not working and the music during Skull Mountain was not on. El Toro's crew was VERY slow. Other than that, super smooth day at Great Adventure and I even saw both the skyways open up around 12 or 1, even though the park was dead! Good to see.

Fort Independence is closed for the season,and probably for good. Never was the same since the Dolphin died the other one shipped to Cali.

It has nothing to do with the show or animals there...but that's all I'm going to say about it.

I was just commenting that since they stopped the Dolphin show, Fort Independence has lost most of it's usefulness. I'd be sad to see it go as an original structure, but the real estate it sits on would be great for a station of a coaster that goes over the lake.

Edited by Railer

Looks like Sat, Sun, and Mon will be the best days to go. Rest of the work week will be stormy and cool. Watch the week after this coming one will be the mid 70s and dry when the park is closed.

Edited by The Master

El Toro's crew was awful today. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because it was Opening Day but it just didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. Other than that, most everything about today was great. Except Nitro's one train ops.

I wonder if Nitro went to 1 train because of weather or crowd reasons. It seems strange they would go from 3 all the way to 1. Usually when they run 3 trains and the park isn't crowded, they go to 2 trains (I heard they were running 3 trains earlier in the day).

^ I don't know where you heard they were running all 3 trains. I got to the park at opening and got to Nitro around 11 and they only had 1 train. And around 11:30 when I was exiting Skull Mountain, a train was stuck on Nitro's lift, after which I didn't even see Nitro cycle again the rest of my time at the park.

I did notice the ride was having hiccups in the morning because it didn't open with the rest of the park at 10:30. Probably related, because I rode Nitro around 11, with the aforementioned 1 train ops. Oh well, guess I just caught it at a bad time.

Edited by gencx

Well it started with 1 train when I got on it in the morning then in the late afternoon, it only had 2 trains going. El toro only had 1 train all day.

I also enjoyed the NO Stroller/No Bag line through security. About time

Edited by jdc12192
merged double post

^ I don't know where you heard they were running all 3 trains. I got to the park at opening and got to Nitro around 11 and they only had 1 train. And around 11:30 when I was exiting Skull Mountain, a train was stuck on Nitro's lift, after which I didn't even see Nitro cycle again the rest of my time at the park.

They have to stop a train on the lift like that when they bring out all 3 trains. (One gets stopped on the lift, they roll the second into the station, and then they can bring the 3rd over on the transfer track.)

11:33am was exactly when I posted about them bring out all 3 trains. However, when we rode again at closing they only had 2 trains.