Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

On Sept 3rd they are doing a really good 1 day sale on 2016 Season Passes. May be as cheap as the 2 week's before Christmas 1 day sale they have done before.

Any idea of the price?

Anybody have any clue why Brad Ross cancelled his 6:30 show earlier today? Me and my brothers were waiting to see him, and I have to be honest, I was pretty excited.

They let some guy know it was cancelled, like 5 minutes before 6:30, and the guy just yelled out to the 25 people there that it was cancelled.

Edited by YoungPup

Any idea of the price?

They didn't say. That morning the BIG newsletter will go out, it will be like "2016 DAY". The video with Anderson and they will try and "blow out" Season Passes that day with the New 2016 Attraction Video. The lowest they were on those 1 day "pre-Christmas" sales i think were $50.00

Anybody have any clue why Brad Ross cancelled his 6:30 show earlier today? Me and my brothers were waiting to see him, and I have to be honest, I was pretty excited.

They let some guy know it was cancelled, like 5 minutes before 6:30, and the guy just yelled out to the 25 people there that it was cancelled.

Could've been tech problems. There's a lot of tech in the show and that's also what caused the show to open a day late.

Who can guess what this is a picture of?

4tylZBz.jpg

That's the pathway that leads to the Movietown Arch. I believe the height station is on that path too.

• Like 1

A photo taken looking into one of the silver mirrored bubbles at the Coca Cola freestyle shop?

Yup! I just noticed today that they fixed the bubbles that were rusted.

Lw53S69.jpg

Mirror selfie?

QEHHyGU.jpg

Good call. I was looking at the picture and saw the Giant Wheel and was looking for the Freestyle building and was thrown when I couldn't find it. Now I know why.

A photo taken looking into one of the silver mirrored bubbles at the Coca Cola freestyle shop?

Wow, you're good.

Last Call!

Tomorrow (Sunday, Aug 30th) is the LAST day to see Brad Ross' Unbelievable magic show! Show times are 2:30pm, 4:30pm, and 6:30pm. Go and show the park that people want shows!

xskfGoj.jpg

Also,

This is the LAST week to experience Batman Backwards! It only lasts through Labor Day Weekend! (through Sept. 7th)

UvkhXVk.jpg

^That's strange. It was open when I went on Friday.

Speaking of HH, I don't know much about waterpark operations so I ask why do the lifeguards periodically have to evacuate the wavepool? It was annoying having to get out every so often, but I'm sure there's a good reason behind it

Somehow I see an extension of Batman Backwards.

The wavepool gets evacuated to avoid people getting tired from being in too long and possibly the stray Baby Ruth bar.

I plan on taking my nephew to GA on Thursday, hoping it won't be too crowded with schools going back this week. Will it be crowded though with it being announcement day. Thanks in advance.

I don't think the announcement will bring larger crowds. Some schools are still off this week. Jackson goes back I think on Wednesday but Philadelphia and NYC don't go back until after Labor Day. The past 2 years, the weekdays during the first week of September were empty but I think that is because all schools were back in session by then since it was past Labor Day.

• Like 1

My school doesn't go back until after Labor Day. Although I do know a lot of schools go back on Wednesday or thursday this week so I don't wouldn't think it would be that busy. The heat may also scare some people away as well.

^True. I plan to maybe sneak one more visit to Gadv tomorrow before school starts again on Wednesday

I don't think the announcement will bring larger crowds. Some schools are still off this week. Jackson goes back I think on Wednesday but Philadelphia and NYC don't go back until after Labor Day. The past 2 years, the weekdays during the first week of September were empty but I think that is because all schools were back in session by then since it was past Labor Day.

My kids go to Upper Moreland High School (North of Philly) and they started Monday (yesterday).

I bought my 2016 season pass today making me officially 37yrswithaGApass!

Now 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 consecutive years with a Great Adventure Season Pass
and 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 consecutive years with a Hurricane Harbor Pass!

• Like 1

^ I'm officially 1yrwithaGApass! I have a season pass for the first time since next year I'll finally be of age to drive to the park!

Edited by RC98

Hoping to buy a pass for next year. Still have yet to convince my mom it is worth it. But if I do get one for 2016 I believe it would be my 5th year with a season pass. I may have to end up buying one myself but I really wouldn't mind doing that.