Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

How does season pass processing work? It's my first time, should be going Sunday at park opening to do it as long as the hurricane doesn't hit.

It's alot easier if you purchase them online. They just scaned the voucher and entered it into my existing card. For you they will probably need to take a picture and print a card out.

Edited by The Master

^ Where in the park do you go to have them take the picture and print the card? I bought my pass online during the flash sale last month.

The pictures are for young people. I think maybe under 10. Processing is between Superman and Green Lantern.

• Like 1

Pass processing is very easy, you don't really have to do anything. When you scan your barcode at the front gate, the attendant there will give you a plastic season pass card. That's literally it.

I forgot they did that this year. I had to go to the pass processing anyway to get my new dining pass put on my season pass. I didn't have them update my old card since I keep them from year to year. The problem is they look the same as last year. I will have to write the year on it I guess.

Park will be closed tonight.

See you tomorrow for Rain Fest, the celebration of the rainstorm.

Doubt they will open tomorrow as it will be the same, if not worse than tonight was.

Sunday should be a little nicer, but the weather won't return back to normal until Monday of course.

The weather ended up being good today at the park. A little breezy earlier in the day but not too bad and it was calm enough later for the Skyway to open and all coasters were running. It still kept people away, it was an amazing day for anyone who was there but it had to be very disappointing for the park to have such low crowds today especially after not being open on Friday and extremely low attendance yesterday (based on pictures I saw on TPR). I guess they'll make up for it next weekend if the weather is nice.

It should be nice. More crowds, more lines = more money, but less fun

Six Flags offers an Attraction Access Pass for guests who are unable to wait in ride lines due to a disability, mobility impairments, or certain qualifying impairments. Beginning November 7, 2015 any guest requesting use of one of these special passes will need to provide a doctor’s note at Guest Services at the time they pick up the pass. This new program replaces our old Equal Access Pass program.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS they finally listened and did something about this issue! No more people faking disabilities to snag an Equal Access Pass! (Or at least a significant amount less).

(BTW Viper I know you didn't say this but I quoted you to get the quote box :P )

Edited by KK456

If I go to Gadv in the next week or I am going to ask if a Military Veteran Service connected Disability card would work. I was there a few weeks ago and I still never bothered to go and ask.

Well, i never got any reply from any of my people at Six Flags for who the chain's "buyer" is for item's to sell in shop's. But Coaster Dynamix has taken it upon themselves and have made "King Kobra" a tribute to the Tallest Coaster in the World. Here is the link to buy them. If it sell's good, i feel next up may be "Pyro", a tribute to "Nitro". Then they can maybe make one called "The Bull". See if a diff lauguage is enough to avoid a "cease & desisit" order.

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/nano-coasters/products/stainless-steel-king-kobra-coaster

Edited by Railer

If I go to Gadv in the next week or I am going to ask if a Military Veteran Service connected Disability card would work. I was there a few weeks ago and I still never bothered to go and ask.

I have heard that some card proving need of the pass would be fine. Basically if it's in writing or some valid proof it should be accepted.

I hope this stops the abuse of Exit Passes used by people without disabilities.

I've been told that it 100% absolutely has to be a doctor's note. No exceptions.

I've been told that it 100% absolutely has to be a doctor's note. No exceptions.

Or you can know employees very well, they sometimes give undisabled people Exit Passes without a note.

• Like 1

That facebook group said there was a hit and run in the parking lot last night. (Not a surprise, given what a gigantic mess the lot is.)

Anyone know more?

So when did GADV started closing the standby lines off 5 minutes early before closing? They kept the fastpass lines open until park closing.

They did that a few times last year on Friday nights during Fright Fest, closing the lines as much as 30 minutes early even with walk ons.

• Like 1