Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Yea I have pictures of whole sections of the park with nobody but employees. Got some flat rides in and some indoor coasters so it's all good

Yea I have pictures of whole sections of the park with nobody but employees. Got some flat rides in and some indoor coasters so it's all good

Will you do a trip report?

ahhhh good ol New Jersey crowd

More like the rough people from Philly and NYC, especially the latter.

I was at the park once on a windy day years ago and nothing was running, not e en indoor rides.

Edited by The Master

Crowds are deff from NJ and Philly. Im in NYC its really not as bad as there lol

Rough crowds can come from any state or city it is foolish to say they all come from one particular place.

due to the wind?

Wind and probably crowds. They couldn't open any major ride and they were probably loosing money with the little people in the park.

Rough crowds can come from any state or city it is foolish to say they all come from one particular place.

Thank you!

The asinine NY vs. NJ. vs. Philly crowd debate feels as old as the park itself. There are decent people everywhere, and impolite people everywhere.

it was more of a joke, everyone settle down. :Snuggle:

"There are decent people everywhere, and impolite people everywhere."

agreed

^Exactly, you know the best thing to do about these people? Just ignore it and make your stay at the park as enjoyable as you can. You'll never be able to change how others act.

Well the current security at the park is a joke so I can't really blame them.

Last year I saw two people last year climb the rocks into Kingda Ka's station while a security guard just stood there and watched them. Only after I and about five other people said something did he go over to the people who cut, and he still let them stay in line.

Two years ago, two women in KK's station were screaming at each other and about to get physical. Did security intervene? Nope, they just stood there. Two guys in line had to break up the fight instead.

I haven't seen any tv commercials, I did hear a radio commercial last week.

I've seen about two TV commercials about the park. They are about the same as the radio ones.

I haven't seen any tv commercials yet but I did hear a radio one a couple of weeks ago advertising opening day and spring break at the park.

You think Six Flags well Great Adventure needs to rethink there security training?

They are probably very restricted by NJ with how much their private security can do. Dorney has armed security guards who receive state trooper training, but PA is much more lax about that sort of stuff than NJ is. I remember once when I saw Dorney security chase a guy,knocked him down to the ground and held him there. In NJ the guards would be in more trouble than the perp if they did that.

As for as rough crowds, it is probably all the coasters and thrill rides that attract yahoos, and other troublemakers along with cheap admissions and SPs. Hershey and Wildwood have plenty of people from Philly and NYC and they don't get as rowdy. Luckily it is still the early season where guests at GADV behave better. They act up in the summer and act the worst during FF anymore. Guests at Dorney are still generally more well behaved than at GADV but they have been declining.