Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

In lighter news, happy 15th birthday, Nitro!

Wow does time fly, still remember the first time I rode Nitro back in 2001.

Anyone trying to go tomorrow? With the potential bad weather I'm debating giving it a shot since it should keep the majority of the crowds away.

It should keep crowds away, but like last Sunday, many rides will be closed with a possible early closure. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to keep the park closed for the entire day.

In lighter news, happy 15th birthday, Nitro!

Also happy 26th birthday to Viper at SFMM and happy belated 17th birthday to Bizarro (April 2).

It should keep crowds away, but like last Sunday, many rides will be closed with a possible early closure. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to keep the park closed for the entire day.

Also happy 26th birthday to Viper at SFMM and happy belated 17th birthday to Bizarro (April 2).

Makes sense, might try to just go Sunday then since it looks to be just cold on Sunday without any rain.

I'm going Sunday too for my first trip of the year, it's supposed to be about 50 and sunny with no wind. Looking forward to it!

Saturday's weather looks pretty bad, doubt the park will open.

According to Great Adventure's website it seems like ths parks still open with limited rides. I don't see this lasting at all the parks gotta be dead.

New England is getting hit as bad as the Mid Atlantic by the storm.

Already in the park and just watched kingda ka Valley during testing, it almost made it to the top and rolled back. That looks fun to be on lol

Basically nothing open on the El Toro / kingda ka side of the park still, I could have slept an hour later lol

Sounds like a great day to be there, I guess the cold kept most people away and it probably wouldn't be that crowded on a Sunday in April with no events that day even if the weather was a little better.

Great day at the park, not sure if I'll write up a trip report but I got on more rides today (12) in less time today then I did waiting 2 hours for the Justice League ride in over Texas last weekend. The weather was perfect for me today. I actually noticed that the photo booths do have the self scanners for the picture pass. I guess I just didn't notice them in my previous trips.

I can't recommend the picture pass enough. For 35 bucks you get one printed picture the first day you activate it and then you get all the rest of your on ride photos and photos with characters on your card which ends up on the website as well. You can edit the photos too, zoom to get strangers out of the picture and change the different borders. Then you just download them to wherever you want. If you have a family or group of friends you can all use the card as well. It's a fantastic deal and works in the other six flags parks as well.

I did the safari for the first time today and it was fantastic. No rhinos or elephants cause it was too cold. Camp adventura was closed today but does anyone know how you find that out first? I would like to do the giraffe feeding and maybe the zip line but I don't see any prices on the website. Do they just stop and let you off when it's open? I found that aspect to be unclear.

I think I already made my money back on the dining pass as well. It's still amazing to me how slow service is when the park was absolutely dead today. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when it's packed.

Edited by SatansHockey

I did the safari for the first time today and it was fantastic. No rhinos or elephants cause it was too cold. Camp adventura was closed today but does anyone know how you find that out first? I would like to do the giraffe feeding and maybe the zip line but I don't see any prices on the website. Do they just stop and let you off when it's open? I found that aspect to be unclear.

Glad you enjoyed! Do you remember the guide? Camp Adventura was closed and hasn't been open at all this season. It was slated to open last weekend but due to a few circumstances(weather etc) it remains closed and they're hoping for next weekend.

You could always ask your guide(in the few upcoming week or two incase it isn't open) as you get on the trucks, otherwise if it is open, the trucks always stop to let those who choose to get off, off and then they move up and load people on and the tour continues! Highly recommend giraffe feedings, I love doing them. its $5 for SP holders, $6 for non SP holders.

Glad you enjoyed! Do you remember the guide? Camp Adventura was closed and hasn't been open at all this season. It was slated to open last weekend but due to a few circumstances(weather etc) it remains closed and they're hoping for next weekend.

You could always ask your guide(in the few upcoming week or two incase it isn't open) as you get on the trucks, otherwise if it is open, the trucks always stop to let those who choose to get off, off and then they move up and load people on and the tour continues! Highly recommend giraffe feedings, I love doing them. its $5 for SP holders, $6 for non SP holders.

I never did the safari back when you could drive through it and as much as I love roller coasters I thought this was a nice break after eating lunch. In comparing it to animal kingdoms safari ride I actually liked this one more, I felt like we were way closer to the animals then at animal kingdom. The giraffes in both parks are the ones that come up the closest in my visits. One giraffe today stuck his head in the truck to say hello lol

I believe her name was Jan? She was an older lady, she was excellent. She said there was a survey to fill out if we liked her and I gotta do that.

Thanks for the info about the prices and camp adventura, that's a great deal and on par with most zoos I've been to when they have feedings.

This was the guy who wanted to say hello...

ebPq1jP.jpg

Edited by SatansHockey

I prefer the old drive through safari, you had more control and comfort. Those surplus 5 ton troop trucks ride really harsh. I read on a military website troops weren't expected to sit in the back of the trucks because the stiff suspension would bang them around in seats, they had to stand and hold onto the sides to minimize banging around.