Misc GA Mumblings

That is a little surprising to me about sky scream considering every time I am there you hear the ride op yelling over the speakers for riders to put their phones away or the ride will be stopped

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

Is there any reason why the six flags app can't give you wait times when youre not in the park? I'd love to take a look at the park and see the times were low and just head to the park instead of trying to ask is anyone there today and how are the crowds anytime I wanna go on a whime.

Is there any reason why the six flags app can't give you wait times when youre not in the park? I'd love to take a look at the park and see the times were low and just head to the park instead of trying to ask is anyone there today and how are the crowds anytime I wanna go on a whime.

I think wait times are for SP holders inside the park so when you enter and your pass is scanned, it might activate the times which is why they aren't shown elsewhere.

That's really interesting. I'd figured they'd used location services but it could be that. Check in the parking lot next time, before you enter, and we may have an answer.

As far as the rationale, no idea. My best guess would be that they're worried about deterring people from visiting on days with longer waits.

Edited by pashacar
  • Like 1

That's really interesting. I'd figured they'd used location services but it could be that. Check in the parking lot next time, before you enter, and we may have an answer.

As far as the rationale, no idea. My best guess would be that they're worried about deterring people from visiting on days with longer waits.

I think the app uses location services. My son was able to see the wait times in the parking lot on Sunday.

Six Flags announced in the Season Pass email that they're bringing out all season Flash passes :D wonder how much they'll be, and if you'll be able to add it onto your Membership payment plan.

Wow that's kind of interesting but at the same time, many season pass holders know the times of the year when the park isn't crowded and try to go then. Even if the park is crowded and there are long lines, I know I've either already ridden the ride before and can go on it next time at the park so I wouldn't really need that. Also, it'll probably be VERY expensive I'm guessing.

Is the park overall crowded today? I'm heading down there in a few

It's decently crowded. Parking lot didn't look crowded, but the lines are pretty big. Maybe the employees are just doing a bad job, or it's like this parachutes situation.

How would that ruin it? If you bring a friend and you have a dining pass, do they get food too?

That's true but buying food isn't as expensive as a gold flash pass, and if you are paying a lot of money to get a season flash pass and then if you happen to pay for the other person's in your group that can be inconvenient. But at the same time it really depends on how often you would bring people who didn't have a season flash pass. In the email, when I click "learn more" it doesn't load the page. Anyone know how much it costs? I probably won't get that, but I'm very curious to see how much it is.

Actually it seemed to clear out a bit. Waited about 30 mins for El Toro and then everything else was a station wait. Took my mom to the park, she hadn't been there since at least the mid 90s. Did El Toro, the runaway mine train, then the sky ride over to skull mountain back row lol then did dark Knight, front row of nitro and got on Houdini. Nitro was her favorite. It was a fun quick trip to the park.

Edited by SatansHockey

They're only running 2 parachutes, and the line is really long. Why does Six Flags do this? They'll have like 8 open when nobody is here, but when it's crowded, they have 2.

When I rode the parachutes a little after 4, they were running 3 parachutes. Also there were a lot of people jumping from the exit and back into the queue on the parachutes.

The season flash pass looks to be 399.99. If you go through the checkout process for a season pass it's listed as an add-on.

Six Flag's business strategy, lure people in with cheap admission prices and make the parks crowded. Then up charge people to death with up charge services in order to have a decent time with all the crowds.

Any idea if this season flash pass includes HH? For that much money, HH should be included.

Edited by The Master

Six Flag's business strategy, lure people in with cheap admission prices and make the parks crowded. Then up charge people to death with up charge services in order to have a decent time with all the crowds.

If I had money to burn I would probably get it but I plan on skipping almost all of July and August. There are enough times when the park is empty to take advantage of getting a season pass.

Any idea if this season flash pass includes HH? For that much money, HH should be included.

But that could apply to pretty much all major chain parks in the country (except Disney and Universal for the cheap admission). I'm not sure if season Fast Pass includes Hurricane Harbor, but I hope it does to make it worth the $400.

I'm planning to go to Gadv this Sunday, a weekend before "bring-a-friend". Do you think it will be crowded? Hopefully people will wait till next weekend to go. But I also plan on going on the 8th so my kids can bring a friend.