Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Green Lantern is the only coaster with one and it has been closed. It's not until just before final switchbacks behind the station so if the line is really long it doesn't save much time.

Zumanjaro has one too that can be good and bad. If less than 10 people are in line it should only be a few cycle wait. Sometimes it can be as long as the regular line if a lot of people are using it.

Thank you, I think I'm just waiting till 330 to grab some food with the dining pass and leaving. Was able to get on bizzaro in about 20 mins but the app says 15 mins for nitro when its really like 60 mins. Learned my lesson lol

Was the line at the 60 minute sign for Nitro or past that? The signs in the lines for some rides are not accurate most of the time (they are accurate if 1 train is running). From the 60 minute sign at Nitro it is around a 20 minute wait with 3 trains running.

The line was almost out the front entrance, same with El Toro. I got on bizzaro last row which I really enjoyed in like 20 mins and skull mountain took about 20 mins too, the line was to the eyes inside. Batman had a line to the outside before the fan. Just not worth staying any longer. I got some soft serve ice cream and left lol I'm only like 30 to 35 mins from the park depending on how fast I drive so really not that big of a deal. The app was just so wrong on times it wasn't even close. Saying 15 mins for nitro when the line was easily 60 or more.

I knew Saturdays were bad from everyone's opinions I've read on here but I was bored so I figured why not. I learned my lesson though and I'll never come back here on a Saturday lol

Edited by SatansHockey

Yeah I try to avoid Saturday's as well except during Holiday in the Park where if you get there at opening lines are ok for the first 3 or 4 hours of the day.

Yeah I try to avoid Saturday's as well except during Holiday in the Park where if you get there at opening lines are ok for the first 3 or 4 hours of the day.

Absolutely what I'll be doing from now on as well lol I'm debating going back tomorrow since the weather is suppose to be bad and I'm annoyed I didn't get on El Toro or nitro lol I'm terribly addicted lol

Absolutely what I'll be doing from now on as well lol I'm debating going back tomorrow since the weather is suppose to be bad and I'm annoyed I didn't get on El Toro or nitro lol I'm terribly addicted lol

I haven't been on El Toro since I was 13 (I'm 18 now, and I haven't been on because when I went on, I blacked out, then went on Superman, and then felt really sick), so when I was there on Thursday, there was no line and I decided to go on. I sit in the car and buckle up and pull my bar down and I'm really nervous, and then the ride broke down and they had us get out of the car and wait back at the station. We waited for awhile, but it didn't open back up (the bars were stuck on the car behind us, that seemed to be the problem). I should be there tomorrow, so I'll try to get on then.

^ El Toro is easily my favorite ride in the park, hope you enjoy it! Some of the best airtime I've ever experienced.

Edited by RC98

Park is closed today cause of the weather

They really should send out an email when they close the park or even better have an option to have the app send you a notification for when the park is not opening or closing early. Hopefully most of you who planned to go today saw that it's closed.

Edited by Yoshi
Merged double post

They probably post it on their website and their Facebook page instead so everyone can check it there if they don't have the app or subscribe to email. I agree that an email to everyone subscribed would be good too.

Mass emails take hours to send out, and there's no fixing/updating information in it once it's sent. It's really not a viable option for this type of alert. I'm sure most people don't want that in their inbox anyway, and would be more likely to unsubscribe.

^What does the design look like? What rides are in the shirt?

It's like an old logo with current rides as silhouette in the center- bizarro,Sky screamer, ka, toro,parachutes etc. I'm

Mobile so it's hard to post a picture but it's on the connoisseur page on Facebook if you're part of that.

Edit

Thank you Harry!

On Saturday, May​ 14, our Pass Holders are invited to a special after-hours ride event. Flash your 2016 Season Pass or Membership to stick around after the park closes at 9 p.​m. and enjoy exclusive ride time on Nitro and Skull Mountain

^ I won't be going, but it probably shouldn't be too crowded. The thunderstorms they're calling for later will probably keep people away.

Park is a madhouse today. Haven't visited on a day this crowded in years.

(sorry for the double post)

Edited by gencx

It looks like it was also Dancefest today listed on the events page and a Catholic Youth Rally http://diometuchen.org/offices-and-ministries/formation-and-leadership/youth-and-young-adult-ministry/nj-catholic-youth-rally/

I guess add those 2 events and Bring a Friend Free and it is causing probably the busiest day of the year so far.

I had no idea today was BAFF. I never would have gone if I did. Oh well live and learn.

Was also pretty cold at the park Sunday, especially the wind.