• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Batman Stunt Arena

Comments and discussions welcomed.

19920144.jpg
1992an0025.jpg
Batman-Stunt-Stadium-1992.jpg
20040148.jpg

Included in this Spotlight is a complete video of the original Batman Stunt Show Spectacular from 1992. The video is uncut and unedited and runs 23 minutes!
Click the image below to go directly to the video.

1992%20Batman%20Stunt%20Placard.JPG

YAY!!! :clap::clap::clap: Thanks Tom and Harry. Edited by MarioSonic94

Awesome stuff as usual guys. I find it a little depressing that there is nothing taking place in the arena this season, especiall with a new Batman movie premiering this summer. There is just so much potential for the arena and the stage it offers, especially with so many people flocking to the site of The Dark Knight this season. I am hoping for something in there at least for Fright Fest this fall because I love getting inside there.

Harry, you said you have video clips of the other show in the arena. When you will upload them.? No offense though, still a great spotlight

Luis L.

Harry, you said you have video clips of the other show in the arena. When you will upload them.? No offense though, still a great spotlight

The other video clips are just short segments from various shows. Those will eventually be added to the GAH Spotlight Extras Gallery.

Have you guys heard any mumblings from anywhere as to what the future might hold for the stunt arena. I know we have a section dedicated to that, but figured it seemed appropriate with this spotlight just coming out?

It's a shame the park is not using the Batman Arena for anything this season.

If only they could make one for Temple of the Tiger or the the Dolphin Show, Quest For Camelot, or Even industrial movement!

NEW ALERT!!!!!! The Spider of Dom has been seen in Stunt Arena!

Edited by warnerleroy

Since the original Gotham City sets was reused for the 2nd and 3rd shows, I need to know, for the Imperial Warriors of the Qin Dynasty, were the sets also reused for it, or were they demolished and new sets were built?

The sets used for all the Batman Stunt shows have been the same since day one with minor modifications. The scenery used for the Imperial Warriors of the Qin Dynasty was simply canvas and plywood applied over the Batman scenery.

gallery_2_43_588442.jpg

gallery_2_43_548756.jpg

I think were way over due for a new batman show, with the new dark night movie and the next sequil in production i would love to see a great show put together.

I ran across this set of holograms given out when the Batman Stunt Spectacular first opened in 1992 at Great Adventure. I think these are probably the only souvenirs issued for this attraction.

gallery_2_478_57547.jpg

gallery_2_478_680170.jpg

gallery_2_478_852516.jpg

gallery_2_478_346529.jpg

gallery_2_478_241427.jpg

Where did you find those? I remember getting them way back then, I wish I still had all the crap from ga when I was a kid!!!

I found some footage of the Batman Forever Stunt Show (circa 1996). It's amazing being that there seems to little based on Batman Forever in this show aside from the villians and Batmobile. They still have the Danny Elfman music playing in this show.

From the New York Post's review of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark-

The flying sequences can be thrilling, as when Spider-Man first takes off over the orchestra; other times, they look barely good enough for Six Flags, the harnesses making the movements clunky.

Couple questions.

1. The 'stunt double' who did one of the Joker's minions and Commissioner Gordon in the original show, was the person a randomly chosen park guest or an actor dressed up as a guest?

2. Did the Robin Hood stunt show ever appear at other parks or was it a Great Adventure exclusive?

Edited by MarioSonic94

He was a plant in the audience. They did the same thing in the dive show for years.

I think the Robin Hood show was unique to GA.

Man I loved the Batman shows! They need to bring it back! Maybe do a show related to the new Batman movie coming out in 2012? :)

I doubt we'll see a Batman show come back. Between license fees and cost of the shows to produce it just doesn't make a lot of fiscal sense. I think the stadium could be used for other things but I doubt it will ever be a stunt show again.

Maybe new Warner Bros themed Stunt Show will be great.

This show will have 30 minutes long and with top 10 movie hits with Looney Tunes skits for stunt show:

1.The Dark Knight & Tim Burton's Batman films, 2.Lethal Weapon, 3.Green Lantern, 4.Robin Hood, 5.The Right Stuff, 6.Superman Returns, 7.Looney Tunes / Merrie Melodies, 8.Twister, 9.Speed Racer,

10.The Goonies, 11.Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, 12.Daffy Duck In: Duck Dodgers In The Different Dimesion