Seasonal Theme Parks Going to Year Round Operations

It's been interesting to see more of the "Seasonal" parks starting to operate year round now.

In the past year or two it was Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, along with SeaWorld San Antonio which had announced year round operations with weekend only operations in January/February/March.

This year Six Flags Over Texas is staying open year round with weekend only operations and debuting the "Fire & Ice Festival" to kick off their 60th anniversary season: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/six-flags-over-texas-introduces-fire-ice-winter-festival-celebrating-parks-60th-anniversary/2521066/ 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is also going year round with weekend events for their traditional off-season

So will Great Adventure do the same next year? As it is there will only be about 2 months the park is closed this year.   

If Great Adventure was open all year I would go even in below freezing temperatures as long as there was no snow or ice. I’d be happy riding Skull Mountain, The Dark Knight and Justice League multiple times each visit but if an outdoor coaster or two were open, that would be even better.

I would not visit any park below freezing. NJ winters are just a little too harsh for year round outdoor operations. Even VA is a tad warmer climate than NJ is. Also snow and ice removal operations would rapidly increase walkway deterioration. 

17 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Tokyo has similar weather to New Jersey and Tokyo Disneyland is open all year... 

But more of their rides are indoors than GADV. Also most of Ocean County, NJ is a zone 7A climate with a yearly minimum temperature of 5 to 0 degrees F.  Looking around online, Tokyo, Japan is around a zone 9A climate with a minimun yearly temperature of 25 to 20 degrees F. Still cold in the winter but not as cold as NJ. Cold hardiness zones only measure the intensity of yearly cold, not the duration of a region's cold season which would be another factor in year round operations. In general, warmer minimum temperature zones tend to also have shorter duration cold seasons but it can vary from region to region with the same zone number.

Edited by The Master
On 1/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, Coaster Justin said:

I can see Weekend Operations

I imagine most of the stuff open would be drive thru Safari, But with Lights cause most animals would probably be indoors.

I agree, if they did anything, it would be a drive through experience unless they built a hotel with an Indoor water park

Yes. They have some amusement rides and the 2 coasters now but the water slides and other water park attractions are all over the park in some cases right next to the rides. When I used to visit as a kid it was all water park and playground type activities like nets, dry slides, an obstacle course, suspension bridge and no rides at all.

6 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Yes. They have some amusement rides and the 2 coasters now but the water slides and other water park attractions are all over the park in some cases right next to the rides. When I used to visit as a kid it was all water park and playground type activities like nets, dry slides, an obstacle course, suspension bridge and no rides at all.

I was only there once as a kid and I remember it being mostly playground type attractions with some water attractions.