• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Great Adventure Media Library - Advertising

We are very proud to announce the first of our "Media Library" series of Spotlights - ADVERTISING !

Visit the link below to view over thirty vintage Great Adventure television commercials since the 1970's. In addition, we have a large selection of print ads and radio advertisements available for your viewing pleasure.

If you have any additional commercials, we would love to hear from you.

We hope you enjoy the Advertising Media Gallery!

Click the image below:
GAHMLAd.jpg

Please make use of the comments and "Star Ratings" that accompany each video to share thoughts on your favorites.

Happy 1 Year Anniversary :Wave:

Great spotlight. Out of all the retro commercials, the only one remember was the Medusa commercial. Can't wait to see what you guys are rolling out for those "every ten days".

Luis L.

Once again, an incredible representation of the park's past. I was surprised, however, to not see the 1975 color print advertisement that appeared in McCall's magazine. If you do not have it, let me know and I will be happy to send you a copy of it.

^ Oh yeah!!! Forgot about that one, but we will add it. Daved, do you happen to know what issue (date) that article was published in McCalls?

EDIT: This great ad can now be viewed HERE.

The number of Great Adventure commercials now on TV has really died down compared to summer. In July and August commercials were on almost every hour on one channel or another. It has been quite some time since I have seen one. Mark Shapiro was kidding when he stated that they were investing heavily in peak season advertising.

Great Adventure TV Commercials Count: 46!

We want to assemble the most complete collection
of television commercials for everyone to enjoy.

If you have any ads that you can share with us please let us know.

Only have it on a video tape? We can convert it!

You can click HERE to send us an email!

Here is one of our "newest" ads - click below:

gallery_2_43_43395.jpg

We learned something interesting while at dinner on Tuesday night.

Warner Brothers and Green Lantern have a special promotional contract with Pepsi. As you know Six Flags is a "Coke" company so anytime the park advertisements references Coca Cola, they have to refer to Green Lantern as the "new stand-up coaster" and not by the name Green Lantern.

The earliest commercial for the season referenced the ride as Green Lantern, but the latest one which advertises opening weekend and Coca Cola discounts calls the ride by a generic "stand-up coaster"!

This will continue for the rest of the season.

That is pretty interesting. I remember a while back that Green Lantern document that first said SF would infact be making a GL themed coaster, it also mentioned that they were partnering with Mountain Dew to promote GL. Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi Co.

Will they show the logo for Green Lantern like they did in the first commercial?

We are once again on the hunt for Great Adventure television commercials. If anyone has a chance to record any of this year's ads off tv we would love to add them to our gallery collection.

To help us bring spring along a little quicker, enjoy this commercial from March 2002. I am sure you will spot many coasters that are no longer at Great Adventure (and some that were never there). Click below to see the commercial:

2002SpringBreak.png

To help us bring spring along a little quicker, enjoy this commercial from March 2002. I am sure you will spot many coasters that are no longer at Great Adventure (and some that were never there). Click below to see the commercial:

2002SpringBreak.png

that one gives me a headache! LOL

Regarding the WPIX commercial, I totally forgot that they use to offer discount prices after 4 pm - a blast from the past!

Edited by dougdrummer

Sign in to follow this