Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

This sub freezing snap is terrible, and no return to normal temps in the forseeable future either. I have to be careful my heating oil doesn't gel up in this extreme cold. 

Edited by The Master

Just on 6ABC, they said we have been stuck below freezing for 103 hours. Ugh. 

Space Mountain has a 5 1/2 hour wait right now :o

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

edit, and now Test Track is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Someone getting in line around 6:00 won't exit the ride until the 2018! (if the car design area and line afterwards isn't counted in the wait time)

h5pPaF1h.jpgThis winter storm is outrageous.  I have almost have 2 and a half feet.  Stay Warm guys!

On 12/31/2017 at 2:11 PM, Yoshi said:

Space Mountain has a 5 1/2 hour wait right now :o

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

edit, and now Test Track is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Someone getting in line around 6:00 won't exit the ride until the 2018! (if the car design area and line afterwards isn't counted in the wait time)

No ride is worth a 5 hour plus wait. 

I agree, even if there was a coaster that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and I knew I wouldn't be back to that park, it wouldn't be worth that kind of wait to me.

13 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I agree, even if there was a coaster that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and I knew I wouldn't be back to that park, it wouldn't be worth that kind of wait to me.

That's why I skipped Test Track my first time around when it was real new.  I didn't get back there for several years, when I got to ride it twice.

Went from record lows i  the single digits last week to record highs today in the 60s. With this kind of roller coaster you don't need the parks to be open. 

• Like 1

My daughter is at Busch Gardens Tampa today.  She hit all 8 coasters in 3 1/2 hours.  She is at 176 and i'm at 181 coasters.  She is going to SeaWorld on Monday to ride 5 more and then she will be tied with me on the Coaster Count!!!  

Crowds were similar when I was there on a Saturday in January a few years ago. I didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything.

I think I can relax now, or at least until next Sunday. That was such a nerve-wracking Eagles game. 

I bought a new (to me) car today. Its a 2008 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor, a retired Federal admin car which is low wear. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Master said:

I bought a new (to me) car today. Its a 2008 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor, a retired Federal admin car which is low wear. 

Does it still have the cop car spotlight on it:lol:?

On 1/13/2018 at 3:38 PM, robertleax said:

My daughter is at Busch Gardens Tampa today.  She hit all 8 coasters in 3 1/2 hours.  She is at 176 and i'm at 181 coasters.  She is going to SeaWorld on Monday to ride 5 more and then she will be tied with me on the Coaster Count!!!  

Well she only got 4 in at Seaworld... Journey to Atlantis was down.  She is at 180 now... one behind me.

5 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

Does it still have the cop car spotlight on it:lol:?

It has two spotlights, can't remove them without leaving holes.

2 hours ago, robertleax said:

Well she only got 4 in at Seaworld... Journey to Atlantis was down.  She is at 180 now... one behind me.

We went this week last Jan. and Journey to Atlantis was down. It's their yearly maintenance for it. :(

Yeah, the Orlando parks all close the water rides for rehab this time of year. With the weather being hit or miss (cold one week, warm the next) it's usually a slower time for the water rides anyway. All the waterparks are closed for cold weather (again) this week. 

My P71 looks just like this one except it has spots on both sides.  

1386952083000-Ford-Crown-Victoria-2008-W

P71 is Ford's RPO code for their police package which includes lots of goodies. The motor has a larger air filter box, larger air intake tube, and a larger throttle body for more power than standard Crown Vics. It also has true dual exhaust with an H pipe for more power. The computer that runs the powertrain is programmed with more aggressive engine tuning and transmission shifting. It has a better rear gear ratio than standard Crown Vics for more acceleration. It has factory coolers for the motor oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It also has heavy duty suspension and brakes . Feds do not beat up their cars like normal cops do, and being a admin car it likely saw even less serve duty. Also has carpeting instead of the usually vinyl floor and a odd second ticket writing dome light over the rear seat, likely for some admin purpose.   

Edited by The Master

^The traffic ahead will clear for you with that car!

Just got back from a week at WDW.  We stayed two of our nights at the Disney Polynesian Bora Bora Bungalows.  Pretty unique accommodations especially at night.  

9 hours ago, The Master said:

My P71 looks just like this one except it has spots on both sides.  

1386952083000-Ford-Crown-Victoria-2008-W

P71 is Ford's RPO code for their police package which includes lots of goodies. The motor has a larger air filter box, larger air intake tube, and a larger throttle body for more power than standard Crown Vics. It also has true dual exhaust with an H pipe for more power. The computer that runs the powertrain is programmed with more aggressive engine tuning and transmission shifting. It has a better rear gear ratio than standard Crown Vics for more acceleration. It has factory coolers for the motor oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It also has heavy duty suspension and brakes . Feds do not beat up their cars like normal cops do, and being a admin car it likely saw even less serve duty. Also has carpeting instead of the usually vinyl floor and a odd second ticket writing dome light over the rear seat, likely for some admin purpose.   

Now all you need is a radar gun so you can check Kingda Ka's speed!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, The Master said:

sounds like a contradiction in terms.....LOL

My friend used to work for the NJ Dept of Corrections in the transport division.  When he drove one of the interceptors, he used to get it up to 140 mph driving the Turnpike up to Rahway prison.....

On 1/23/2018 at 8:18 AM, dougdrummer said:

sounds like a contradiction in terms.....LOL

My friend used to work for the NJ Dept of Corrections in the transport division.  When he drove one of the interceptors, he used to get it up to 140 mph driving the Turnpike up to Rahway prison.....

Found out what its past life was. The car used to be a National Park Service Chief's car. It has a NPS sticker in the driver's side door above the decal that has all the option codes. Probably came from either Independence Hall or Valley Forge park.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, The Master said:

Found out what its past life was. The car used to be a National Park Service Chief's car. It has a NPS sticker in the driver's side door above the decal that has all the option codes. Probably came from either Independence Hall or Valley Forge park.

So I doubt that car was driven at 140 mph, unless someone tried to steal the Liberty Bell and there was an ensuing high speed chase....LOL.