Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Just now, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ GUYS THE WORLD WILL NOT ENDING ON MONDAY, THIS IS A FAKE. GIVE UP GUYS. ITS A FAKE IT'S NOT HAPPENING AT ALL!

Oh, come on, you got my hopes up.  I was going to get the Mustang GT. black, convertible, then head over to Great Adventure and ride Nitro until the world ends or as the video says, until God takes me.

That is sad, going to miss that show. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:05 AM, ericthewanderer said:

I just saw on other sites that SFOG's train caught on fire and 2 employees were injured.Hopefully they-the employees AND the park-quickly recover. 

Here is a news report with video.

http://www.wjbf.com/news/georgia-news/2-workers-wounded-in-train-fire-at-six-flags-over-georgia/1177593457

Really bad t-storms tonight. 

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.  

4F4771FC-F10B-4127-936C-958AB0AF06E2.jpeg

C5FCF040-B4BF-45E0-9B2F-24A18CFC6763.jpeg

F9F89D4D-ADC5-467C-BF1B-7B79EF7DFCA2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I may be easily entertained but I watched Justice League again last night and I find that I enjoy that movie.

On 7/26/2015 at 12:22 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with growing peach trees in NJ. I read an article in the newspaper about how peach trees supposedly do quite well in this region and was thinking about giving it a shot with a few trees.

Last summer when I moved into my new house I finally planted a peach tree.  Noticed this today (see photo).  I am not an expert but this looks promising!

0B57E7D5-E8BE-4D2E-8726-B550F5243A03.jpeg

Given the amount of crime stories that routinely come through the newsfeeds referencing Six Flags Blvd outside of Six Flags Over Georgia, if I were Six Flags Corp I would change the name of that street so that it didn't constantly make negative headlines referencing the park.  It seems a lot of bad stuff happens not far from SFOG.

It's a shame they are having problems in that area. My family visited some friends 15 years ago  who moved from PA to near White Water, and the area seemed nice but maybe it's worse near the amusement park or the whole area got worse. I agree a name change would be a good idea.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:06 PM, scott said:

I may be easily entertained but I watched Justice League again last night and I find that I enjoy that movie.

Watched The Phantom Menance last week on TNT and I enjoyed it. It is easily my second favorite SW film. 

• Like 1

Scary stuff, I was at this shopping center about 30 minutes before the storm began and the tornado hit the area.

Thank you. I couldn't believe the pictures and hearing that some of the store signs attached to the shopping center were moved around 6 miles away and cars from the Nissan agency were found 1/4 of a mile down the road. I saw a lot lightning in the sky and the rain started on the drive home but just thought it was going to be a bad thunderstorm.

Sounds like it was a hell of a storm. 

Next week will the 4th of July, the Xmas of Summer! In fact, Ralphie's dad from A Christmas Story, his favorite holiday is the 4th of July in the short stories the film is based on. It is why he compares the leg lamp to the 4th in the film, as he really loves fireworks and the whole town would watch his display.  

High 90s to 100 degrees over the weekend and early next week. Be careful outside in this heat, especially at the parks!

Hi, everyone. It's been a while. I don't live near NJ anymore so I haven't been. I saw that that the new Cyborg Spin ride was placed in the Old Country area. Did it replace anything in there?

Hi Lauren!  

They removed the Autobahn bumper cars and its game stands (as well as a small food stand) to accommodate Cyborg Cyber Spin.  It only takes up a portion of that land.

Great hearing from you again!   😊

Ah okay, it's a shame they took that stuff out, but at least that area is getting some use now.

Glad to be back :)

Hersheypark is getting hit hard by the rainy week wd have been having. They even showed the park flooding on national news. 

6 hours ago, The Master said:

Hersheypark is getting hit hard by the rainy week wd have been having. They even showed the park flooding on national news. 

Knoebels got hit pretty hard too and is flooding just like Hershey.  Both parks look to be closed for the rest of the week.