Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

All the rain is annoying too.

Reese's Cupfusion doesn't look half bad on the initial look through.

On the lastest episode of Fear the Walking Dead, one of the main characters finds shelter in a house during a storm. After dispatching the zombies inside, she finds old pictures of when they were still alive on the wall. One picture shows they had once visited Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ. The show currently takes place in Texas. 

On the topic of theme parks in shows, I was just watching the newest season of Orange Is the New Black on Netflix. At one point, they claim to be at Hersheypark but they really filmed at Rye Playland Park in NY. It didn't quite make sense geographically for what was going on, so I'm not sure why they chose to make it Hersheypark. And the show is set in NY, so Rye Playland would have probably made more sense.

A few years ago when Castle was still on, there was one episode where they had SFMM stand in for Coney Island, LOL. 

It took me a couple of days but after being away on a work trip I am all caught up with my readings of all of your postings. Thank you for keeping me connected with the goings on.

I cancelled a trip to Dorney today because of the weather. Even planning to spend almost the entire time in the water park, I didn't feel like climbing all those stairs if it feels like over 100 degrees out. I looked at Hershey's wait times on their app, 2 hour wait for their new water slide. It must be miserable to be standing in that line with the high temperatures and humidity.

Looks like another Hurricane storm called Florence is aheading for East Coast, is the storm is coming to Jersey Shore or Carolinas...or it's probably aheading out of sea?

28 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Looks like another Hurricane storm called Florence is aheading for East Coast, is the storm is coming to Jersey Shore or Carolinas...or it's probably aheading out of sea?

Even if it made landfall it would most likely be going either very North in Canadian territory or near the Carolinas.  It’s a few days too early to tell.

Edit:  It looks like it’s now a tropical storm and may not even make landfall.  Most likely high rip currents in the Jersey area if anything.

Edited by Mr.Six

14 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Even if it made landfall it would most likely be going either very North in Canadian territory or near the Carolinas.  It’s a few days too early to tell.

Edit:  It looks like it’s now a tropical storm and may not even make landfall.  Most likely high rip currents in the Jersey area if anything.

Although its a tropical storm now it is expected to increase and be a hurricane again by the time it is near the states.

This is from Weather.com

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-09-06-hurricane-florence-atlantic-ocean-bermuda-us-east-coast

Scenario 1: If that high-pressure ridge is stronger and extends farther west, that would increase the chance of a hurricane landfall along the East Coast, particularly over some part of the Southeast or Mid-Atlantic coast mid- to late next week, with the remnant then driving inland.

• Prognosis: Increasingly possible

Scenario 2: If that high-pressure ridge is weaker and doesn't extend as far west, that would diminish but not eliminate the chance of a landfall. However, that could still bring Florence uncomfortably close to the East Coast, resembling a slow moving nor'easter. Several days of damaging surf, coastal flooding and beach erosion would occur in this scenario along at least a portion of the East Coast.

• Prognosis: Possible

Scenario 3: Florence may remain sufficiently far enough offshore to avoid even significant coastal flood impacts.

• Prognosis: Less possible

To reiterate, there is a large amount of uncertainty in this long-range forecast, with all three scenarios in play.

All interests along the U.S. East Coast from Florida to New England should monitor closely the forecast of Florence. If you live in a hurricane-prone location, now is a good time to make sure you have a preparedness plan in place.

SO IT'S GOING TO HIT JERSEY SHORE ON THURSDAY!!! NOOOO!!!! NOT LIKE SANDY PLEASE NO MORE!!!!

...Is the storm is still aheading for Carolinas or aheading for Jersey Shore?

No one knows exactly where the storm is going to go, models have it anywhere from South Carolina or all the way to NJ. It's likely to impact someone,  but we'll have to wait a little longer to find out who

3 minutes ago, SFGadv123 said:

No one knows exactly where the storm is going to go, models have it anywhere from South Carolina or all the way to NJ. It's likely to impact someone,  but we'll have to wait a little longer to find out who

Actually looks like the storm is aheading for Carolinas now.....

It looks like cooler temps are finally here and will be sticking around for more than a few days.  Bring on autumn!  🍁🍂🎃

11 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It looks like cooler temps are finally here and will be sticking around for more than a few days.  Bring on autumn!  🍁🍂🎃

Yes, please!  I'm ready to be done with air conditioning and humidity.  

On 10/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, Lemur said:

Yes, please!  I'm ready to be done with air conditioning and humidity.  

Time for freeze warnings and heating bills instead, I rather have the former. Sadly we gone from well above normal to below normal. One forecaster said we pretty much skipped from Aug to Nov weather, too much of a shock. Looks like it will stay below normal through the rest of Oct. 

Autumn can go back where it came from. At least moderate to normal around the mid 60s instead of the low 50s. 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Master said:

Time for freeze warnings and heating bills instead, I rather have the former. Sadly we gone from well above normal to below normal. One forecaster said we pretty much skipped from Aug to Nov weather, too much of a shock. Looks like it will stay below normal through the rest of Oct. 

Hopefully we'll crawl above normal for December (for purely selfish reasons being I hope the park doesn't cut HITP short again).

• Like 1