Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

On 11/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, The Master said:

So I was driving on 295 in South NJ today, and they were freshly treating the roads with salt, on a 50 degree day with sunshine, no storms in the near forecast, and overnight temps in the 40s, WTH? Guess NJDOT thinks cars aren't rusting out fast enough. Now I will have to take my car to the carwash tomorrow to get that nasty NJ salt off of it. At least PennDOT does seem to be as trigger happy with road salt like NJ is. Took 130 back and despite being slower, it was unsalted. Road salt is a necessary evil that must be used sparingly, not dumped all over like crazy on a whim as it quickly degrades everything.  

Road salt should only be used before it snows. NJDOT also recently repaved 295 from Route 42 in Bellmawr to Route 38 in Mt Laurel with smooth asphalt and the salt can wear out the pavement faster.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, The Master said:

So I was driving on 295 in South NJ today, and they were freshly treating the roads with salt, on a 50 degree day with sunshine, no storms in the near forecast, and overnight temps in the 40s, WTH? Guess NJDOT thinks cars aren't rusting out fast enough. Now I will have to take my car to the carwash tomorrow to get that nasty NJ salt off of it. At least PennDOT does seem to be as trigger happy with road salt like NJ is. Took 130 back and despite being slower, it was unsalted. Road salt is a necessary evil that must be used sparingly, not dumped all over like crazy on a whim as it quickly degrades everything.  

I also noticed that on 295 coming up from Glassboro for the Thanksgiving weekend (i live in Pennsylvania but go to College in South Jersey)

Cedar Point's Cyber Monday sale is really good. $75 for admission and Fast Lane Plus (not valid on Saturday's). If I was 100% sure I was going there next year I would definitely get it since not having Fast Lane when I was there in 2015 prevented me from riding most of the coasters more than once.

I got a survey from Cedar Fair today about Dorney Park season passes. You had to select the top 5 reasons you bought a 2019 season pass from a list. One of the choices was 2019 additions to Dorney Park.  😕

2 hours ago, Maddox121 said:

i love how the early posts have lots more vulgar language than nowadays, i think it has been changed due to kids discovering the site.

Ehh.  If I don't know the general age of the forum, I'll censor myself.  If I know it's largely adults present, I won't.  

That is a cool one!  They have so many great models out now.  I got hooked again with their fairway models - Scrambler, carousel, Ferris wheel, and roller coaster.  Rumor is this years new model will be a drop tower.  

Same to you as well.

Don't mind me, just sneaking through

• Like 1

That will be hard on my palm trees. Just another example why Northeast winters suck hard. 

If Great Adventure is my home park now, but I live closer to the future site of Nickolodeon Universe, will that become my home park when it opens up? I mean it seems obvious but I'm still not sure how big or how many rides NU will have.

I would go with whatever park you visit the most as your home park. I used to live 30 minutes from Sesame Place, 45 minutes from Dorney and 55 minutes from Great Adventure but never considered Sesame Place my home park because I haven't visited the park since 2000.

Check this out on Screamscape today:Future Expansion Site / 3rd Theme Park - (1/22/19) Remember we saw Universal file some potentially new trademarks that could be used for their future theme park? It appears as if Warner Bros. may be planning to object to the use of the “Fantastic Worlds”, as they are said to have filed for two extensions of “Time to Oppose for Good Cause”. Now Warner Bros. clearly does not own a trademark for “Fantastic Worlds”, so the thought process is that they must feel that their “Fantastic Beasts” trademark could possibly be confused for “Fantastic Worlds”, especially inside of a Universal Orlando theme park which is known for having the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attractions. Still… that be a bit of a stretch, but the long-standing rumor was that Universal’s next theme park would likely have a third ‘Wizarding World’ themed land, likely one themed to the “Fantastic Beasts” spin-off series of movies. Clearly WB is concerned about any possible name confusion, so this almost seems to confirm that we will see some kind of Fantastic Beasts attraction in the new park.
    My guess is that if the ruling goes in favor of Warner Bros, Universal will have a couple of back-up names waiting in the wings. Unfortunately, of all the names I’ve seen so far, I kind of dig “Fantastic Worlds” the most, so it would be a shame for WB to block this, and even worse, if Universal were forced to fight them for the rights to use it, it would likely cause some bad blood between the two studios who have been working well together for years.

https://twitter.com/ParkRumors/status/1087005990665576448/photo/1

I guess we might getting WB themed rides and shows like Fantastic Beasts, DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes.

First we're getting Super Nintendo World, then we're getting Dreamworks Animation themed land, and now we're getting DC Comics, Fantastic Beasts, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes themed lands?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I guess we might getting WB themed rides and shows like Fantastic Beasts, DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes.

First we're getting Super Nintendo World, then we're getting Dreamworks Animation themed land, and now we're getting DC Comics, Fantastic Beasts, Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes themed lands?

No, Six Flags has the exclusive long term theme park rights to DC Comics and Looney Tunes characters throughout the U.S. (except for the Las Vegas metropolitan area).

It’s mentioned several times in the annual report.

11 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

No, Six Flags has the exclusive long term theme park rights to DC Comics and Looney Tunes characters throughout the U.S. (except for the Las Vegas metropolitan area).

Then maybe Las Vegas could get Warner Bros. World indoor theme park similar to Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi in the future...

Mariano Rivera unanimously voted into the HOF. A news report I heard says more people have walked on the moon than have scored off of him in the post-season. Go Yanks! 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, Medusa42 said:

Exactly.

Universal still has use of the X-Men, Hulk, Spidey and Fantastic Four East of the Mississippi though.

I’m in Hershey for a competition and it’s so weird seeing the theme park empty, I wish it was open so I could ride Sky Rush until my legs fall off

• Haha 1