Miscellaneous Mumblings

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

My district took away President's Weekend and most of Spring Break one year when we had a lot of snow storms instead of extending the school year later into June.

That wouldn't be good either, going from December to Memorial Day with no school breaks, especially since my town used to give a full week in February until this year. Hopefully it won't reach the point where the school schedule needs to be modified.

My district took away President's Weekend and most of Spring Break one year when we had a lot of snow storms instead of extending the school year later into June.

Sounds like my school with Hurricane Sandy. Except we lost all of our spring break and had to go an extra few days at the end of the year

I would have rather seen it yesterday too, just to see what would have happened and if they actually played in that weather or postponed the game.

I hope not, the heavy snow bent my poor Joshua tree. All the recent snow wecked the Philly Zooballoon, the weight of the snow on the balloon was an estimated five to 10 tons.

Edit, 6ABC just said no major snow storms this weekend, just snow showers. This major storm is a weird internet rumor they said.

RIP Zooballon.

Edited by The Master

I'm trying for Flashpass, if not that, anything but food! I'm only 15 when i work so i can't do much.

Good choice, but yeah the age thing kind of sucks. If you weren't 15 id suggest entertainment but you have to be 16.

Edited by jdc12192

Back in the freezer and even more snow in the forecast. Just when it looked like the winter was going to ease up a little it comes back hitting unusually hard again. I don't think there will be much melting until the middle of next week if the forecast doesn't change for the worse, again. I have seen a lot of trees and bushes are bent over from all the snow.

Edited by The Master

My snow is frozen into hard solid blocks so it doesn't even have much play value. You can walk on it and your feet won't sink in like normal snow, and it's been like this for 3 weeks, just tired of it. That is besides the continuous sub freezing temps causing my heating oil to gel up twice, never had it happen before and quite a mess. Had to pour kerosene (which is expensive and hard to find) into the oil to break up the frozen gel, replace the fuel filter that was clogged with wax build up, and take the fuel line apart and blast air up it with my air compressor to clear the wax and paraffin build up so the oil can flow. The oil coming out is ice cold and probably harder to burn costing me more money.

This spring I am going to install tank heaters to prevent this probelm if we get another unusually long bout of freezing weather. Never had my oil gel up before in all the years living here. At 32 degrees oil phase separates into wax and paraffin that will clog up a heating system fast.

LOL I think you have plenty of snow SFGadv123 unless the snow has melted near you. There's still at least a foot where I live and more to come. The snow is pretty hard near me too, a couple of days ago I tried to throw a medium sized chunk of snow across my front lawn and when it landed it skidded across the surface of the snow without penetrating it! It probably would be great for sledding though since the snow won't cave under the weight of a 15 year old like me.

Edited by RC98

I think we got one day about freezing were the snow started to melt a little, then it dropped back below freezing and has stayed below since, welding the snow into a hard ice pack. Looks like I am in for another half foot. Hopefully it won't melt then refreeze into another hard ice pack.

This will be snow storm number 9 for this winter. Average snowfall for around here is 13.7 inches which isn't much, last winter we got 7 inches, this winter so far we have had 43 inches of snowfall. Very much like a midwestern winter instead of a mid-atlantic winter.

LOL I think you have plenty of snow SFGadv123 unless the snow has melted near you. There's still at least a foot where I live and more to come. The snow is pretty hard near me too, a couple of days ago I tried to throw a medium sized chunk of snow across my front lawn and when it landed it skidded across the surface of the snow without penetrating it! It probably would be great for sledding though since the snow won't cave under the weight of a 15 year old like me.

I probably have around 4 inches on the ground, give or take an inch. All I need is one huge storm and my winter is set, then we can go back to warm weather.