Miscellaneous Mumblings

I hate dealing with buying cars, I went to the auto show 2 weeks ago to try to narrow down the choices and when I make a decision I'm considering using the Costco auto program where you find a participating dealer and you get a price without having to haggle.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

I hate dealing with buying cars, I went to the auto show 2 weeks ago to try to narrow down the choices and when I make a decision I'm considering using the Costco auto program where you find a participating dealer and you get a price without having to haggle.

Quick piece of advice, having worked in the automotive industry my entire career... It is the only industry in which the dealer MUST show you the dealer invoice for the car if you ask to see it. The dealer invoice is the price the dealer paid the manufacturer for the car. Add no more than $500 dollars to that price for what you offer the dealer. If the dealer doesn't take it, simply find another dealer. There is more than enough profit for any reasonable dealer with that $500 in addition to something called "dealer holdback."

More bad weather on the way again, temps stuck in the 20s again and a foot of snow for Monday, followed by more 20s so it won't be melting anytime soon. March is shaping up to be the 4th month of unusually harsh winter weather. GADV probably picked the right year to open up later, hopefully will be out of this deep freeze by then. So many days stuck below freezing this year, usually they are few. This coming week temps will be 25 degrees below normal, and we were close to break record lows this morning, the northeast has some of the worst weather. .

Edited by The Master

As I have stated before, i like snow of course, and yes I am excited for the storm on Monday. But after Monday I think winter should be done. One more storm and then we can go to warm weather again.

Stay lighter later so you can shovel more snow. The temps are just not moving up. Looks like there will be a solid snowpack on the ground for yet another month.

Edited by The Master

There are forums for all sorts of car models or car familes these days. I found this one for Kia Optimas. http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/

I am a car guy but just not into or know much about imports.

Edited by The Master

At least the strom didn't dump as much snow as was being predicted, only 3 inches instead of a foot. Still have a couple of very cold days to tough out again.

Edited by The Master

kia is actually well built had a sorento a while back, great truck ,never a problem when i owned it, plus its got a good warranty

Good to hear, looking into getting an optima ex but only if i can sell my car i have now. Not going to trade in since they're going to rip me off.

I start training at the park this weekend, im so pumped, you guys better visit me at my game stand on opening day hahaha ;)

Do you know what game your gonna be working? Or at least what section?