Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

The snow finally melted enough to uncover my two needle palm saplings that have been completely covered by snow for over two months. Still alive and have zero leaf burn, very tough palm trees indeed. Just have to keep the deer away from them.

The dwarf palmetto suffered some freeze burn on the tips but still okay. Their growing points are deep underground and protected from the cold.

The two windmill palms suffered alot more burn that they did last year but still alive. They will just look raggy for awhile until they grow new fans.

True but my jury duty last month was at the federal level and this is at the state level. I called and asked that same question and I guess one doesn't have the records of the other so I have to provide all the backup and then they may "consider it". Sounds like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. :rolleyes_smeyes:

So I heard back from the jury duty people- because I just served federal jury duty in January I don't have to go to state jury duty next week. They graciously postponed it to February of 2015. Wasn't that nice of them! :PullHair: So not only do I get summoned for jury duty more often than anyone I know, I am also the only person I know who gets scheduled with an exact date to report a year in advance.

I guess I can stop driving and voting and my chances of being picked will be reduced. :scream:

My friend got accepted into the Disney College Program! Now that doesn't help my indecisiveness of if i want to go to disney or not! I am 21, and never have been. I want to, just more of a beach/tropical person. I can't decide if i would be ok with spending the money on Disney or rather spend it somewhere tropical! :confused1:

^ You should go to WDW in the summer (when it is tropically hot), if you can stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (for that island feel), and make sure you drop by Typhoon Lagoon (for the water side of things)!

^Good tips, only issue is they are going in the fall term(august sometime until like jan/feb) and finding people in my group of friends to go on a trip with is impossible! Everyone has things going on at all different times,its so hard to plan stuff!

I would consider that but I have never been to Disney,I know I'm a deprived person, so I would like as much time as possible there if I were to go.plus Disney cruises just seem overly priced compared to other lines. If I already have been to Disney I wouldn't care if it was only a 2 day trip or so but I want at least a day for each park along with probably a day for seaworld because I want to see all of the animals.

Edited by jdc12192

Looking like more snow this Monday. March will be over half way over and still getting snow, looking like 4 inches of it at least.

Edited by The Master

I didn't realize it was going to be that bad, and if it had been last year it would have been snow 5 days before opening day.

Edited by Yoshi

IF you live in North NJ/NYC it doesn't look like it will be much snow, but down south will probably get a lot.

The snow has been hitting the Philly area alot more than the NYC area this year, always on a Monday too. Many of the storms have been reverse of normal s well with the southern areas getting hit worse. Looks like 1-2 inches were I am and the expected snowfall extends pretty far north past Trenton and east hitting Jackson. This winter just isn't ending. If this was last year, the park would be a slushly mess (why I said it really was too early to open last year). With highs above freezing after this storm the snow at least should not stick around for too long, but still sick of it. I am concerned with another one day cold snap and snow storm like this hitting near or on opening day.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/gallery?section=weather&id=9466438&photo=4

Edited by The Master

Got more than they predicted, again. 3 inches of snow on the ground, it will take over a week for it to melt, I am sick of this.

I got around 2 or 3 inches. I am still waiting for one more big snow storm before the warm weather. Once that happens, it can get as warm as it wants.

Oh man work is going to love me. Just after telling my availability i find out about two trips. One at the end of may to NC which is booked and possibly one to Mexico early june….. :innocent:

Wow in northern NJ there was no snow at all. Seeing everyone else report snowfall I feel lucky. The foot plus of snow has finally all melted on my front lawn- I want it to stay that way!

I got around 2 or 3 inches. I am still waiting for one more big snow storm before the warm weather. Once that happens, it can get as warm as it wants.

You have been saying that with every strom LOL. We have had enough big snow storms, I just want it to end now.

You have been saying that with every strom LOL. We have had enough big snow storms, I just want it to end now.

haha, I have been saying that, cause it hasn't happened yet, lol, at least where I live. the last 2 storms missed me to the south> I still got snow but not much

Edited by SFGadv123

You're crazy! I cannot wait for heat and to feel it beating down on my skin and getting tan hahaha. This winter was terrible.