Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Just got back from Disneyland, it was a good trip. One of the many advantages DL has over WDW anymore is no daliy fastpass limits. I used up to 9 fast passes each day. Can't even think of only being able to use just 3 passes a day and with 1 pass out of the 3 for a top tier ride, ugg. DL has 3 rides made over for Christmas which is nice, Jingle Cruise, Small World Holiday, and Haunted Mansion Holiday. The Cars ride over in DCA blows away Test Track.

Edited by The Master

Only two more late night shows with Craig Ferguson. :(

Is it being cancelled? I don't watch it much but when I do, I can't stop laughing!

One last weekend of Christmas Shopping... Even though I'm basically done, it seems I purposely need one or two items to get... for the sole purpose of going out to try and find them... Just to make things interesting...

I usually will take the kids out one at a time to have them look around one last time.

My daughter (17) has her list, but my son (15) only wanted a weight bench and nothing else. Does not even give me hints for anything else and likes to be surprised but come'on son!!!! Give me a few hints or ideas!!!

Is it being cancelled? I don't watch it much but when I do, I can't stop laughing!

He has decided to call it quits with the show after ten years. It seems like he has something else on his radar.

Good luck with your life changer.

Let us know how it pans out, jdc12192. Best of luck!

Thank you guys! It could be a short or long waiting process,which is the worst part....never knowing when or if you'll hear back.

Edited by jdc12192

As a little kid I use to play this record (yes record) over and over around Christmas. I never could figure out if it was talking about December 23rd or early in the day on the 24th!

Looks like this Christmas will have mild temps in the 50s and be green which is nice, Santa won't have a problem here.

Looks like it will be going to be 63 tomorrow near me. I wouldn't have expected that.

Just think of it as a green Christmas. As least it is warm and wet instead of cold and snow, still plenty of time for that sadly.

Edited by The Master

I'd rather have it now (for Christmas) and not have it later.

The nice weather made it easy to travel to see my relatives on Christmas day which made me happy.

Looking at my snow free, cold hardy plams made me think of this.

Anyone else disappointed in the Disney parks Christmas day special this year. They hardly showed any of the parades or showcased the parks that much.

Wife did a r/t from Louisville to LA (ONT) Xmas morning, returning on a redeye tonite. She hadn't seen her mother for some time so we decided that she might as well do a weekend run. The ride out, thru Houston went well. To avoid the snowbound transfers in either Denver or Chicago, she will do an all nighter--- ONT to Phoenix, change then PHX to Charlotte NC change again and CHar. to Louisville in the morning, getting here about 11 AM. Makes for a long night with 2 hours plus in each transfer point....but no bad weather, and a chance to catch a nap on the long leg to Charlotte.

Meantime the dogs and I have emptied the refrigerator and most of a bottle of Cinnamon-Jack. Sure has been quiet around here.

Anyone else disappointed in the Disney parks Christmas day special this year. They hardly showed any of the parades or showcased the parks that much.

I skipped it this year and hearing about how bad it was, I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it. Just calling it Frozen Christmas Celebration made me not want to watch it since it seems like everything Disney does now has to have a Frozen tie in somehow,

I just watched it online earlier and was not entertained or impressed. I skipped through probably 95% of it. The ending with Elsa freezing the castle was awful too,extremely fake looking. When I heard they were doing that i thought they were going to edit the snow and ice going down main street and then when it hit the castle light it up.

I too thought the "parade" was horrible. The show in the 80s and early 90s use to be SO much better. The two hours were jammed with all types of segments on all the new stuff they were planning and all sorts of segments on the parks and resorts. It is sad that they have so few things planned or new additions under construction today that they can't even do single story like that.