Miscellaneous Mumblings

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

Had to put down my male Scottie after 12 years of "Grayfriar's Bobby" style loyalty...it was very hard on us to lose him. His companion remains, and she plays the role of the widow dog very well. We have added to young Cairns Terriers to thefamily but I don't recall it taking this long (over 6 months now) to get them to 'settle down' a bit. Maybe the Master is aging a bit !! My sympathies on the loss of your pet. The feelings can be very strong in some folks, as I well know.

Oh my, I am pretty old. You said you want to start juicing again and I assumed you were going to getting a shot at the gym. That's what people called taking steroids in the 1980's. LOL I'm glad that's not what you mean.

Edited by scott

Oh my, I am pretty old. You said you want to start juicing again and I assumed you were going to getting a shot at the gym. That's what people called taking steroids in the 1980's. LOL I'm glad that's not what you mean.

Lol! I thought about that and how to word it. I put about cleaning the juicer to hopefully clarify lol!

^If you can deal with people and do the same thing over and over all day, go for it! Its a fun place to work but everyone has their days. It'll probably also effect visits to the park because you usually won't want to be there on your days off. What dept are you looking at? Feel free to PM me any questions etc, I haven't worked at SFA but worked at Gadv

Anyone have advice on visiting universal during march? Good or bad idea?

Edited by jdc12192

Big Hero 6

The Boxtrolls

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Song of the Sea

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

I have not even heard of the bottom two films, lego movie should be on the list. The lego movie was pretty good but not the best animated film I have ever seen. The father being shown the correct way by his family is a pretty tired cliché and kind of sexist. The ending was somewhat weak too but no film is perfect.

^If you can deal with people and do the same thing over and over all day, go for it! Its a fun place to work but everyone has their days. It'll probably also effect visits to the park because you usually won't want to be there on your days off. What dept are you looking at? Feel free to PM me any questions etc, I haven't worked at SFA but worked at Gadv

Thanks! I'm looking at working in the rides department. I live about 45 mins from the park, so I don't plan to work more than 3 - 4 days a week. As for visits, there's only so many times you can visit SFA in the first place. This park desperately needs a new headliner to bring in more crowds. I plan to utilize my Gold pass at Gadv throughout the year, as well as potential side trips to Kings Dominion, Hersheypark, or Cedar Point.

I looked into applying at Cedar Point for the summer, but I'm one year off the age requirement to stay in the dorms. I've heard it's not the nicest place to stay for a summer, so not all is lost. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it pans out!

Anyone have advice on visiting universal during march? Good or bad idea?

Are you planning on staying on site ? If so, it should be ok since you get unlimited express except on 4 rides unless it's Cabana Bay that doesn't give you the express passes. Without staying on site or buying the express passes (without looking it up, since it's spring break it is probably not going to be cheap), it's going to be tough to ride everything without long waits since even if you go to Gringott's right away at opening, it isn't the most reliable ride and by the time you exit that, it's likely lines will have built up.

I know Christmas is more crowded than Spring Break but I was there during Christmas week one year and rides like Men In Black and Shrek 4D were 3 hour standby waits., even smaller rides like ET were 90 minutes. We had Express Passes but they were a lot cheaper then I think $25 per person. My most recent visit was during a trip in January and even then lines were a little longer than expected even with most public schools in session at the time (colleges were still on winter break). Forbidden Journey was 2 hours (we used single rider and waited 20 minutes) I used single rider for Rip Ride Rock It (not on Express at the time) and used Express for everything else since we stayed at Royal Pacific for 1 night to get the unlimited Express for 2 days. Most other rides were 15 - 45 minutes posted standby depending on the time of day.

Even on the trip in January and with Express, it still took us 3/4 of a day to see the Studios park and spend a few hours in Islands of Adventure and went back the next day to finish Islands of Adventure.

Edited by Yoshi

My daughter wants a small butterfly tattoo on her back shoulder blade for her 18th birthday in October! It was either that or Skydiving

Watch out, tattoos are addicting and shell probably end up with atleast one more within a year or two lol. Ive been wanting to skydive for as long as i can remember but have not found anyone who is willing to go with me :(

I promised I would go skydiving with her... but I'm not crazy about heights (except for rollercoasters/drop towers etc...)