Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

I would think there is going to be some traffic going from NYC to Philly.

Been following Hurricane Joaquin for days and I believe that now ios the time for everyone to really start paying close attention to it. Predicted to become a category 3 hurricane, and IF it were to turn and impact the east coast it very well could still have hurricane status. Of course the track is still very uncertain but I still think this is something we all need to prepare for.

Four years ago when I moved down here to Orlando everyone in New Jersey kept saying "Why are you moving to Florida? They get all those hurricanes..."

Current tally: Florida 0 hurricanes

New Jersey: 2+ hurricanes (maybe one more coming)

^^How ironic.

But seriously what is going on with the weather here? We have little to no rain for like 2 months and now we're about to get hit with a Hurricane. Only on the east coast...

Not only that, but temps will drip from the high 70s to just 52 for a high on Friday. Supposed to get back up to the low 70s next week but this weekend looks like a washout which is a shame.

20% chance of rain on Sunday, winds are 20 to 30 mph so that will close some rides if the park opens. I'd be surprised if they opened Friday and maybe even Saturday. Hopefully the hurricane goes out to sea before getting near the land.

The meteorologists aren't really sure where it's headed. The many computer models they use differ greatly in results so it could make landfall, go out to see, and one model even predicts it hitting us. That's why the "cone of uncertainty" you see in the forecasts is so huge in this scenario; really, anything could happen between now and Monday.

Most models shifted to an out to sea scenario, but there still are a few predicting a hit. One model has been showing it going out to sea for days and now all the others are catching on. Time will only tell but it is getting more and more likely of only a minor impact, mostly from the rain tomorrow.

I was trying to go to Gadv on Sunday am for a few hours, then drive over to Asbury Park to take a look at the waves.

Regardless of whether it makes landfall or not, it's effects will definitely be felt. It's just to what extent that's the question.

Either way the weather will suck until Monday or Tuesday. Just glad I was able to make it GADV last Sunday.

Edited by The Master

Looks like it's not hitting us! The forcast no has it going out to see, which was the most likely scenario anyway

Even though the hurricane isn't hitting, it's still brutal out there from the onshore flow. I don't know about where you guys live, but all day/night here has been pouring rain with very high winds. A lot of flooding going on too and it should only get worse tomorrow.

Eh, it's raining pretty hard up here in central NJ, but it's nothing we can't handle. No flooding but that's because the area I live is pretty elevated above sea level. It's also very cold and windy though. I had to get a ride home from school instead of walking because even with an umbrella and a coat it was just too much.

In northern NJ it's barely raining right now, was raining hard yesterday but no flooding anywhere near me.

Edited by RC98

I had read Cedar Point raised the price on Fast Lane and looked it up to see. On a Saturday in October regular Fast Lane is $99 per person, Fast Lane Plus is $139 per person! Even at those prices I read Maverick had a 45 minute Fast Lane line last Saturday. It makes Platinum Flash Pass seem like a much better deal especially with the double rides.

^True that. That's ridiculous pricing, like nearly 3x admission ridiculous.

Well I have started thinking about starting a demo "campaign" for a idea I have had for a long time [LEGO] T/E Studios: The Video Game- Act 1: The Legend begins (-Act 2: Trail of the Everbender; Holmes Duty: The Video Game). The game best resembles the LEGO Harry Potter games with both education and adventures. Each week and class period has a title. The demo would include 1 week called Quest For Ana McGaughan; A Hallow Eve Adventure with 3 school days (3 days, 9 periods long: 8 class periods with an activity or story piece; the mission/story event (which is on Halloween-takes up 1.75 days or 1 day+7 periods); an end of week quiz, and an in game Dev Blog/ Conclusion. The week would go: Mon: 1: Intro, 2-9: school; Tuse: 1-8: school, 9: Ultimate Frisbee; Wedns: 1-8: School, 9: Greenbar meeting; Thers: all day: Quest, Fri: 1-7: Quest, 8: end of week quiz, 9: Conclusion (Dev Blog). It most likely won't happen though but its cool to dream.

Out of respect for Kevin's family and friends I request that we not speculate here but refer to his family's postings for any information they may wish to share.