Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

I got accepted into my top choice college with a presidential scholarship! I honestly couldn't be happier right now! I'm going to be majoring in mechanical engineering. :Crown:

Congrats!

Too many commercials during Bates Motel tonight. It's enough to drive someone mad! :crackup:

I agree!! It seems like there wasn't even an episode!

Thanks, everyone! It's a shame I'm heading west, though. No more Great Adventure for a while after this summer. :faint:

If it continues to be like that, it would be great to see the park go to year round operations.

What a wimpy winter we had this year. One big snow storm and one big cold snap- other than that it was pretty uneventful. Now when I was a kid... :P

A wimpy winter is a good winter!

Retro toy ad. Own your own tubular steel roller coaster! Things were much more dangerous years ago. Tell me that girl isn't at risk of getting her fingers plowed over.

gallery_2_35_162310.jpg

Still is cool and makes a neat collectible.

Weather for this weekend doesn't look good, wind, cold, nor easter, and possible snow. Shame too because the freeze snap will ruin the buds on the flowering trees that have opened early. Hopefully opening weekend will be better.

Officially booked my Kennywood/Kings Island/Cedar Point trip for July 11-16! Super excited about it, but I'll be missing a platinum pass holder Beast night ert by two days at Kings Island. It'll be a blast anyways.

That sounds like it will be a great trip All 3 parks are really nice. Kennywood with a good mix of some classic rides and modern coasters and the other 2 parks with lots of excellent coasters.

^I've been to Cedar Point and have been trying to find a way to get back and I've always wanted to do Kings Island, but Kennywood should be really interesting for me because I've never been to a more traditional American amusement park. Phantom's Revenge looks like it's worth the $29 discounted admission I found alone.

It's good although I felt it would have been better if there had been more track since it is short for a hyper coaster. I guess given the little space they had and that it wasn't an entirely new ride, it turned out well. My favorite coaster there was Sky Rocket. Great air time on the top hat and a really fun coaster. For non coaster rides, Auto Race is I think the last of its kind and a lot faster than a regular car ride in other parks and Ghostwood Estates was themed really well. Also Noah's Ark was something really different with it almost like a fun house and walk through dark ride. If you stay until closing, many rides close early some have signs stating they close others don't. I almost missed Noah's Ark and did miss the Whip because of that.

^We're driving from home to Kennywood in the morning and then from Kennywood to the hotel in Colombus, Onio that night, so we'll be at the park from early afternoon until evening. I'm not sure we'll be there much after the sun sets for night rides, but we definitely plan on riding the unique attractions (dark rides, all the coasters and a few flat rides).

It'll be quite a long day with almost eight hours combined of driving but it's a nice way to split up the driving on the way to Kings Isoand and ultimately Cedar Point.

Anyone have any idea if you have to purchase bring a friend tickets to Kings Dominion online or if you can at the park for passholders like at GA? We're going tomorrow and the site is ridiculously vague. It's too late to call the park. There's a processing fee to buy online but I'm worried you can't purchase at the park.

I love the new night shift feature on iPhones!

Everyone in the tech community is mad about this. There has been a popular desktop app for mac/windows for years called f.lux that does that same thing. F.lux released an iOS app, which Apple eventually removed from the app store, later implementing their own version of it into iOS.

Pretty brutal season finale on The Walking Dead tonight. Negan, is one bad dude.

The weather looks really crummy this weekend with rain, snow, freeze warnings, and temps in the 40s. Won't be surprised if GADV is closed this Saturday with a rain snow mix forecast for most of that day.

Edited by The Master

But so far it looks like low to mid 60's next weekend.

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

Next weekend's forecast looks alot better than the coming one, hopefully it stays that way.

Edited by The Master