Miscellaneous Mumblings

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

5 hour wait for the Frozen ride at Epcot right now. Soarin Fastpass line started at the Imagination building earlier. I would rather stay home than deal with those crowds.

5 hour wait for the Frozen ride at Epcot right now. Soarin Fastpass line started at the Imagination building earlier. I would rather stay home than deal with those crowds.

Me too. Probably impossible just to walk around on the walkways.

Me too. Probably impossible just to walk around on the walkways.

Definitely not worth visiting Disney this time of year. People probably didn't got their money's worth with those kinds of crowds.

Weather forecasters really screwed up this time. All week they were saying this storm would miss us or just a light coating near the shore. Last minute they drastically changed their forecast and now going to get hit with 5 inches of snow on top of the 2 that is already on the ground from two days ago. Every year they do the same thing.

Weather is just so hard to predict you really can't blame them. I've been watching the models over the past few days change drastically. Some had the storm to the south giving us nothing while some have consistently been showing the more northern track. There are so many variables that could change make huge changes to the outcome that no one can predict. Regardless, I love snow so this storm is awesome for me. Definitely have over 6 inches and it should still be coming down for another hour or 2

• 2 weeks later...

Its a big mess with the PA / NJ Turnpike bridge over the Delaware being closed due to a crack in a truss. They don't even have a timetable for how long it will take to repair it. Sure is going to make traffic a mess.

195 gets bad during rush hour from the beginning of the road to around mile 4 or 5, I can't imagine what it will be like now with so many people taking that route.

Can confirm high volume on the mental stress test called the Burlington/Bristol bridge. Nerve rattling to cross that thing.

Not to mention it is a draw bridge that opens for passing ships. Once last year I was stuck on the Bristol bridge for two hours as three ships passed in a row.

It's that time of year again. Miserable February is on the horizon. We always leave for a week to escape the cold dark depression for a bit. Anyone care to make a unique recommendation on where a family of 5 should go that's warm and reasonably affordable? We have passports in case they are needed so where are the "off the beaten path" gems that you guys found? Our all time gem was Costa Rica but are open to Florida, Texas or wherever. Go ahead and lists some ideas to help us decide if you can. All ideas are welcome.

^Been to Dominican Republic twice (a few weeks ago puerto plata and in the past punta cana) and in past and recent destination searches, found it to be one of, if not the cheapest for an all inclusive vacation.

Also check cruises!!

Saw this on ebay - it says it is from a Six Flags kiddie ride but I think it is one of the planes from the Six Flags Air Racers ride.

$_58.JPG

taair1.jpg

Looks like a cross between Skyscreamer and the Golden Zephyr at DCA.

Noreaster is going to pound us tonight. Philly is supposed to get 4 to 8 inches, Trenton supposed to get 8 to 12. 65 degrees to subfreezing and deep snow in a day.