Miscellaneous Mumblings

It's like the day I went to HITP in November. 70 degrees and I was walking around the park in shorts and a t shirt and then on the way home, it dropped to the low 30s with snow accumulating fast.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

With those commercial metal roofs, I always notice the roofers always miss a few nails into the rafters which leaves holes to leak in a brand new roof.

Also Batman's station really really needs reroofing. It has huge rust holes that probably started as missed nail holes from original construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's hard just to attempt a photo trip report on the phone, I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be work on a spotlight.

Well, I'm tired off the off Season. I don't know how I lived when it was still the season ended in November, I did that for most of my life. Glad Opening Day is the day after my birthday.

Yeah it was tough having a 5 month offseason. It must have been really horrible back before parks started having Halloween events as well as not opening in March or April and the whole season was Memorial Day to Labor Day.

March is a pretty volatile month around here with big temp swings like this week being in the 60s, then getting a big snow storm and a prolong cold snap this weekend though next week. I can't blame parks waiting for April which is still iffy weather wise but still has better odds than March.

Edited by The Master

Yeah it was tough having a 5 month offseason. It must have been really horrible back before parks started having Halloween events as well as not opening in March or April and the whole season was Memorial Day to Labor Day.

I believe Clementon Park still has a Memorial Day to Labor Day season.

Worst storm of the winter is about to slam us. Looks like 8 to 12 inches for me, and it probably won't melt until Saturday when it starts to warm up a little.

I got hit pretty bad by the storm, 5 inches of snow. Today is only 28 so no melting, local says this is the 4th time in 20 years a March day only reached the 20s. Very slow warm up and melting, next week still looks below normal but not as bad as this week.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that malls are declining in popularity because of online shopping or the lack of unique stores. Macy's just closed its stores in Voorhees/Echelon and Moorestown. JC Penney is closing in King of Prussia with the possibility of going into bankruptcy. This makes me wonder how the American Dream Meadowlands complex will do when it opens.

It seems that malls are declining in popularity because of online shopping or the lack of unique stores. Macy's just closed its stores in Voorhees/Echelon and Moorestown. JC Penney is closing in King of Prussia with the possibility of going into bankruptcy. This makes me wonder how the American Dream Meadowlands complex will do when it opens.

Maybe it will eventually just become an Amazon warehouse :P

Maybe it will eventually just become an Amazon warehouse :P

I doubt it. But with these stores closing, I do feel that entertainment options could be feasible replacements like a Dave and Buster's.

• 2 weeks later...