Miscellaneous Mumblings

They would make cool seats for a home theater. I can't imagine how much shipping is.....

If you buy them shipping costs you nothing. the seller on the other hand..... it cant be cheep.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

I finally went to the observation deck of the new One World Trade Center and visited the 9/11 Memorial Museum in NYC earlier this week on my birthday. I was really impressed with the museum especially how it was so respectively designed and presented.

Glad I went up the old trade center tower back in 1999. Philly has a new observation deck in liberty one I would like to try.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a survey from Hersheypark about season pass prices (it didn't mention anything about not sharing information like the Great Adventure surveys usually have). After the questions asked about what price would be the most you would pay or what price what would be the price you would question getting a pass at, they asked how I would feel about a $178 season pass price. I don't know if they are considering that for next year or not but considering it was $140 last year, $178 would be a big jump in price and close to 3 times what a Great Adventure Gold Pass for 2017 cost.

I got a survey from Hersheypark about season pass prices (it didn't mention anything about not sharing information like the Great Adventure surveys usually have). After the questions asked about what price would be the most you would pay or what price what would be the price you would question getting a pass at, they asked how I would feel about a $178 season pass price. I don't know if they are considering that for next year or not but considering it was $140 last year, $178 would be a big jump in price and close to 3 times what a Great Adventure Gold Pass for 2017 cost.

I guess they don't sense any competition with GA because they are too far apart?

I guess they don't sense any competition with GA because they are too far apart?

Hersheypark is about 2 1/2 hours from Great Adventure. It's also 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Six Flags America and a little over an hour from Dorney. As Hershey is located in the Harrisburg/Carlisle area and not within an hour of competing parks, many season pass holders for Hersheypark especially the locals don't live close to warrant the need to have season passes to other parks.

There's Hersheypark coupons in so many stores around me, and I'm northeast from Great Adventure. Every Dunkin', CVS, etc. has a box of them.

The times I've gone in the past I got discount tickets at a Turkey Hill convenience store in the Hershey area.

I haven't seen a lot of places in my area offer Hersheypark coupons. I believe the last time I've seen Hersheypark coupons being sold was at a Wendy's but I don't remember when they sold it. The Wendy's locations in my area often sell discount tickets to Great Adventure and Clementon Park. The Wendy's in Deptford used to sell discounts to Dorney Park and Kings Dominon but the last time I went to that location, they sold expired Great Adventure tickets. That Wendy's location is also poorly run despite having a Freestyle machine.

I think there is some competition between the two as GADV and Hershey often have opposite sides of the same billboards along the PA turnpike.

Not long now until the Christmas of Summer, the 4th of July! In fact, its Ralphie Parker dad's favorite holiday in the original short stories that Christmas Story is based on. It is why in the film, he compares the "beauty" of the leg lamp to the 4th of July.

If they would one or two more coasters like Great Bear, Lightning Racer or Comet I would be a lot more willing to go to the park that time of year (I left out the Intamins because of the temperature requirements). I would rather just go to Great Adventure with so many more coasters open. Maybe with the Triple Towers open, I'll go to the event once this year.

I don't even mind the amount of coaster open, I just find Hershey to have a better atmosphere that time of year.

it would be nice to have Comet and the racers open also

Edited by Mrpq

I don't even mind the amount of coaster open, I just find Hershey to have a better atmosphere that time of year.

it would be nice to have Comet and the racers open also

Hershey does seem to have a better atmosphere for Christmas, but the times I have gone they had very limited rides open. Then again, it was back when there was no entrance fee, and you pay as you go. Christmas time is when you really miss an old time train ride, which Hershey has (even if sometimes the train had difficulty getting up the grade and spun its wheels....LOL).

So anybody put up 4th of July lights?

We put up a few red and blue lights and then some American flag streamer stuff for the railing. Nothing over the top. Just put them up today.

Hershey does seem to have a better atmosphere for Christmas, but the times I have gone they had very limited rides open. Then again, it was back when there was no entrance fee, and you pay as you go. Christmas time is when you really miss an old time train ride, which Hershey has (even if sometimes the train had difficulty getting up the grade and spun its wheels....LOL).

I have been going the Sat after Thanksgiving the last two years and I don't really plan on stopping lol its to the point where its just nice to spend time there even with out riding the rides