Miscellaneous Mumblings

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

NYC public schools were still in session until today as well. I hated seeing back to school commercials when there was still 6 weeks or more of summer vacation left

i just saw a Back-to-School commercial for Office Max. It is still June! Give the kids a break!

Most places start school in mid-August now. It's weird seeing the kids start so early, but then they seem to get more vacation in winter and still get out in mid-May.

Last year, I heard something from an article about schools in Indiana starting in late July and ending in mid to late April. This is by far the earliest I heard a school start their year.

I would have hated going back in July or August since the only rooms in my school that had air conditioning were the library and computer labs.

I would have hated going back in July or August since the only rooms in my school that had air conditioning were the library and computer labs.

Our town's schools did not have any air conditioning at all until they added them a few years ago.

I didn't have ANY A/C going to school until I got to college so all these kids now a days can take a long walk for a short pier lmao. My Fiancée teaches NYC 9th grade match, she just ended Tuesday.

I didn't have ANY A/C going to school until I got to college so all these kids now a days can take a long walk for a short pier lmao. My Fiancée teaches NYC 9th grade match, she just ended Tuesday.

I never knew NYC schools ended this late into the month. They probably start in mid September or have a lot of days off during the year if the school year ends that late.

Well here is a quick run down of NYC from when I was in school and I am still pretty sure it holds water today

NYC PUBLIC schools where always a week or two behind the Catholic schools. I went to catholic elementary and high school and always remembered going back to school before my public school friends but would be out for the summer before them. The catholic schools always ended about 2 weeks before the public schools. Also keep in mind last day of classes isn't the last day of school. The regents have been going on the past two weeks, so classes really ended 2 weeks ago.

I remember when winters would be snowy we'd end up going into the last week of June to make up for snow days.

I remember having 5 snow days built into the schedule and the year would only be extended if you used more than 5. Ah the good old days when we walked to school, up hill, both ways......

OK, the snow days part is true. Maybe I didn't have to walk to school.

Edited by scott

One year, I lost almost all of Spring Break because of snow (I want to say it was 1994). Because people already had vacations planned and weren't going to cancel their trips, at least 1/3 of students were gone so the teachers didn't really teach anything and we just watched movies. We had 3 snow days built into the schedule.

My father was a public school teacher so there was never any issues with when he and us kids could get off for vacation time. Of course back then a teacher made almost no money, so there was only a short break between the regular school year end and the start of summer school, which he had to also teach to make enough to feed a family of 6.

• 2 weeks later...

So far this summer, Hurricane Harbor, Hershey's Boardwalk, and Sahara Sam's allow aqua socks to be worn down their slides. While Wildwater Kingdom, Moreys, Splashzone, and Breakwater Beach do not allow aqua socks to be worn down their slides. Seems like the shore waterparks are especially bad about not allowing aqua socks.

Another boring summer day in NJ!

Forgot I was registered on this board!

What is up? How have the past......2 weeks of life been for some of you? Anything kick-ass happen? ....or suck? 2 weeks....go!

• 3 weeks later...