Miscellaneous Mumblings

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

I'm hoping it's not a coaster so I won't consider having to go back there to get the credit on the way to Great Adventure if it is something more than a kiddie coaster. I already got the Vapor Trail credit a year or two after it opened when employees were allowed to invite friends and family to visit on opening day for free each year (a cousin was Elmo).

4 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Sesame Place announces for 2018 tomorrow.  I'm stuck on what they will get.  Could be a Coaster similar to Invadr at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  It could also be something like bumper cars.  I'm excited to see what they get!

I have been hearing this will be a GCI similar to Invadr and themed to Oscar the Grouch.  We shall see.

14 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Is that true there's going to be end of the world on next month, October 21st? That's seven year of nuclear war was supposed to be happen according the author's book I think...is that really true the world is going to be end on October 21st, 2017? I'm so scared about this...

The last end of the world I remember was a few years ago. I forget when exactly but it was predicted to be one date and when that date passed we got to hear "Oh no, there was an error in our calculations, the world will now end on this date"  I wish I could remember the year and the 2 dates but it seems like it was May then October but I could be wrong. I do remember that on the first of those 2 dates I left the kids home to go to a wedding. How bad would that have been if the world ended and I left the kids at home? I will have to go ask the girl what her anniversary date is so I can get the facts nailed down.

Nobody will be able to predict the end of the world. You can relax.

If you really are nervous about this and not playing along here is a couple of articles for ya.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/nibiru_planet_x_and_biblical_p.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/end-world-still-coming-christian-numerologists-say-it-was-just-postponed.html

Edited by scott
4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Yeah, what about North Korea will might attack United States on October 21st too? I'm so worried about that too. Is that true?

Relax.  Unless something goes wrong, I doubt anything will happen in the coming weeks.  Lets change that to months and yeah, I would be slightly worried.

39 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

Relax.  Unless something goes wrong, I doubt anything will happen in the coming weeks.  Lets change that to months and yeah, I would be slightly worried.

What can possibly go wrong. We have Iron Man, Spider-Man, Super Man.

Seriously, it is scary to have 2 people  in power who seem to be posturing themselves into a position of not being able to back down. That said, I think that a solution will come. A solution that allows both to save face.

Cupcakes is a solution I could get behind

Edited by scott

There are never any grantees but... They are just getting started on these long range missiles, to launch them at the US would deplete there supply in the first attach and they would have no allies in a fight if they were to launch the first strike. So no allies and no more missiles after the first day.

If North Korea was to strike the US it would most likely be the military bases or ships in the area. And again, if they were to strike first they would have no allies in that fight.

I hope that our president isn't so crazy to strike first. I hope he takes a good long time to think about what would happen if he retaliated against North Korea if they do manage to shoot down an American plane. Retaliation would be warranted but it would have to be carefully considered to ensure it doesn't escalate. That is what they would want in North Korea to give them a reason to go all out.

Do I think they will attack? Not here, not with long range missiles. They may shoot down a plane and wait to see what happens after that.

I did read an interesting Washington Post article (link below) that talks about the propaganda they have for their citizens. They show the Korean people images of the Korean military shooting down American planes and hitting American war ships with missiles.

"while North Korea released doctored videos showing North Korean missiles shooting down U.S. planes and scoring a direct hit on an aircraft carrier.

Many experts dismiss the North Korean threats, at least for now."

source https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/north-korea-asserts-its-right-to-shoot-down-us-bombers/2017/09/25/74da66c4-a204-11e7-8cfe-d5b912fabc99_story.html?tid=pm_world_pop&utm_term=.286d2566eaa1

Don't think I don't worry about it, I do. Its a pretty turbulent time. I don think the Kim Jong Un is a rational person and its best to not poke him with the jabs our president keeps poking him with. Un wants to look powerful to his people and to be able to prove it to the world. I don't know if he believes his military is as strong as he sais. Maybe he drank the kool aid his dad was pushing before Kim Jong's rise to power.

Out of curiosity, how old are you Six Fun?  I'm 49. When I was in school, up until the 80's, we were always worried about the Russians sending nuclear missiles our way and it resulting in the end of the world. There was even a movie about a kid almost inadvertently starting a nuclear war.  War always has been and is something that we always will be a thing to worry about but it isn't something we can control directly. We elect people we have to trust to keep us out of harms way when possible.

We still have it pretty good here. the treat of war for the people in other parts of the world are more imminent than we have it here. For a country like Israel the threat of war is a daily thing. There, a missile could be launched in their direction at any second or you could walk into a market and never make it out. I don't know how they go about their life as calmly as they do.

But now I've gotten far more serious than I ever want to be so to wrap it up, the US will just have to send in Rambo and Dutch to North Korea while Ironman and the Hulk, and Superman protect us here at home.

This is far too long and way to much thought for me.

Lets go have some fun

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So the world will NOT ending in next month, October 21st? No Planet X? No North Korea attacking US? No nothing?

Well there is no planet X. There would be no hiding it at this point. Armatures with a telescope would have found it if a planet was close enough to collide with the earth in a month. Even an asteroid or comet would have been found by armatures by now.

It is highly unlikely that North Korea will have their long range missiles developed for an attack on US soil. Any attack by North Korea would be in that region of the world and will not bring an end to the world.

I expect to be able to live out my last 25 years safely and for my kids to live out there remaining 100 years safely as well as their kids and their 100 years and so on.

Hold on, can we change The Great Pumpkin Coaster to the Great Turkey Coaster?  That would fit perfectly! :D

IMG_5728.JPG

Edited by Mr.Six
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

North Korea will test the nuclear missile on October 10th. Will the missile will not nuke the west coast of United States on 10th?

I could be wrong but I will say no.