Miscellaneous Mumblings

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

I understand that, when I traded in a car after 9 years it was mixed emotions. It was nice to get a new car but at the same time, sad to get rid of the car that had memories like taking my drivers license test and all the trips to Great Adventure.

Funny how we get attached to our cars.  I've been in my Fusion for 10 years and 217,000 miles. (3 trips to Disney and countless trips to GA), My F150 before it I drove for nearly 15 and only gave it up because of the gas prices.

Good luck with your new car. What did you get?

My Ford Ranger is 15 years old and I just installed a new exhaust after the road salt rotted the original out. Its a performance stainless steel one I got on sale from Rockauto. Now it needs a new bed, thanks again to roadsalt. 

My old 87 Chevy has almost no rust from not being winter driven in decades and the underside looks 50 years newer than the 02 Ranger. Hopefully this will be a dry winter with littke salt sprayed to damage your new car, and be sure to have the underside washed in the Spring. 

I'm thinking about getting a Mazda CX-5 over the winter (probably 2-3 years old used, low mileage).  My family is tired of my Hyundai Sonata.  It fit my needs when I bought it, but it is showing its age and the vague steering is annoying when you are driving on the highway, since you have to constantly correct the wheel to stay in your lane.  Everybody who has reviewed the CX-5 has said it is a blast to drive, which would be nice for a change.  Also looking at Escape, CRV, RAV4, Terrain, etc.

My wife says she wants a small SUV instead of a car, since she is tired of "sitting on the pavement" and wants a better driving position.

Edited by dougdrummer

I feel bad for anyone that waited almost 4 hours for Navi River Journey today at Animal Kingdom. I'm curious to see if that and Flight of Passage will get to over 5 hours anytime this week, especially on New Year's Eve.

This sub freezing snap is terrible, and no return to normal temps in the forseeable future either. I have to be careful my heating oil doesn't gel up in this extreme cold. 

Edited by The Master

Space Mountain has a 5 1/2 hour wait right now :o

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

edit, and now Test Track is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Someone getting in line around 6:00 won't exit the ride until the 2018! (if the car design area and line afterwards isn't counted in the wait time)

On 12/31/2017 at 2:11 PM, Yoshi said:

Space Mountain has a 5 1/2 hour wait right now :o

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

edit, and now Test Track is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Someone getting in line around 6:00 won't exit the ride until the 2018! (if the car design area and line afterwards isn't counted in the wait time)

No ride is worth a 5 hour plus wait. 

I agree, even if there was a coaster that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and I knew I wouldn't be back to that park, it wouldn't be worth that kind of wait to me.

13 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I agree, even if there was a coaster that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and I knew I wouldn't be back to that park, it wouldn't be worth that kind of wait to me.

That's why I skipped Test Track my first time around when it was real new.  I didn't get back there for several years, when I got to ride it twice.

Went from record lows i  the single digits last week to record highs today in the 60s. With this kind of roller coaster you don't need the parks to be open. 

• Like 1

My daughter is at Busch Gardens Tampa today.  She hit all 8 coasters in 3 1/2 hours.  She is at 176 and i'm at 181 coasters.  She is going to SeaWorld on Monday to ride 5 more and then she will be tied with me on the Coaster Count!!!  

On 1/13/2018 at 3:38 PM, robertleax said:

My daughter is at Busch Gardens Tampa today.  She hit all 8 coasters in 3 1/2 hours.  She is at 176 and i'm at 181 coasters.  She is going to SeaWorld on Monday to ride 5 more and then she will be tied with me on the Coaster Count!!!  

Well she only got 4 in at Seaworld... Journey to Atlantis was down.  She is at 180 now... one behind me.