Jump to content

Miscellaneous Mumblings


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

Yeah, the Orlando parks all close the water rides for rehab this time of year. With the weather being hit or miss (cold one week, warm the next) it's usually a slower time for the water rides anyway. All the waterparks are closed for cold weather (again) this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My P71 looks just like this one except it has spots on both sides.  

 

1386952083000-Ford-Crown-Victoria-2008-W

 

P71 is Ford's RPO code for their police package which includes lots of goodies. The motor has a larger air filter box, larger air intake tube, and a larger throttle body for more power than standard Crown Vics. It also has true dual exhaust with an H pipe for more power. The computer that runs the powertrain is programmed with more aggressive engine tuning and transmission shifting. It has a better rear gear ratio than standard Crown Vics for more acceleration. It has factory coolers for the motor oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It also has heavy duty suspension and brakes . Feds do not beat up their cars like normal cops do, and being a admin car it likely saw even less serve duty. Also has carpeting instead of the usually vinyl floor and a odd second ticket writing dome light over the rear seat, likely for some admin purpose.   

Edited by The Master
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Master said:

My P71 looks just like this one except it has spots on both sides.  

 

1386952083000-Ford-Crown-Victoria-2008-W

 

P71 is Ford's RPO code for their police package which includes lots of goodies. The motor has a larger air filter box, larger air intake tube, and a larger throttle body for more power than standard Crown Vics. It also has true dual exhaust with an H pipe for more power. The computer that runs the powertrain is programmed with more aggressive engine tuning and transmission shifting. It has a better rear gear ratio than standard Crown Vics for more acceleration. It has factory coolers for the motor oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It also has heavy duty suspension and brakes . Feds do not beat up their cars like normal cops do, and being a admin car it likely saw even less serve duty. Also has carpeting instead of the usually vinyl floor and a odd second ticket writing dome light over the rear seat, likely for some admin purpose.   

Now all you need is a radar gun so you can check Kingda Ka's speed!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, The Master said:

I bought a new (to me) car today. Its a 2008 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor, a retired Federal admin car which is low wear. 

 

sounds like a contradiction in terms.....LOL

 

My friend used to work for the NJ Dept of Corrections in the transport division.  When he drove one of the interceptors, he used to get it up to 140 mph driving the Turnpike up to Rahway prison.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 8:18 AM, dougdrummer said:

 

sounds like a contradiction in terms.....LOL

 

My friend used to work for the NJ Dept of Corrections in the transport division.  When he drove one of the interceptors, he used to get it up to 140 mph driving the Turnpike up to Rahway prison.....

 

Found out what its past life was. The car used to be a National Park Service Chief's car. It has a NPS sticker in the driver's side door above the decal that has all the option codes. Probably came from either Independence Hall or Valley Forge park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, The Master said:

 

Found out what its past life was. The car used to be a National Park Service Chief's car. It has a NPS sticker in the driver's side door above the decal that has all the option codes. Probably came from either Independence Hall or Valley Forge park.

 

So I doubt that car was driven at 140 mph, unless someone tried to steal the Liberty Bell and there was an ensuing high speed chase....LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 10:10 AM, dougdrummer said:

 

So I doubt that car was driven at 140 mph, unless someone tried to steal the Liberty Bell and there was an ensuing high speed chase....LOL.

 

You'd be surprised, I knew some Danger Rangers out at Gettysburg who did stints in Philadelphia.  They'd run between the two parks just for fun.  They also used to screw with the ghost hunters at on the battlefields with the spots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lemur said:

 

You'd be surprised, I knew some Danger Rangers out at Gettysburg who did stints in Philadelphia.  They'd run between the two parks just for fun.  They also used to screw with the ghost hunters at on the battlefields with the spots. 

 

They'd be lucky to get up to 30 MPH on the Schuylkill Expressway..... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dougdrummer said:

 

They'd be lucky to get up to 30 MPH on the Schuylkill Expressway..... :)

 

6 minutes ago, dougdrummer said:

 

Now it's 70 MPH!!  :D

Last time I was on the Schuylkill Expressway, we were able to hit 65 in some parts because it was a Saturday. The problem about the PA Turnpike between Harrisburg and King of Prussia is that the truck drivers would drive around 50 to 60 miles per hour when the speed limit is now 70; maybe because of the amount of sharp turns and they are scared to lose control. If there weren't as many slow drivers on that stretch, most cars would fly between 80 and 90 on the straight parts and 65 to 75 on the turns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Viper26 said:

 

Last time I was on the Schuylkill Expressway, we were able to hit 65 in some parts because it was a Saturday. The problem about the PA Turnpike between Harrisburg and King of Prussia is that the truck drivers would drive around 50 to 60 miles per hour when the speed limit is now 70; maybe because of the amount of sharp turns and they are scared to lose control. If there weren't as many slow drivers on that stretch, most cars would fly between 80 and 90 on the straight parts and 65 to 75 on the turns.

 

I think it is even worse once you get west of KOP because it's only 2 lanes with very hilly curves and all the truck traffic.  If a truck decides to pass a slower truck, you can be blocked and are  screwed for several miles before the truck gets out of the left lane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

 

I think it is even worse once you get west of KOP because it's only 2 lanes with very hilly curves and all the truck traffic.  If a truck decides to pass a slower truck, you can be blocked and are  screwed for several miles before the truck gets out of the left lane.

There is also no left lane shoulder on the Turnpike making it harder to pass slow vehicles on the right lane. There are times where bumper to bumper traffic is about to happen because of slower moving trucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viper26 said:

There is also no left lane shoulder on the Turnpike making it harder to pass slow vehicles on the right lane. There are times where bumper to bumper traffic is about to happen because of slower moving trucks.

 

Parts of I-81 are like that because of the volume of truck traffic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

 

Parts of I-81 are like that because of the volume of truck traffic.

I-81 is one of the busiest truck routes in America as it is a by pass of I-95 between Washington DC and Virginia and NYC which is the busiest part of I-95. I-81 doesn't pass through any major cities but passes through many college towns in Virginia and New York.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally get to see a Super Bowl win and having it be against Tom Brady and the Patriots makes it even better after the Eagles lost to them 13 years ago. From watching the reports, it looks like it was crazy in Philadelphia tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It was a really good game.  Having moved to south Jersey early last spring I changed my team from the Jets (don't ask why) to the Eagles being I was closer to Philadelphia now.  Didn't take long to win!

 

Do we credit you with the win then? ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, dougdrummer said:

 

So I doubt that car was driven at 140 mph, unless someone tried to steal the Liberty Bell and there was an ensuing high speed chase....LOL.

 

I'm late to this conversation but all of the responses seem to have overlooked something. Maybe it wasn't driven at 140 MPH before but maybe it has been now, by The Master!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Yoshi said:

If that was why the Eagles won, is there any chance of you also becoming a fan of the Phillies, Flyers and 76ers? :D

 

The Sixers are the only Phila team I can root for, and they are a year or two from possibly being really good.  I'm so sick of Lebron James, Steph Curry et al, and I want to see some other teams emerge to be competitive.

 

I can't believe the Flyers have been so bad for so long, especially considering this is supposed to be a hockey town.

 

Phillies had their run, and it will take a few more years to rebuild.  Which is good for me, considering it is much more convenient (and cheaper) to go see my Mets play at CBP as opposed to NY.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...