Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

2 hours ago, Lemur said:

Hopefully we'll crawl above normal for December (for purely selfish reasons being I hope the park doesn't cut HITP short again).

I hope so too. Didn't even make it to HITP last year due to the bad cold snap. 

I rather have the warm muggy weather from earlier this month than this recent nasty chilly weather. 

I prefer summer but wouldn't mind fall weather over this cold weather. Snow on Saturday in my area and cold rainy weather on Sunday. I hope November is a little warmer, even highs in the 50s would be ok.

Next time someone complains about parking prices at Great Adventure...

fozkq1ca0mu11.jpg

Why does parking have to be so expensive, is it just because it's post season or is it just LA is full

Grinch.jpg

Prices went up because of the World Series (it looks like the old prices were covered up). Last year when I was at an Angels game, it was $15 for parking. I was surprised it was so cheap but I guess it's also because they aren't as popular as the Dodgers are. 

It's snowing in my area right now. I really hope winter won't be starting early and I can still get a few more park trips in this year.

Sadly it looks like winter weather is already here with the snow season already starting. The trend since mid Oct has been colder than normal. 

Snow in my area is already much worse than they had predicted. Sucks there is such an early start to the snow and road salt season. 

It was supposed to change over around 12 in Glassboro, now it says 3.

Still snowing where I am as of 4:10pm. Supposed to have changed over two hours ago, have two inches of snow on the ground. This is why I want to move to a better climate.

Edited by The Master

Finally changed over to rain, hopefully most of the snow will be gone by morning as it is supposed to warm up to near 50 overnight. Still the snow is much worse than they had predicted. 

Edit, the news has said this is the worst snow storm this early in the season on record. The Philly airport was the 3rd worst affected airport in the country. Philly got hit with 3.6 inches of snow, the normal average for the entire month of Nov is .03 inches.

Edited by The Master

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, GAcoaster said:

It wasn't supposed to snow at GA today, but it's pretty:

Looks perfect for Holiday. Great shots.

The weather for Thanksgiving looks terrible this year, subfreezing the entire day, the high will only be 29 degrees. Thankfully it will be just the one day that will be that cold but still it is a shame such cold weather has to fall on a holiday.  It will be brutal for the parades this year. 

4 hours ago, The Master said:

The weather for Thanksgiving looks terrible this year, subfreezing the entire day, the high will only be 29 degrees. Thankfully it will be just the one day that will be that cold but still it is a shame such cold weather has to fall on a holiday.  It will be brutal for the parades this year. 

Just as long as Black Friday is warmer.  Park time for me that day!

High is 36 on Friday. Better than sub freezing but still cold. Crowds will be low too because it's Black Friday so most traffic near the park is heading towards the Jackson Outlets

At least if you do black Fridays these days you don't have to wait outside. I've spent a lot of cold nights waiting for the doors to open at Best Buy or Walmart, or Target

31 minutes ago, scott said:

At least if you do black Fridays these days you don't have to wait outside. I've spent a lot of cold nights waiting for the doors to open at Best Buy or Walmart, or Target

Wow i did that back in the day myself! I remember freezing my bits off at like 4 am in line for walmart &target . Ugh. Havent done that in a LONG time though, thank god. Cyber Monday is my jam and i dont even leave the house on black friday anymore. 

• Like 1

So I was driving on 295 in South NJ today, and they were freshly treating the roads with salt, on a 50 degree day with sunshine, no storms in the near forecast, and overnight temps in the 40s, WTH? Guess NJDOT thinks cars aren't rusting out fast enough. Now I will have to take my car to the carwash tomorrow to get that nasty NJ salt off of it. At least PennDOT does seem to be as trigger happy with road salt like NJ is. Took 130 back and despite being slower, it was unsalted. Road salt is a necessary evil that must be used sparingly, not dumped all over like crazy on a whim as it quickly degrades everything.  

Edited by The Master