Thrill-Pics

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Pretty crazy weather this week. Wed is going to be a bad snow storm that is supposed to switch to rain, with highs only in the low 30s. Very next day the temps will rocket into the high 50s. At least the snow won't be around long. 

Edited by The Master

Some internet weatherman is touting the European Model saying we're getting smacked with a blizzard next week.  I wish I could find him so I can go throw things at him.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, Lemur said:

Some internet weatherman is touting the European Model saying we're getting smacked with a blizzard next week.  I wish I could find him so I can go throw things at him.

Ill hold him down while you throw things!

I didn't mind almost 2 months of no coasters so far this offseason but driving past Dorney yesterday and seeing all the coasters made me really ready for the season to start.

I will admit to feeling a bit itchy to go coaster riding soon.  I think the relatively mild winter has that effect.  It will be nice when American Dream is open and there are four coasters in-state and available all year 'round.  Not that hopping a flight down to Florida or Texas is a bad idea either. 

Looks like the March lion is back as usual. Snow storms this weekend, and a Arctic blast next week with highs only around thd freezing mark. 

After the sub-zero temps in January, temps at the freezing mark really doesn't feel all that bad.  Unless you forget your gloves.

Yeah, freezing temperatures  isn’t too bad as long as there isn’t much wind. I am ready for spring, especially baseball season and even more after a certain free agent signing yesterday.

Looks like a couple of days in the middle of next week will have below freezing highs. Plus the forecasters are saying the Sunday storm models are tracking more to the South, which increases the likelyhood it will be all snow. Spring won't be showing up anytime soon. 

I was able to trace my family’s roots all the way back to 1465 and my 19th generation great grandfather in England.  It was also cool to see one of my ancestors born on May 6, 1776 while his father was a Captain in the American Revolution.  

• Like 2

That sounds really cool and interesting to learn where you came from.

Just got back from Florida for a wedding. Only got to BGT but finally added Cobra's Curse to my count.

Just have to return next year again...

Even in Delaware the weather is great! High of 67 degrees and sunny. Definitely feels more like a Great Adventure day than an exam day 😅

On 3/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, Matt Kaiser said:

Just got back from Florida for a wedding. Only got to BGT but finally added Cobra's Curse to my count.

Just have to return next year again...

Such a hardship for you, Matt.  Glad you had a good time.

• Haha 1

Just got back from my Alternate Spring Break Trip volunteering at Give Kids the World. Checked Ride Op off my bucket list, lost my camcorder in Coca Beach (somehow it disappeared between the beach and the house, and I don't think I left it in the mom and pop burrito place)-got it used, but had my good SD card (insert expletives here); did Karaoke in Old Town ("Don't Stop Believin'", shopped in Disney Springs, helped run Clayton's surprise birthday and Once Upon a Village (as well as worked shifts in Cafe Clayton). Also went to Wekiwa and the Florida Mall. I'm probably going to create an album on the forums once everything gets Drived over (is that the correct phrasing?).