Miscellaneous Mumblings

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone [:   It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to share some great news. I got my first job since graduating college 😁  

A rider flew out of the coaster this morning. Luckily he landed on carpeting so no serious injuries.  All operations are on hold until the state investigates.    

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ev

Posted Images

I think many of us on here are too old to be out trick or treating, lol. My local ordinance says you can't trick or treat if you're over 12 years old. 

My college will be hosting a Halloween party this coming weekend though, that'll be fun 🎃.

While last Oct was the 10th Oct in a row that was above normal temps, it looks like Nov will below normal. Some of the days in the upcoming cold snap will be below normal.

3 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

It feels strange that yesterday I was walking around Great Adventure with the temperature close to 70 and now today there is snow on the ground.

Could be worse, Minneapolis has already had 6ins of snow this season. My professor said that before an exam-which started before the snow started at 11, it was snowing at 11:35 when I left.

• 2 weeks later...

With Discovery Kingdom going solar and the rumor that the next season of Super Sentai (Mashin Sentai Kirameiger) may start with 3 female rangers, it makes me think back to 2015 when Great Adventure's solar farm was in the planning stages discussing that and spending my whole semester (for College Composition II) to go back to that Power Rangers was a game changing show and that if Nickelodeon (where the show is currently broadcast) is doing a show (The Loud House) with LGBT characters, and you already hired a bi/lesbian executive producer (Melissa Flores), why not go in this direction-Toei doesn't have to control what you can and cannot do (ok, those Megazord fights are expensive so you might want to keep those stock footage).

Japan doesn't like to break the status quo, but we might know this time next week if Toei is taking a chance on a show that has been in a rocky place (in terms of toy sales).

At least that's better than saying "this is the 6,500th reply to this thread".

• 2 weeks later...

I always love reading the Great ADVENTure calendar, but boy, I was not ready for the music! I have my earphones in and clicked on the link. Lesson learned about volume up on my PC. :54:

For the record though, great wishes this year so far!

• 1 month later...

I was shocked to get this for Christmas.  It really is the ultimate LEGO kit for any fan of their building kits (not to mention fans of Star Wars).  With over 7500 pieces the kit is the largest one ever made and it was a ton of fun to assemble.

IMG_0192 (1).jpg

Much harder than the police car model I received almost 50 years ago!

police.png

• Like 6