Sign in to follow this  
GAcoaster

Musik Express

Awesome spotlight guys. I had always wondered about whether there was supposed to be that wall in the back section where you kind of went into a section of the ride that could not be seen from outside. I know I have ridden other similar rides with it, so now it makes sense why this one does not currently have it. I hope they do re-open the ride as it is a lot of fun. I was reminiscing about this with my father the other day talking about how when him and friends would go to the park during college, it was just as fun to stand by the ride and listen to the music being played as it was to actually get on it and he remembers there ebing times where the express was a popular hang out location in the park. Kind of neat considering he was never too into the park that he would remember that.

Very cool spotlight. This was a family favorite!

The colorful design brings back memories.

198256.jpg

I remember drawlings of Elvis, some guy with an afro and other singers painted on the wall.

The park is NOT the same without this ride (in operation.)

Some of my earliest memories of the park are of this ride. Then for a while when I was little, it was my favorite ride (and Himelehah at Seaside) I really hope it opens again, it was a ride I usually always rode every visit right up until it closed. And I miss it, and so does my Family. I wish you guys could of used some of my shot's of it this year that I took when the gate was open. Damm Park Policy. If anyone wants to see em' shoot me a message, with your E-Mail and I'll send them too you.

*R*

My friends and I use to love riding the Musik Express especially at night. Before the ride started we would all take bets as to whether our car would stop behind the wall or in front of it when the ride was over.

We use to run back and forth between the Musik Express and the Haunted Castle across the way. Our eyes would always need to do some adjusting going from the very dark castle to the bright flashing lights of the ride.

Sounds like a great time in a section of the park we unfortunately cannot appreciate right now. I think I am going to miss the musik express this year during Fright Fest because in years past we would head over to it, ride, and then go accross the way for hot chocolate and watch the awakening.

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not yet, but the current issue of the Newsletter say's that the Reader's Choice Spotlight debut's Memorial Day not Labor Day. Just thought I'd let you know.

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not yet, but the current issue of the Newsletter say's that the Reader's Choice Spotlight debut's Memorial Day not Labor Day. Just thought I'd let you know.

We spotted that but you weren't suppose to! ;) Memorial Day would surely give us plenty of time to complete the Spotlight!

Actually, the Reader's Choice Spotlight will debut on Labor Day - September 1st!

There are two things I can never keep straight...Memorial Day and Labor Day and Right and Left. I always have to take a moment to remember which is which with both of those, and when I'm not paying attention I mix them up (like when I wrote the newsletter) :D

Honestly, I SHOULD have remembered Labor Day simply because my memory trigger is the announcer on an old GA commercial saying "Park open daily now through Labor Day".

Hey if you leave it maybe the park will take note and use Sept 1st as Memorial Day as well. That would mean another good three months worth of daily operations for us :P

Well, here is one of those "Did the Panorama Wheel's cars ever spin?" questions:

Did the Musik Express ever spin backwards? Maybe in the 1970s? Anyone know?

Well, here is one of those "Did the Panorama Wheel's cars ever spin?" questions:

Did the Musik Express ever spin backwards? Maybe in the 1970s? Anyone know?

I thought they all did back in the day, first fotward, then backward's. How about this, did it ever have the Air Raid Siren when it was going top speed? I know the one in Seaside did.

I used to love the Air Raid Siren once it really got moving. I really looked forward to it on some of those rides especially when you were moving backwards :)

No Siren at GA. I do remember that the speakers were huge and they were suspended from the roof and were stacked in the back corners. These were also "toned-down" in 1988.

They were always alot of fun. With the "D.J." booth and the ride op playing good music very loud. People would just hang around to listen to the song's playing. I really wish they would bring it back with the "atmosphere" they brought to the park. The more were talking about it, the more i miss it.

If they reopened it this fall the Musik Express would help the capacity issues of Fright Fest. They could practically enclose it in cobwebs, add some stobes or fog, and play Halloween/Horror themed music. It would be a whole new ride experience that they could add to their lineup of Fright Fest offerings! :Witch2:

That would be awesome. But from the current shape it's in, I don't know. With the hole in the roof, It's really starting to "weather" some of the cars. I was just looking at my shot's from a few weeks ago, and it's not looking too good.

Very nice spotlight and hopefully the Musik Express will reopen at some point. Years ago the park used to put up Halloween paper cutouts in Musik Express but the park stopped doing cutouts in 99.

Can anyone guess why the song we're playing on the Music Express Spotlight was chosen? (Besides the obvious "play that music" theme)

Hint: It wasn't because we searched for a song that contained the lyrics "white boy"! :D

There are two things I can never keep straight...Memorial Day and Labor Day and Right and Left. I always have to take a moment to remember which is which with both of those, and when I'm not paying attention I mix them up (like when I wrote the newsletter) :D

Honestly, I SHOULD have remembered Labor Day simply because my memory trigger is the announcer on an old GA commercial saying "Park open daily now through Labor Day".

That's hysterical! That's the only way I can distinguish the two. "Park open daily now through Labor Day". :lol2:

I noticed that Mack and Schwarzkopf made signs for their rides with cursive handwriting. Musik Express, Swabinchen and most Calypsos had them.