• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 3cstodisney

3cstodisney

Carousel

• Black Tag
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

I've got a question perhaps this is correct place to ask it. My daughter is working for the first time this summer in GA. From what I understand she gets a season pass for herself and one other season pass for a friend/family member? So...my questions are:

- when do they issue these passes to her? during training or once she is out working in her department?

- the extra season pass for a friend/family member are there any restrictions on this? does it include free parking? only certain dates? does it include HH? etc

- does the extra season pass have to be assigned in a name and can only be used by that person or is it allowed to be distributed to different people she knows?

any help much appreciated thanks!

#22 Matt Kaiser

Matt Kaiser

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

I've got a question perhaps this is correct place to ask it. My daughter is working for the first time this summer in GA. From what I understand she gets a season pass for herself and one other season pass for a friend/family member? So...my questions are:

- when do they issue these passes to her? during training or once she is out working in her department?

- the extra season pass for a friend/family member are there any restrictions on this? does it include free parking? only certain dates? does it include HH? etc

- does the extra season pass have to be assigned in a name and can only be used by that person or is it allowed to be distributed to different people she knows?

Employees don't get free season passes. (Until they work for the company for at least 10 years I've heard?)

The employee ID acts like a season pass, so your daughter can use it to park for free and to enter the park. There are certain restrictions around when it can be used. For example, it can't be used to enter the park if she's scheduled to work that day and it's almost time for her to clock-in. (Not sure of the time limit on that)

Once your daughter works a certain number of hours, she gets a "buddy pass" which lets her bring 1 friend into the park. She has to be with the friend, and I believe it's once a day. It used to be a sticker they put on your employee ID, idk if it's changed since then.

Side note, she also gets free admission to Hershey, Dorney, and a free pack of tickets at Knoebels.

Edited by Matt Kaiser, 11 April 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#23 jdc12192

jdc12192

Sky Ride

• Red Tag (Moderator)
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Employees don't get free season passes. (Until they work for the company for at least 10 years I've heard?)

The employee ID acts like a season pass, so your daughter can use it to park for free and to enter the park. There are certain restrictions around when it can be used. For example, it can't be used to enter the park if she's scheduled to work that day and it's almost time for her to clock-in. (Not sure of the time limit on that)

Once your daughter works a certain number of hours, she gets a "buddy pass" which lets her bring 1 friend into the park. She has to be with the friend, and I believe it's once a day. It used to be a sticker they put on your employee ID, idk if it's changed since then.

Side note, she also gets free admission to Hershey, Dorney, and a free pack of tickets at Knoebels.

As Matt said, as a first year employee she will not be receiving a season pass. Her ID however will be her season pass for when she is not working. On that ID is also a buddy pass, which she can bring in one guest anytime she is going to the park as a guest. Eventhough she does not get a season pass, employees do get complimentary tickets (how many depends on how many years employed) after X amount of hours, think its 40 or 60? Those tickets can be given to whoever.

#24 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

My daughter's friend, who works at GA, bought us our season's pass at a 25% discount.  She could not get us a discount on the meal plan though.  She has been working there for a couple years now, in the Human Resources department.

#25 3cstodisney

3cstodisney

Carousel

• Black Tag
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

thank you so much for this! Okay one other question so if she wanted to go to HH in the morning lets say at 10am and she is scheduled to work over in GA at 3pm she won't be allowed into HH? 

#26 jdc12192

jdc12192

Sky Ride

• Red Tag (Moderator)
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

thank you so much for this! Okay one other question so if she wanted to go to HH in the morning lets say at 10am and she is scheduled to work over in GA at 3pm she won't be allowed into HH? 

I don't know the time period for before, but I know afterwards, you have to go to guest relations and ask them for a physical ticket because the ID won't scan as it's saying she has to work and she can always do that beforehand as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users