Most Liked Content

#75251 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 20 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave.  After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap".   Besides, we could never reach the level of bullshit that you sometimes spew.

#72049 Paving the parking lot

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 01 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Oh, I just bought my new car for visiting the park this year.

18s0dhqslc23sjpg.jpg

#76595 Riding of the Bull Ocho

Posted by Matt Kaiser on 11 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

ACE hosted their annual Riding of the Bull yesterday, on Sept. 10th. The event was great, as usual, and aligned with El Toro's 10th birthday. There was a lot of cake. A lot.

We started the day with an hour of Nitro ERT. Attendees could also have the first ride of the day on Joker at opening, but we scheduled our first tour for 10:45 at Zumanjaro. John Slawson returned to give one of his classic tours. We than dashed across the park to the Seaport lighthouse for our second tour. 

Dinner was also amazing as usual, with the catered mexican buffet. Park President Neal Thurman came out to do a Q&A during lunch. He's really nice, experience at a bunch of SF parks, and seemed to already know a lot about our park.

El Toro ERT started at 10pm when the park closed, and ran until midnight. There was also ERT on Bizarro and El Diablo from 10pm to 11pm.

It was an incredibly hot day (and decently packed), but a lot of fun. Also tiring, being there from 8am until about 12:30am. I logged 27,000 steps on my fitbit.

We were able to go on two tours: Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro/Bizarro, and Congo Rapids/Batman/Nitro. Picture time!

DaY7MxI.jpg

0aalqke.jpg

xRezPfH.jpg

lxQQ8IE.jpg

EbiPEyd.jpg

TZRW7SO.jpg

HfkRIFU.jpg

Zc9XkHT.jpg

ZlzNSFr.jpg

usNSnN2.jpg

bQOVh7E.jpg

yMxbbXT.jpg

haJoNW0.jpg

riMVuKq.jpg

TZd5jgu.jpg

hybc7Wy.jpg

lef3fW4.jpg

qRnTeuV.jpg

ogxwLJy.jpg

Wait, what is this?

XvMtDPz.jpg

gEPvRDH.jpg

WqL3fvL.jpg

DP15Ndo.jpg

Each year, Skull Mountain runs two trains while its third train undergoes a full rehab.

PM46yQu.jpg

Speaking of Skulls..

F8wwi1J.jpg

This is the sign that greets employees as they walk into work. It usually informs them of each day's events.

KBRrjZG.jpg

VM9MMBs.jpg

h1xThjy.jpg

54FccUv.jpg

dBXKHxR.jpg

AYEl4ik.jpg

vvQ1Hbw.jpg

32ZOLPu.jpg

E9IDJJB.jpg

T7b06Sm.jpg

eKFcSt2.jpg

aoiypiO.jpg

7z1NSYr.jpg

Bonus Cell Block 6!

VmM6g2g.jpg

#75226 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 20 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

And as far as being "banned" from the park, even if anyone was banned, not like it would stop someone if they really wanted to go in the Park. I know of people that were banned for life in the 80's and 90's that get passes every year still. When you buy a pass do they ask for ID? Does a Pass require a SS #? Do they have pictures of all the banned People at every Entry Gate? They answer to all of them is "No". So then i guess anyone could go online, or in the Park, make a Pass in any name they choose, grow a Beard (or shave) and be in. Just like they do now. 

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.  

We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference.  I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could care less about, but for those of us that would like to discuss this topic, we are moving on.

#76222 John Fitzgerald will be leaving Six Flags Great Adventure

Posted by Matt Kaiser on 30 August 2016 - 11:24 PM

I think the park really benefited with him driving the bus.

You gave me no choice, Harry. This had to be done.

BFI1KkI.jpg

#75408 Misc GA Mumblings

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 25 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

No need for ads!  I appreciate your kind suggestions but having the site and having people share whatever photos and memories they have with us makes it all worth it. 

#75396 Misc GA Mumblings

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 25 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Just for the record, I do not make one penny on this site and when you throw in the costs associated with it (domains, web hosting services, newsletters, etc.) the small book royalties don't cover the costs either.  Sure, I could load the site up with ads, but my feeling is that it would take away from the site and so GAH is ad-free.  I never looked at setting this up as a profit-making endeavor.  The biggest payoffs for me are the members and the support we do get from the park and the GA community.  I like to believe we formed a nice little village here.

Take care Railer.

#71266 Harley Quinn Crazy Train Runs Amok in 2016

Posted by jdc12192 on 09 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

BBLTT is a coaster and is not debatable like El Diablo.

#71243 Harley Quinn Crazy Train Runs Amok in 2016

Posted by SFGadv123 on 08 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

It's always been a coaster. What else would it be?

#75072 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 18 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?

And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

#74543 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by jdc12192 on 08 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

Lately this thread has me like.....

giphy.gif

#74454 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 06 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

. RIght off the bat (and easy to see) you can't have any Coaster Track with Guest Path's underneath it, without some sort off Roof. That is a rule that hardly any other States have

2016_03_23_IMG_1469%20copy.jpg

#72142 My Windy Day at Great Adventure

Posted by mkj3322 on 03 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

As some may know, Great Adventure closed early today due to low attendance and the wind storm we've been facing. I spent a few hour at the park early on in the day and was able to get on a few rides, though any major attraction was closed. I have never seen the park as dead as it was today. 

Ride Count:

Skull Mountain: x 2

Dark Knight: x 2

Buccaneer: x 1

Deja Vu: x 1

Bumper Cars: x 1

Tea Cups: x 1

Check out some of these pictures of the completely deserted park.

5xSbYUTl.jpg

KZXaq79l.jpg

FcQPXbdl.jpg

LbWRO8sl.jpg

qGQL4ABl.jpg

QeE512Wl.jpg

#71735 SeaWorld ends all orca breeding

Posted by GAcoaster on 21 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

Have any of you had a hamster or a dog or a cat? 

Those animals are much smaller than whales are, but they also need large areas when they are in the wild. Hamsters especially, in proportion to their size, require a space more than four square miles. If you had a hamster or a cat or a dog and kept them in the house or in a cage in your house, do you feel like they were being mistreated or they had bad lives? It's the same situation with the whales at SeaWorld. They lead good lives and have the best care, exercise, attention and everything else they could need. They are not abused or mistreated (despite what animal rights groups would have you believe). 

Orcas are becoming increasingly endangered in the wild due to overfishing by humans and depleting their food supply, as well as environmental hazards like plastics and pollution. SeaWorld does more to help endangered species and rescuing animals than ANY of the animal rights groups fighting and protesting them. 

Don't believe everything from PETA or any other animal rights organization. They are professional fund raising organizations and have created a BIG business from protesting SeaWorld. Also don't believe Blackfish. The film was a distortion of the truth and had an agenda. The "experts" they got for the film were quite often disgruntled former employees who misrepresent their knowledge and expertise.

As for the profit motive, don't be deceived. PETA's plan that they want SeaWorld to go with is that SeaWorld pays to build sea pens (which would put the orcas in a dangerous situation) and then PETA would charge tourists to see the whales in those sea pens (raising money for themselves). The majority of the 29 whales in SeaWorld's care were born in captivity (they have not captured a whale in the wild for almost 40 years) and cannot be released into the wild because they are dependent on human care. The staff at SeaWorld knows and loves these animals and would not keep doing this if they didn't believe in what SeaWorld does (working for the park doesn't pay that well). 

If anyone has a right to be upset with SeaWorld's care of whales, it is the family of Dawn Brancheau, the trainer killed by Tillikum. They completely support SeaWorld and their care of orcas despite the loss of their daughter. She believed in SeaWorld's work which has lead to insights in marine mammals that really can't be done in the wild as well as their mission to educate through entertainment and make connections with the natural world.  

#67577 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by Nitro1118 on 16 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

To add to my post last night, I have no issue with clones. I much prefer our Bizarro clone over Batman at SFNE or Hydra, which are original layouts. I would much rather have S:UF over Air, and B:TR compares well to the average invert.

Most GP will never ride these cloned rides, and your moderate, 100-200 coaster count enthusiasts will only ride one of these rides at other parks once every couple of years. It only really effects enthusiasts who regularly travel across the country, which is an extremely small population.

Lastly, all that really matters is the enjoyment you get from these rides while at the park. And in that situation, the thought process isn't, "It annoys me that this is a clone," but rather "That ride was good!" or "That ride sucked!"

#66987 2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by jdc12192 on 02 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Nor is it all about media invites for harry,myself or Yoshi. Harry is usually the only one who goes to them anyway. This site has a relationship with the park, they use it as an unofficial guide of their history, harry has his own section for the news letters, and many other things that others don't know. This is more then just a random 'fan site' that can post what they want whenever they want, and harry isn't ready to throw that all away by going against the park. Like I said I'm sorry you find the site 'unfair' but i guess people can't understand until they have that type of relationship. Im sure Kaiser is in the same boat as us. Wed love to shout certain stuff from the rooftops but we just aren't going to.

#66123 2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 14 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Some people complain about what we get.  Some complain about what we don't get.  Some complain about what we may get.  Some complain about what we may not get.  Some people just always complain.  :Yuck:

#78425 Holiday in the Park 2016 with Map & Guide

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 17 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Having the park open until January far outweighs the minor inconvenience of the park being closed when needed due to adverse weather conditions.

#75130 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by jdc12192 on 19 July 2016 - 12:33 AM

What I fail to understand is how you are trying to make a new building the issue.

How is it an issue when you point out wetlands, it's not on or near any wetlands, it's on a already open plot of land with nothing built on it and no land to be removed. Your points are completely invalid and it's clear as day you just wanna start some drama.

It's not going to effect anything and it's clear you are just salty because it's not your ideal plan or what you predicted and are trying to make their life hell by stiring up unnecessary drama that will not effect any decisions, the park or change anything. The only thing you are doing is wasting your breath.

If it ended up going I'm boardwalk that would be another issue for people because it wouldn't fit. The park is damned if they do damned if they don't at this rate and can't please everyone.

People have been wanting a dark ride for years and was one of the most requested attractions, and now all the sudden we are basically unofficially confirmed to get one, it's the worst thing ever and doesn't need to happen.

#75083 2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Posted by 29yrswithaGApass on 18 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

It is an empty field. What are they going to do to it? Cast a shadow on some rocks?

2016_07_09_IMG_1008%20copy.jpg