Post some random facts you know about theme parks and roller coasters. Who knows, we might all learn something new everyday!
I'll start us off.
- The Steel Phantom/Phantom's Revenge received the layout that it has because there wasn't enough room in Kennywood for a 200 ft lift. Apparently, the idea of putting the 200 ft drop in the middle of the ride came about in a dream.
- Even before Star Tours 2 was officially announced, there were plans of replacing the original film earlier on with a ride based on the pod racing scene from The Phantom Menace
- Jurassic Park the Ride (aka. Jurassic Park River Adventure) was originally going to be built at Universal Studio Florida, next to Back to the Future the Ride. This plan was scrapped when it was decided to make an entire section of Islands of Adventure themed to the movie.
- In its early planning stages, Islands of Adventure had lands and rides based on DC Super Heroes, The Simpsons, and Looney Tunes amongst others.
- The music for Mission Space is composed by Trevor Rabin, former guitarist for the progressive rock band Yes.
- The Sunset Blvd section of Disney's Hollywood Studios almost had rides based on the movies Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Dick Tracy, and The Rocketeer
- Epcot almost received an entirely different take on Disneyland's legendary Matterhorn Bobsleds.
- Alien Encounter was originally going to be based on the film franchise of the same name.
- The late Greg Lake came up with the lyrics for the Emerson, Lake & Palmer song "Pirates" by repeatedly riding Pirates of the Caribbean.