16 replies to this topic

#1 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,534 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

Please remain seated.... your ride vehicle may begin moving again at any moment.

Or as we say in the world of GAH, we will be doing an upgrade to our Forums and Galleries over the next several days.  If you try to access the site and it is down, check back as it will be up and running again soon.

Our main home page will remain open for your viewing pleasure during our rehab!

#2 Medusa42

Medusa42

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Do you have any plans to clean up the redirect malware that is in some of your forum databases?

You have to delete your browser history to see this issue with the site.  Then do a google search so that a link to the forums comes up in the search results.  I searched for: greatadventurehistory bizarro relocated.  Click on one of the links to a topic in your forums and you will encounter the redirect malware which will redirect traffic to http://url4short.info/e8b34e26 , which is a malware site.  It appears your forums may have suffered a php code injection that is a pain to remove.

More info can be found here:

#3 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,534 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

We are aware of the issue and have it on our radar to get fixed. 

#4 IBOK

IBOK

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Any thrill ride anywhere in the world

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Is something different with this site or my phone? I generally post with my iPhone and can no longer see what I'm typing. I have to blind type on the pop up keyboard, hit done then check my work. Pretty weird. Any advice?

#5 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,534 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

I haven't experienced this issue. Anyone else?

Maybe somehow one of your phone settings was changed?

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

Sky Ride

• Red Tag (Moderator)
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters, Amusement Parks, Video Games, Baseball

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I have never had that happen either.

#7 jdc12192

jdc12192

Sky Ride

• Red Tag (Moderator)
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

No issue here.... typing from mobile too in the fast reply box?

#8 IBOK

IBOK

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Any thrill ride anywhere in the world

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Interesting. My fast reply doesn't show what I'm typing but the regular reply does. I can make due. Just weird that the page doesn't shift up to show the fast reply box anymore. I'm using the google app to access this. Wonder if that has .something to do with it. No worries

#9 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,534 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:51 AM

We may experience brief site outages this weekend as we transfer to a new server which will provide us with greater systems capabilities. Be sure to check back as any downtime will be temporary.

#10 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

awesome - keep up the great work on this site!

#11 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,534 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

As you have probably noticed, there haven't been many new Spotlights or features on our site for the past several months.  Sadly, it is not the way we had hoped to celebrate our 10th Anniversary of GreatAdventureHistory.com.  

Our major hold up has been the migration of our site to a new more powerful and robust hosting service that will best accommodate our site.  According to our provider GoDaddy, because of the amount of files and data we have coupled with its traffic volume, we need a "business-level" hosting package which also comes with a 400% annual increase in cost.  While we aren't excited about the extra cost, there is no way we would let that stop us from having this site.  And yes, it will remain ad-free because I hate those things!

GoDaddy received payment for the new plan back in June and so far it has taken them over two months to attempt to migrate to our new server and I honestly doubt we are any further along than we were in June.  To say their support has been pathetic would be an understatement.  You would think upgrading servers would be something they could do with their eyes closed.

In any case, we have been in contact with them constantly - I know GAcoaster is tired of talking to them and getting the run around as much as I am hearing their excuses and false promises.  It is something which we expect to have resolved shortly otherwise GoDaddy may be "GoneDaddy" if we decide to pursue a new host.  In the end and once migrated, our forums and galleries will take on a new upgraded look.  We have plenty of cool things waiting in the wings to add to GAH to make it even more interesting, informative, and entertaining.  

Stay tuned!

#12 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Is there any chance you would be able to allow us to click on more year park maps to view them in detail?

#13 Yoshi

Yoshi

Sky Ride

• Red Tag (Moderator)
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters, Amusement Parks, Video Games, Baseball

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

It's a shame to hear GoDaddy is being so problematic. I can't believe how horribly some companies have been treating their customers lately (I could write a whole essay on how bad Verizon was this past 6 weeks and add in another part about Best Buy).

#14 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

It's a shame to hear GoDaddy is being so problematic. I can't believe how horribly some companies have been treating their customers lately (I could write a whole essay on how bad Verizon was this past 6 weeks and add in another part about Best Buy).

I did not like GoDaddy's service many years ago when I hosted a band page on their network.

#15 Matt Kaiser

Matt Kaiser

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

GoDaddy has always been the worst host I've ever dealt with

#16 scott

scott

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

My wife had Go-Daddy issues when she was trying to keep a small web page open for the local rec cheer team up and running. It was very small with only a little bit of information but they always gave her trouble when she tried to make changes.

As far as I can tell there hasn't been many issues with this site going down but I don't know what trouble you have had in the background if any before now.

#17 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

GoDaddy was heavily into NASCAR and Indy sponsorship with drive Danica Patrick up until about 2 years ago, and now have vanished from the sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users