75 replies to this topic

#61 Coaster Kang

Coaster Kang

Super Roundup

• Black Tag
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters and Wrestling

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

I think it is. Very surprising to see Skull Mountain gain that many riders. Maybe the thrill seekers want to credit stash the ride.

I think it's just because it's a really exciting and fun family ride that can pretty much cater to any age.

#62 Mrpq

Mrpq

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

its really the only coaster in the park that is thrilling for the whole family.  Mine train is just too boring

#63 Password121

Password121

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

I don't think Skull Mountain is "gaining" riders, I think it's a combination of its mass appeal to kids and adults as well as it's massive capacity that draws even more people to the ride because it has comparatively shorter lines. A massively popular ride will lose some potential riders that are deterred by a two hour queue, while a very efficient, middle ground ride in terms of popularity (like Skull Mountain) will attract riders that aren't willing to wait long. Efficiency is key.

#64 Mrpq

Mrpq

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Well said

#65 ThemeParkRider

ThemeParkRider

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 984 posts
  • Interests:Theme Parks, Coasters, and Attractions

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Minas_Morgul-0.jpg

For some reason Poinsettia Peak reminded me of Minas Morgul from the Lord of the Rings movies, if anyone remotely gets my reference at all. If you've seen the 1978 version, I think there's even more of a resemblance.

#66 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, books, video games, roller coasters

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

Reading the new book, it sounds weird that this ride was almost themed to Gremlins.

Then again, Viper was almost based on Unforgiven.

The member formally known as "Luis L."

#67 SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

Reading the new book, it sounds weird that this ride was almost themed to Gremlins.

Then again, Viper was almost based on Unforgiven.

That's funny cause I was actually going to ask this after going through the book last night.

Im curious if it was just a name thrown out there or was it going to be more of a themed ride. So much potential there with placing the gremlins jumping out and scaring you. It would actually be an amazing dark ride. Would love to know if there were any concepts drawn up for this.

#68 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,462 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

The Gremlins ride was totally designed and had a messed up factory like look.  It would have been located more to the left of Skull Mountain, on the site of the Buccaneer (and the land to its right).  The Buccaneer would have been relocated to the former Traffic Jam bumper cars site. 

#69 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, books, video games, roller coasters

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

The Gremlins ride was totally designed and had a messed up factory like look.  It would have been located more to the left of Skull Mountain, on the site of the Buccaneer (and the land to its right).  The Buccaneer would have been relocated to the former Traffic Jam bumper cars site. 

Now I'm really hyped up for the upgraded Skull Mountain spotlight.

Any known concept art of this ride?

The member formally known as "Luis L."

#70 GAnerd

GAnerd

Super Roundup

• Black Tag
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

http://schwarzkopf-c...1001nacht07.jpg

Think I just found some insperation for skully

#71 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

I rode Skull during Fright Fest 2015 and then again during Winter 2016/2017.  For some reason I enjoyed it much more the second time.  Perhaps because I knew what to expect and how to handle the g-forces without needing a chiropractor afterwards.  LOL

#72 Viper26

Viper26

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Theme parks, music, Washington, D.C area

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

I rode Skull during Fright Fest 2015 and then again during Winter 2016/2017.  For some reason I enjoyed it much more the second time.  Perhaps because I knew what to expect and how to handle the g-forces without needing a chiropractor afterwards.  LOL

I had that same problem when I rode Expedition Everest in 2013. i rode in the front row but I thought I was going to pass out because of whiplash.

#73 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

I had that same problem when I rode Expedition Everest in 2013. i rode in the front row but I thought I was going to pass out because of whiplash.

Weird how you can have totally different experiences at different times and different rides.  I guess that is good.... :Transformer:

#74 Viper26

Viper26

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Theme parks, music, Washington, D.C area

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Weird how you can have totally different experiences at different times and different rides.  I guess that is good.... :Transformer:

I ended up taking a two year break from riding roller coasters because of that. Surprisingly, I rode Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Florida two days later and had no problems with whiplash. Maybe the way I rode Everest impacted my experience.

#75 dougdrummer

dougdrummer

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

I like the themed queue for Skull Mountain.  The only down side is that when people scream/shout it is amplified/echoed in the enclosed space.  LOL

#76 Mr.Anarchy

Mr.Anarchy

Carousel

• Black Tag
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

I like the themed queue for Skull Mountain.  The only down side is that when people scream/shout it is amplified/echoed in the enclosed space.  LOL

thats the best part about skully, it adds to the dark cave feature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users