Day 12- Restore the Carousel
Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:27 PM
Restore the oldest ride in the park. The Carousel is long overdue for a major restoration, and needs to be brought back to its former glory.
Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:13 PM
Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:47 AM
- restore the horses and cockerels to their original paint schemes
- put the tails back on the horses
- lower the inside wall to it's original height to lessen the look of a fortress
- restore the etched glass mirrors that were replaced by plain ones
- remove the plexiglas in front of the old steam engine - it's no longer needed
- add the missing woodwork and detail to the upper portions of the carousel
- replace the long missing canvas cover on top of the ride itself
- improve the sound system
- add the original onion dome top back to the Carousel building.
The ride was 126 years old in 2007 and really needs some TLC.
Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:54 AM
Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:29 PM
SFGA Ride Attendant - 2005 to 2007
Kingda Ka/Balin's Jungleland - 2005
Skyride Assistant Lead - 2006
Batman The Ride Lead- 2007
Walt Disney World Career Start Program Alumni 2010-11
Main Street Emporium Merchandiser Host
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:43 PM
We are trying to get confirmation, but we believe the animal paintings found throughout the Carousel were added by Warner LeRoy as a way of paying tribute to the neighboring Safari Park. Most panels from Carousel rides of this era and origin were much more colorful and elaborate.
Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:57 AM
Finally found the picture:
I REALLY miss the onion dome and the chimney...they added so much to the look of the structure!
Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:55 AM
Even a more elaborate restoration closer to its original design would be nice as stated, but right now the ride certainly doesn't have the luster that it should be presenting.
By the way when was the onion dome taken of of the ride? If it was too long ago it might not even be around to be reinstalled unfortunately although I hope that's not the case.
Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:15 AM
Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:34 PM
Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:20 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users