• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#121 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

I think both the ride and the movie are looking like they are gonna be amazing. You know what would have been awesome would be if the two parks opening the ride got a special screening of the movie the night of the opening. Now that would certainly draw som extra interest and the media frenzy in the park would have just been awesome.

#122 gafreak

gafreak

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

The trailer for the movie is horrible.I think this movie is only going to do good because of peoples orbid curiosity to see a dead actor.(keith ledger).The ride theme is good because batman concept works.
rt16.jpg

Gone but not forgotten....

#123 Up_Up_and_Away

Up_Up_and_Away

Strawberry Fair

• Blue Tag (Admin/Mod-Retired)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

I actually think it looks fantastic; we'll be learning more about Harvey Dent, the man who will become Two-Face...
"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

#124 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

#125 Up_Up_and_Away

Up_Up_and_Away

Strawberry Fair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

Rode it 2x this morning.

WOW.

thumbup1.gif
"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

#126 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Awesome! So I am guessing that we will not be dissapointed tomorrow morning. I am hoping to get a few goes on the ride before doing anything else.

#127 Winfield

Winfield

Carousel

• Black Tag
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasterin<br />Skiing<br />Music<br />Reading

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

It is a wild mouse with an amazing pre-show. The theming during the ride is almost impossible to catch however since the breaks do not really kick in until after the hairpins. It is exactly what SF promised to deliver, a family oriented experience.
The best thing is that a full queue was only a 45 min wait. The crews were amazing!
You can also tell that this is made for everyone by the restraint. It is the most fitting restraint on a mouse I have seen. Being 6'4" sometimes the mice can hurt the knees. This one was very roomy.

Edited by Winfield, 15 May 2008 - 03:01 PM.

"If we could wash the past away Would we go our separate ways...or do it all again?"

#128 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

It is almost as if the golden years of Time Warner have returned to the Park !!!! Hats off to Great Adventure on an outstanding new family attraction !!!! clap.gif

#129 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters, Disney, Animals, Skate Boarding, Music, Movies, Books, Plays, etc

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

The Dark Knight was really cool! I got to ride it twice this morning happy.gif
Posted Image
www.Facebook.com/dainanrafferty

Rolling Thunder Lead Summer 2009

#130 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

Those of you that experienced The Dark Knight Coaster today may recognize a clip or two of the following in the preshow! It's cool that The Bad Seed was produced by Mervyn LeRoy, father of the creator of Great Adventure Warner LeRoy.

#131 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,284 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Several Jokers from the GreatAdventureHistory.com Team made it into the Asbury Park Press! (Photo on right below.) For those of you who never met me, I am the guy in the middle!

#132 Railer

Railer

Sky Ride

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

A shot of you guys was on the Burlington County Times front page today also. I recognized the shirts.

#133 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

Runaway Mine Train

• Black Tag
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters, Disney, Animals, Skate Boarding, Music, Movies, Books, Plays, etc

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

^AH! I'm blurry in the photo...and I look like a crack head...

Here's the picture in better quality! (I'm all the way on the right on the screen)

-Dainan "The whole experience was GREAT!" Rafferty
Posted Image
www.Facebook.com/dainanrafferty

Rolling Thunder Lead Summer 2009

#134 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:47 AM

Got on this this afternoon after waiting out in the rain and the whole thing was such a great experience. This is how rides sould be themed and worked and I think it's a great thing that we have it. Can't wait to get back to ride it again... and you guys are sure looking snazzy!

#135 Up_Up_and_Away

Up_Up_and_Away

Strawberry Fair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

Last night the park was deserted following the torrential ran; we managed to ride TDK eight times. I think I'm in coaster luv...

Some interesting related links:

Gotham City Rail

The Gotham Times

The Gotham Times as edited by the Joker

Gotham National Bank

Gotham Police

WeAreTheAnswer.org

Gotham Cab Co.

They're all part of the viral marketing campaign. Join in by going here. When you enter your phone number, just put in the 10 digits with no dashes & no spaces... and be sure to answer the phone! The voice password is "needle."

#136 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

This whole viral marketing campaign is really some interesting stuff when you have a chance to truly get into it.

#137 kickcatso

kickcatso

Carousel

• Orange Tag
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

i rode this today, and personally........ wasn't one of my favorites. I was expecting alot more being $7 million, and six flag's is known for awesome coasters. I'm actually upset that they replaced the chiller with this. Everyone who got off the ride, said it was lame. I don't know, is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same way?

#138 GAcoaster

GAcoaster

Administrator

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

There are a lot of people who (especially enthusiasts) who have been disappointed by The Dark Knight, but I think their hopes and ideas about the ride were just way out of line with what it is. It's a wild mouse coaster with theme elements. It's geared towards families, not the thrill seekers. Anyone who expected El Toro to be inside that building obviously had the wrong idea.

It does exactly what it was intended to do. It gives a fun, family ride, with theme elements to evoke the Dark Knight movie. While it may not be everyones idea of a great ride, ask the kids (between 6 and 12) what THEY think of it, and they'll say they LOVE it. I think most adults love it too. Not every coaster has to be the tallest, fastest, loopiest, most violent ride. This ride is FUN.

#139 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

^ I think the same thing. There definitely were some people who got their hopes up way too high especially with the coasters the park got in recent years. WHen it was announced that the ride was going to be a wild mouse a while back, the ride was pretty self explainatory at that point. This ride does do exactly what it was intended for in that it provides an overall experience from start to finish with some great theming and a very nicely executed preshow.

In all honesty this ride has a much different feel than anything else in the park right now due to the detail that went into its theming. I am sure there are going to be plenty of people who are let down by the low thrill factor of this ride, but at the same time I am sure there will be just as many qho enjoy it as a fun and different attraction. While everyone is entitled to their opinions about this ride, I am one who happened to really find this as an enjoyable part of my park visit, and I think it fits in quite well with our park.

In terms of the money, for 7 million I think we got what the ride is all about, and it was themed quite nicely in that budget as well. When you consider the park had spent millions just trying to get The Chiller to run, this investment looks like it is going to be much better.

#140 The Master

The Master

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 2,782 posts
  • Interests:roller coasters, trains, old cars, old farm tractors, cats, and SciFi.

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:46 AM

I liked TDK.

Vote Saxon
250px-Philly_skyline.jpg bad wolf
Philly

Safest bet in the world: that a geek snob will find something wrong with something big in the subject of his/her (mostly his) fixation and grouse about it for the rest of his/her life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users