GAcoaster

Administrator

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

Fro the official Six Flags Great Adventure website:

Glow in the Park Nightly Parade

Beginning Memorial Day 2008 you can bask in the glow of your favorite characters and custom - designed floats illuminate the night in this uniquely, themed parade. Watch in awe as drummers, puppeteers, singers, dancers and kinetic stilt walkers create an unparalleled nighttime fantasyland of sound, light and motion.

Glow in the Park features the latest parade technology and special effects and every element will be adorned with thousand of sparkling lights. The parade will bring the park streets to life like never before displaying dramatic state-of-the-art floats attracting and fascinating guests with the sounds of cirque-style music.

#2 Thrill-Pics

Thrill-Pics

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:My interests are: Roller Coasters, Theme Parks, Thrill-Pics.com, baseball, soccer, skateing, skiing, Great Adventure, Disney Imagineering, and football.

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

sounds cool! happy.gif

#3 Great Adventurer

Great Adventurer

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

Cool, this sounds fun!

#4 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:26 PM

I am looking forward to this parade as much as the new coaster. It will supposedly include 8 brand new floats as well as 60 performers. I would love to see GA really make an attraction of this parade by having a defined route with benches, banners, sound system, and lighting. One of the most impressive things about SpectroMagic at WDW or the Electrical Parade in California is when the music kicks off and the street lights go out.

#5 KK 10-7

KK 10-7

Super Roundup

• Red Tag (Mod-Retired)
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

^One of the other good things, it's longer then a minute.
Posted Image
4ever

#6 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

If you think our parade was short, you should see the one at Six Flags Over Georgia. These were taken Saturday Sept 29th, 2007 so maybe it was downsized after the summer season. It was still a big hit with the crowd!

That's All Folks !!!

#7 PaulieGBones

PaulieGBones

Giant Wheel

• Black Tag
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Amusement parks, music and The New York Rangers.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:48 AM

The lady driving the car with Bugs and Daffy looks so thrilled to be there doesn't she?
elephantride.gif
I have never had any problems with paying attenti...... OOOOOOO SHINY RED BALL!

#8 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

A posting on Theme Park Review about the recent IAAPA show includes an artist rendering of one of the floats for the Glow in the Park parade. If you head down to Six Flags in Mexico you can see the parade long before it debuts at GA. Their parade will start in March.

Gary Goddard Entertainment is partnering with Six Flags to design the parade. Their work includes T2-3D and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at Universal Orlando, the Georgia Aquarium, several Hershey attractions, as well as venues in Las Vegas to name just a few.

#9 The Master

The Master

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 2,298 posts
  • Interests:roller coasters, trains, old cars, old farm tractors, cats, and SciFi.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

As long as it pulls people from getting inline on rides at the parade time I will be happy.

Vote Saxon
250px-Philly_skyline.jpg bad wolf
Philly

Safest bet in the world: that a geek snob will find something wrong with something big in the subject of his/her (mostly his) fixation and grouse about it for the rest of his/her life.

#10 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

The latest tidbit on Screamscape also mentions that the parade's creator has been involved with some of the floats in the Rose Parade. I have a good feeling about this parade!

2008 - Glow In The Park Parade - Confirmed - (1/16/08) We’ve got some new details about the new Glow In The Park parade being created for Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags Mexico. The parade is being created by Gary Goddard Entertainment who is working with Raul Rodriguez to design the floats (known for his work with the Rose Parade floats) and the music score for the parade is being created by Benoit Jutras, a composer known to Cirque du Soleil fans for his work on O (Bellagio), La Nouba (WDW), Mystere (Treasure Island) as well as Dragone’s La Reve (Wynn). The night time parade will feature five major floats covered in lights and a cast full of singers, dancers, stilt-walkers, puppets and much more.

#11 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

The new 2008 Great Adventure pamphlet includes two artist renderings for the Glow in the Park parade floats

Elsewhere, it was mentioned that the composer of the music for the parade has also worked on the score for Cirque du Soleil La Nouba at Walt Disney World. You can here a sampling of the music from that show HERE in the "Listen to Samples" area.

I am really looking forward to this parade! I am so happy the park has decided to add a night time entertainment option, especially since the fireworks were discontinued.

#12 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

I guess the park will be removing the Movie Town arch sign near the Studio 28 Arcade. Based on the height of the float in comparison to the performer there is no way it will fit under it.

#13 GAcoaster

GAcoaster

Administrator

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

I don't know that it's much taller than the double decker buses with characters on top of them, and they cleared the arch.

#14 darkridedan

darkridedan

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

I just don't see the need for this parade. With all the family rides and shows that have been removed over the past eight years, who will be around to see it? You'd have to get to the park later in the day just to have a need to stay.
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of 1999

#15 29yrswithaGApass

29yrswithaGApass

Historian

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,208 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

What better way is there to start attracting families than additing an attraction like this that appeals to all age groups and can be enjoyed by EVERYONE that enters the gate? I think this is a definite step in the right direction.

#16 darkridedan

darkridedan

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

It only lasts a few minutes. A bunch of flat rides can e enjoyed over a long period. I'm old fashioned I suppose. I think families come to amusement parks for amusement rides. The theme parks can have these parades.

#17 Up_Up_and_Away

Up_Up_and_Away

Strawberry Fair

• Blue Tag (Admin/Mod)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Um, I consider GA to be a theme park. I enjoy the entertainment a park may have to offer just as much as the rides...
"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

#18 darkridedan

darkridedan

Log Flume

• Black Tag
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Theme parks are places with elaborate themeing and darkrides for me. Not a bad direction for GA to move , but they have none yet. I think they should be replacing their aging flat ride fleet. It's becoming more about coasters than it ever was in Premier's day.

#19 JetsDevs4Lyf

JetsDevs4Lyf

Sky Ride

• Black Tag
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

WHile they do seem to be coaster oriented now more than ever, they could be taking some steps in the right direction with items like the dark knight being elaborately themed and a possible reworking of old country through the next few years. I would love to see GA as a full fledged theme park which I feel it certainly has the potential to be.

#20 Up_Up_and_Away

Up_Up_and_Away

Strawberry Fair

• Blue Tag (Admin/Mod)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(darkridedan @ Feb 8 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theme parks are places with elaborate themeing and darkrides for me. Not a bad direction for GA to move , but they have none yet.

Well-themed areas of Six Flags Great Adventure,
The World's Largest Seasonal Theme Park:

1. Frontier Adventures
2. Plaza Del Carnaval
3. The Golden Kingdom

I'm not saying SFGA is of Busch caliber by any means, but I do think the park is above the generic "Amusement Park" level of a Coney Island, Dorney or Clementon...

And, speaking of Busch, BGE may not have had a dark ride until Curse of DarKastle, but that park has, since it's inception, been the epitome of a theme park.
"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users