A Return Of Mr.Six!

Lance over at Screamscape is reporting that Mr. Six may be coming back for Ad Campaigns for Six Flags. I always liked Mr. Six and was sad to see him go. He did have alot appeal and was known to alot of people who are not familiar with Six Flags Park's. (namely, my parent's who haven't been to a park in years). He has been on quite a few Talkshows and was popular when they discontinued the campaign with him. I hope he comes back.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they did a screening of commercials with Mr. Six as market research doesn't mean he's coming back. Shapiro seems to have DETESTED that campaign from everything he has ever said about it.

Then again, there are a LOT of things that the old management did and Red Zone said were dumb that seem to never have changed.

They need to hire Cedar Fair's agency. They did awesome commercials last year.

^ Well, your gonna' love this. Today Screamscape is saying that not only will there be Mr.Six commercials, but he will be a walk-around character as well in Six Flags parks. I wonder if the actors playing Mr.Six in park's will have to be able to dance good to play the role. I just hope if they do bring him back, they use a newer song this time around.

I thought I read many articles about how the public found that character to be very "Creepy" and "annoying" and not good for the park's image? I would have to say I don't think it is a good direction to go. If the park is going to go backwards and bring back an old campaign instead of creating a new one, I don't think that was the best one they have ever had.

Shapiro went on and on about how the Mr. Six character was not the image they wanted because he had nothing to do with the parks and he couldn't understand the message.

Mr. Six was a character who it seems like half of people loved and half of people hated. Either way, he brought attention to Six Flags and everyone knew what the ads were for as soon as they saw him and heard the music. People still here that Venga Boys song and immediately think of Six Flags.

I have to admit I didn't LOVE the Mr. Six commercials at first, but they grew on me, and eventually I really looked forward to them. The Fright Fest version was great!

Mr Six has more to do with Six Flags that that weird head thing which most people found annoying. I would like to see some sort of show at the park starring Mr Six.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's kinda interesting that Mr. Six has reappeared while still spouting the same more flags more fun catch phrase that everyone detested coming from the floating head last year. Perhaps it was a matter of them loving the concept of the more flags more fun but needed a temporary new image to present it.

th_mr6.jpg

Mr.Six is back on the park's homepage!

YES!!!!!! :D:lol::P:lol:B):Z5a::clap::drool::banana::banana2::bananadrum::bananarock::rainbowbanana::BananaPiana::Carrot:sorry for all the smileys, I'm just too happy. Screamscape also reported a while ago that he may be a walk around character in the park. I'm not sure if this is the right category, but it would be a cheap, and popular, addition to the park if they started giving rides in the Mr.Six bus.:D:D

Edited by warnerleroy